Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This chart just shows that WoW is still so strong it can dominate #1 profitable game of PC, which is fucking insane since i assumed LoL took spot always.
    Dude the chart's for November, you know the month the new expansion launched so wow gets to include box sales. WoW gets to be at the top for one month every two years, the other 23 months it struggles to be 10th place (if it rates at all).
    In the 2019 report WoW didn't even rate a mention and lol was 4th on the free to play list, despite being the only member of that list not to feature on mobile devices or be cross platform at all, hence my statement that Wild rift is likely to print money. Mobile is the big money spinner these days.

I don't know why you are simping wow so hard, no one said wow was unprofitable or unpopular. But it's a sub based pc only game in 2020 it's obviously not going to be seriously competing with the mobile kings.
    For reference, the mobile and F2p market is worth 4 times what the boxed sales market is worth.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Dude the chart's for November, you know the month the new expansion launched so wow gets to include box sales. WoW gets to be at the top for one month every two years, the other 23 months it struggles to be 10th place (if it rates at all).
    In the 2019 report WoW didn't even rate a mention and lol was 4th on the free to play list, despite being the only member of that list not to feature on mobile devices or be cross platform at all, hence my statement that Wild rift is likely to print money. Mobile is the big money spinner these days.

I don't know why you are simping wow so hard, no one said wow was unprofitable or unpopular. But it's a sub based pc only game in 2020 it's obviously not going to be seriously competing with the mobile kings.
    For reference, the mobile and F2p market is worth 4 times what the boxed sales market is worth.
    Well of course but if we compare WoW to any other MMORPG, it is comparing to a god.
    There is no MMORPG that can come close to WOW and never will be. WoW makes nearly 1Billion a year, which MMORPG comes close to that?
    We live in a time period of MOBA's and Battle Royales. Just saying releasing a MMO(RPG) will give RIOT 0 profit and chances are they dont come near WoW level.
    Just like HOTS didnt come even close to LoL's level of numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Do I really want to play a mmo with one of the most toxic fucking playerbases in the gaming world?

Not really.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

another game with cheap ass cartoon graphics and bloated system and transactions. but I don't expect much from riot.

I will give it a shot. If people that play the alpha say it's good. Then the people that play the beta say its good. Then finally if a month or two after it is officially released if people are still saying its good. Maybe push it to a third.

That is the smart way to get into MMOs because if you do that you pretty much never get into a new MMO. Because most of them are utter trash. Even when they have good and dedicated people working on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Lol not really. They will never beat WoW, Not with someone like ghostcrawler even with em. (Remembers Cataclysm, worst MMORPG expansion of wow next to WoD)
    Someone once said the same about them not beating Dota

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    This quote was once Blizzard's MO - "Gather existing good ideas, polish them as much as possible". I find that funny.
    After Valorant dropped and was pretty much "Counter Strike but abilities", I am very reserved towards anything Riot's planning.
    Well, to be fair, riot usually pushes their games hard through e-sport. With corona they cant do huge events, but even though I like overwatch more as a casual, I have to say Valorant is much more fun to watch.

I'm not saying they'll kill WoW. I think blizzard is killing WoW themselves since Legion. I'm not saying legion, bfa or sl are bad expacs, but you can see how activions is trying to suck out blizzard, by decreasing the quality more and more. There's getting more bugs into the game with every xpac since legion. Server's are getting very unstable with lags and disconnects. The good people are getting fired or leaving and they throw out a lot of other service workers. New job offerings have very low salary and will only attract young and inexperienced developers. Activision is now actively milking the last bit of blizzard till it's gone. There's only so much milking you can do to a company.

So Riot might not be able to kill what WoW still is and will be for some years, but they might find the one moment, where WoW will start to end and people are searching for something new. I mean.. Riot won't release it's mmo too soon I guess..

10+ Year Old Account
    is it LoL or DOTA that has the 5000 someodd year old dragon that looks like Loli Jailbait?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Do I really want to play a mmo with one of the most toxic fucking playerbases in the gaming world?

Not really.
    This ain't a thread about EVE, dunno why you'd bring it up here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Final fantasy 12 was offline...
    Erm... did you read that wrong or what?

FF12=FF11 Offline

Cause FF11 was online. I did the roman numerals right, i am not sure what you missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really.
    I mean... you already do.

