Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

Riot Games is officialy working on an MMO.

does riot know an mmo won't work with spaghetti code?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    does riot know an mmo won't work with spaghetti code?
    They better make their own Battlenet type of launcher at this point to support all their games, they've already got a shit ton of projects coming up, with League and Valorant as well.

So it'll be the HOTS of mmos?

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone can challenge WoW and FF14 then surely it should be Riot Games out of all the companies. They have years of lore now and a shit ton of known characters.

15+ Year Old Account
    He says it's an MMO.

He didn't say it is an MMORPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Uh, hmph.

Does anyone actually care about the LoL setting and lore? Because it seems to me that people care about the characters. Why not make an RPG where you play as the characters people loved?

I mean, Blizzard did go from Warcraft 3 to WoW, so there is a precedent for going from a series of games that people loved the characters for, to a MMO that takes that setting and you explore it with your own character but it's not really about the characters you loved from WC3 (well, not until Cata when WoW became character centric again), but at least the WC3 setting was somewhat interesting. But LoL's?

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe it will be like Genshin where it's an MMO but you don't really play as your own character, but instead the canon characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He says it's an MMO.

He didn't say it is an MMORPG.
    Fair point.

It's still funny when they hired Ghostcrawler everyone was like 'don't worry guys whe're not stupid enough to make another wow clone' now a couple of years later he busts this out.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They have years of lore now and a shit ton of known characters.
    Uh huh.

I've never heard anyone talk about the LoL setting or lore. Ever.

The only LoL characters I know are the eskimo kid with the bear, and Phamtom Lancer.

- - - Updated - - -

The eskimo kid with the bear is cute. He should be a party member in a LoL RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait wasn't there a guy who was on the edge of being taken over by his demon possessed scythe? That's cool. He should be a party member too.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, that's the thing. A LoL MMO doesn't interest me. But a LoL RPG would.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Does anyone actually care about the LoL setting and lore? Because it seems to me that people care about the characters. Why not make an RPG where you play as the characters people loved?
    Bless riots little cotton socks they've been trying (they even hired Abbnet), but between the game's extreme competitive (and waifu) focus and Riot entirely shaking up the setting atleast twice I don't think anyone cares no.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

They really shouldn't do it, but w/e

Uh huh.

I've never heard anyone talk about the LoL setting or lore. Ever.

The only LoL characters I know are the eskimo kid with the bear, and Phamtom Lancer.

- - - Updated - - -

The eskimo kid with the bear is cute. He should be a party member in a LoL RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait wasn't there a guy who was on the edge of being taken over by his demon possessed scythe? That's cool. He should be a party member too.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, `Phamtom Lancer.` is from DOTA, not LoL, but 2/3 ain't bad. People don't talk about the LoL lore or setting because with a MOBA there's zero need to, all the exciting stuff is encapsulated in the new characters skills and tournaments etc.

Riot has absolutely been writing and building lore on all the characters and the world though, and some of that lore bleeds through into the game(various voice lines will only activate in the presence of specific characters, for example), and it just needs the right vessel to put it in the forefront. An MMO would be good for that because MMOs are very much about the world and lore instead of the specific story of specific characters(which has kinda already been explored through the comics, books and lore excerpts they've been releasing over the years).
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Uh, hmph.

Does anyone actually care about the LoL setting and lore?
    Yes, just look at the Seraphine clusterfuck all because of lore

I think the big issue with MMORPGs is that a lot of people will pick one and dedicate their time to. I'm sure even more may try another MMORPG since its part of the same genre, but will migrate back to their main game, whether its familiarity, community, etc.

And speaking of community, LoL may actually be worse than WoW's.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to them. I'd love to see a new, good (if not good, excellent), mmorpg* come on the market.

*(I know I know, he didn't say mmorpg.)

There's literally a turnbased RPG coming out in 2021 https://ruinedking.com/

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Good luck to them. I'd love to see a new, good (if not good, excellent), mmorpg* come on the market.

*(I know I know, he didn't say mmorpg.)
    Exactly this. I've never been a LoL player, but Riot have the funds & the talent at their disposal to potentially make something great.

Even if I never play it, I hope it turns out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Radisss View Post
    Yes, just look at the Seraphine clusterfuck all because of lore
    She had a little bit of everything though; Sona 2.0, irl drama and lore stuff.
    The full package.

I do want to see more competition in the market. Not sure if I'd end up playing it since I like a heavy focus on story which is...rare in MMO's, unfortunately.

As soon as they started fucking with the old lore to make it more cohesive I think it was pretty obvious they were going to do an mmo.