Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    If you think it wont and hasn't already influenced development direction you are delusional
    "I'm just going to continue spreading misinformation without any evidence to backup my nonsensical claims"

- You, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How has it negatively impacted games like PoE or LoL? Neither seem to have changed much following their Tencent acquisition.
    Acquiring heroes and skins has dramaticalllly changed from league of old the boxes and shards is significantly different then just earn or buy currency buy the skin move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Acquiring heroes and skins has dramaticalllly changed from league of old the boxes and shards is significantly different then just earn or buy currency buy the skin move on.
    Yeah, the monetization system changed and...how is it worse?

I haven't spent any money in it since the change (I barely play and had missed years worth of changes), but best I can tell now you can still earn champions purely with in-game currency pretty easily, and you can apparently even now slowly earn some paid skins with spending. That seems like an improvement over the old system where skins were paid only.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I like the old league lore when it was just character backstory. The new lore seems pointless. We have these events, but nothing in the game really changes. Everything happens outside the game.
    Which is why the need for the MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will spend $1000s to make my LoL MMO character totes adorbs!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account
    Now Xenogenic has moved into the project https://twitter.com/Xenogenic/status...75919577952257
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    I like the old league lore when it was just character backstory. The new lore seems pointless. We have these events, but nothing in the game really changes. Everything happens outside the game.
    Isn't that the point? The mmo will allow them to have said events, and many more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/MarkYetter/statu...59332926156803

So Mark Yetter is now on the project as Game Director, note that before joining Riot he worked on Black Ops II.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I don't know how that affects us?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Saw Ghostcrawler and immediately lost interest.
    You just know mages will be broken

I hope it will be third person

After spending tons of time in Destiny 2, and Division 2. I found myself enjoying spending time in menus and various tinkering activities. I can only hope that this game will have something cool as well. I'd love to play the game for once that is something more than just meaningless rotation simulator.

I have confidence in Greg (and the team).

Quote Originally Posted by starstationprofm View Post
    You just know mages will be broken
    I really don't recall a time mages were broken, but I also don't play a melee character I recon. They were always easy fights for me.

3+ Year Old Account
    You just know this is gonna be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Saw Ghostcrawler and immediately lost interest.
    Why do you think WOTLK was so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Why do you think WOTLK was so popular?
    Because it featured, at the time, probably the most notable enemy in Warcraft that many were still extremely familiar with because of Frozen Throne? Because the game was still growing throughout that expansion until it peaked? I mean, he also oversaw Cata which...was not as well received.

He's a competent developer, but he's hardly the sole (or even a big) reason that WotLK was so popular.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Because it featured, at the time, probably the most notable enemy in Warcraft that many were still extremely familiar with because of Frozen Throne? Because the game was still growing throughout that expansion until it peaked? I mean, he also oversaw Cata which...was not as well received.

He's a competent developer, but he's hardly the sole (or even a big) reason that WotLK was so popular.
    Also important to note he only joined the team after wrath’s announcement and had less then a year working on it before it’s launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Also important to note he only joined the team after wrath’s announcement and had less then a year working on it before it’s launch.
    Ah, if he joined that late then most of the expansion was likely pretty locked in by that time. So one could argue his first actual expansion was Cata and...yeah.

Whatever though, I hated a lot of the decisions in WoW under his leadership but it was pretty K overall, and he's got a lot more experience now. I'm fairly confident in him, and I super appreciated his tweet about wanting to respect players time and not try to make a game that's the "only game" people play. That was big for me, it's a great sentiment.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, if he joined that late then most of the expansion was likely pretty locked in by that time. So one could argue his first actual expansion was Cata and...yeah.

Whatever though, I hated a lot of the decisions in WoW under his leadership but it was pretty K overall, and he's got a lot more experience now. I'm fairly confident in him, and I super appreciated his tweet about wanting to respect players time and not try to make a game that's the "only game" people play. That was big for me, it's a great sentiment.
    Ya he’s likely in the same boat as Ion joining before the wrath launch working on patch stuff and then the first full expan being cata.