I don't have high hopes. The only mmo out of pretty much every mmo i've seen in past years that can draw me into it is Ashes of creation.

And if riot mmo is going to have the same toxic community then oh god no.

if the mmo has mtx around skins like lol does then gg

but if not this the only mmo that ACTUALLY has the realest chance to be a wow killer

I hope it's MMORPG
    Only MMO is not enough

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. That's why GC came back to WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Or maybe it will be like Genshin where it's an MMO but you don't really play as your own character, but instead the canon characters.
    This only being announced recently after GI launched and knowing how Riot favors F2P mechanics makes me wonder if that's actually the impetus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

FF12=FF11 Offline

Cause FF11 was online. I did the roman numerals right, i am not sure what you missed.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think FF12 played like FF11 I'm not sure you know how FF11 played.

FF12=FF11 Offline

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has a middle of the run playerbase.

Now, if you want to argue it's extremely toxic ex-playerbase, by all means, go for it.

WoW has a middle of the run playerbase.

Now, if you want to argue it's extremely toxic ex-playerbase, by all means, go for it.
    Mid of the run, eh? So what are the other mmorpg's with worse communities?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This only being announced recently after GI launched and knowing how Riot favors F2P mechanics makes me wonder if that's actually the impetus.

- - - Updated - - -

If you think FF12 played like FF11 I'm not sure you know how FF11 played.
    Oh cmon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVisXjE679M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNluu5Ab2PA

Yes, it's very much alike. You stand there and auto attacks happens after the bar fills. You call up the menu and use abilities/spells.
    FFXII has better animations/tech ofc, being it's the younger game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He says it's an MMO.

He didn't say it is an MMORPG.
    Battlefield, PlanetSide, Minecraft, terraria, Tetris 99, fortnite, Mario 35, these are all mmos, so yeah, we may not be getting the new "wow killer" it could be literally anything.

It's like all the people who freaked out about dreamscape or whatever the new game company is a bunch of x wow devs made. We don't even know what type of games they are gunna make and people are saying they are gunna make a wow killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Mid of the run, eh? So what are the other mmorpg's with worse communities?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh cmon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVisXjE679M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNluu5Ab2PA

Yes, it's very much alike. You stand there and auto attacks happens after the bar fills. You call up the menu and use abilities/spells.
    FFXII has better animations/tech ofc, being it's the younger game.
    I'll go down the list:

Runescape, Everquest 2 oddly enough, Rift, Wildstar, Age of Conan, Eve, Archeage, WoW Classic, SW when they first came out especially. I can't comment more than that because other mmos that I've played tend to have a good playerbase like Final Fantasy, although 11 did have an extremely racist Japanese community.

Obviously I can't comment on every mmo because there's a lot I wasn't interested in.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I really hope it's a sucess filled with good quality content and design

It would make a good competition for wow

that would mean wow have to improve and that's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    if the mmo has mtx around skins like lol does then gg

but if not this the only mmo that ACTUALLY has the realest chance to be a wow killer
    First of all nobody will give a flying fuck if it has mtx on skins, 95% of actual value will come from content and gameplay.
    if content/story/gameplay will be good, mtx wont matter in slightest, unless it will be straight up p2w.

Second, no it won't be a wow killer regardless of mtx. The only MMO in recent years that could come close to WoW aside from ff will be most likely Ashes.
    Riot mmo has loooooooooooooong way ahead.

i doubt it, but i hope they will succeed, blizzard need a really hard slap nowaday, there have become so lazy with the contents they release for WoW, yeah shadowland is great for the new lands and story but the gameplay and the content is so poor and dont release the content enough quick

that would take a great mmorpg to really slap hard blizzard to change their way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    First of all nobody will give a flying fuck if it has mtx on skins, 95% of actual value will come from content and gameplay.
    if content/story/gameplay will be good, mtx wont matter in slightest, unless it will be straight up p2w.

Second, no it won't be a wow killer regardless of mtx. The only MMO in recent years that could come close to WoW aside from ff will be most likely Ashes.
    Riot mmo has loooooooooooooong way ahead.
    ashes will not be the great succes people try to convince us.. because its basically a pvp mmo, pvp players love that, sure.. but they are not the majority of gamers playing mmo, the majority of gamers playing mmo dont love pvp at all

and its why i always wonder why all the new mmo focus so hard on pvp, its the big mistake they do lol