Poll: Which game was a bigger disappointment?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    no man's sky. cyberpunk at least plays good when it works and anyone who wasn't a blind sheep could see f76 coming a mile away as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    My expectation was that it wouldnt exist, as prior to it's announcement everyone thought they would be working on TES6, not some shitty DayZ clone.

So yes, it was a major disappointment for many... Not necessarily in expectations from the game itself, but that development time was wasted on it to begin with when it could have and should have been spent on something people actually wanted.
    You realize it wasn't made by the main BGS responsible for main line TES and Fallout games right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethes...Studios_Austin These guys made Fallout 76, not the main BGS team in Rockville Maryland...

So no, it didn't take dev time away from anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk is a great game despite its problems.

Fallout 76 was shit with far more problems.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Fallout 76 was a bigger disappointment given everything that went wrong with that game, even down to pre-order issues.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

77 has big issues but is still great game especially if you've got very good PC.
    76 was total dogshit... and still is.

Since when is cyberpunk 2077 a failure? Did you buy it and just not like it? Or did you just read a bunch of biased reviews and come to the sheep minded view that its bad without playing it? It's a good game, does it have bugs? yes, did it have a rocky start? yes, but is it a bad game because of it? no. Fallout 76 on the other hand was released with false advertisement for merchandise for high end pre orders that got the special items and nuka rum. Horrible gameplay, and busted mechanics that took what a year to get fixed and by then its just a dead game with no hope other than microsoft to turn things around.

This is a difficult question. I am, like many other players disappointed about Cyberpunk and the lack of promised features. I am disappointed that many things are missing, that it released full of bugs and that we didn't get the incredible game we were expecting.

But at the same time, it is still an amazing game, and despite all its flaws, it is far far better than Mankind Divided (just played it before Cyberpunk) in almost every aspect and I am having a lot more fun in Night City.

So disappointment only because I fell for the hype, but I still get to play one if not the best game in this genre.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2020-12-18 at 10:58 PM.

I've been enjoying F76, I've already gotten me thirteen bucks out of it from the autumn sale. Heard awful things when it came out though. Cyberpunk I got as a birthday present, but I can't play it because it chews up and spits out my 1060 3g. So I have to shelf it for now

Are you kidding me? Cyberpunk is super fun.
    Fallout was trash.

Cyberpunk. Anyone who fell for Fallout 76 and didn't learn anything from Todds years and years of horseshit only have themselves to blame. This is following up the witcher 3. 76 was clearly just an attempt to make a live service scam for the "uhhh i just need something to shut my brain off and grind" crowd to drop money in a cash shop for. It being bad was as surprising as rain in england.

Everyone knew Todd Howard was trying to sell us a heap of dung so it doesn't really qualify as "disappointing" when everyone already knows deep down in their hearts that Bethesda is unable to put out decent games anymore. FO76 was always going to be a janky side project. Cyberpunk on the other hand was easily one of the most hyped/anticipated games and it failed to deliver on so many levels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Both good games

Dont @ me
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 76 hands down, server issues, dead overworlds, terrible PvP, player progress and inventories resetting of their own volition, quests just didn't want to even track progress, events that refused to trigger and most of it's defining features broke every single day till they patched them. Not to mention refunds were nearly impossible to get unless you bought a physical copy and practically begged the store you bought it from to throw you a bone since digitally it released on the Bethesda.net cruddy launcher where they were deaf to it all and Microsoft and Sony didn't care. Not to mention the Cash Shop and it's shadiness.

Cyberpunk 2077 though does work, is playable and has interesting story beats albeit a significantly artificial world with alright gameplay but it has been nowhere as bad as a Bethesda launch. Yes it's performing terribly on consoles and CD is indefensible on that front for launching it unoptimised for consoles (something I actually suggested when the last delay happened and that they should've just delayed the console release and done the PC release instead) and people are getting a range of experiences across computer builds. Yet personally I've been having a grand time with my fairly dated laptop with minor slowdown and glitches, I've had some disappointment with gameplay choices and the decisions for certain side activities but I've enjoyed my hours with the game and look forward to getting on with the main quest once I've finished all the side gigs.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk is buggy and unrefined but a solid game. They should have never put it on the PS4 and even push back its release.

76 was fundamentally broken in its design. It's practical a new iteration of the franchise after all the post launch work they've had to do to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrCanoehead View Post
    I've been enjoying F76, I've already gotten me thirteen bucks out of it from the autumn sale. Heard awful things when it came out though. Cyberpunk I got as a birthday present, but I can't play it because it chews up and spits out my 1060 3g. So I have to shelf it for now
    I've heard 76 is fine now. The issue is getting people to trust it and give it a second chance. I would if I had HDD space atm (and time).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    That's not really even a fair comparison. Fallout 76 was just basically DLC for Fallout 4 that they made into a standalone game to increase revenue. Cyberpunk was hyped for 7 years and was probably the most anticipated release in 3 years. So they aren't even close. Anthem is still not there but at least closer in hype to what Cyberpunk was, although Anthem was a worse game.

It's also important I think to put the "disappointment" into 2 categories since the game is specifically so unplayable and broken on last gen base consoles. So in that aspect for those players it was a massive failure and huge disappointment. But if you have a latest gen console or new PC and video card that can run it well, it's not a bad game even if it's clearly not going to be a classic in The Witcher 3 sense.

The amount of copium snorted in this thread is concerning. You guys might od if you're not careful.

Didnt have high hopes for either...wasnt going to buy f76 and waiting till I end up with cyberpunk for free or its $10 in a year to get it so....neutral?

I mean the internet has a weird issue of expecting games to literally cure cancer and have a huge bitchfit when they realize its just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Since when is cyberpunk 2077 a failure? Did you buy it and just not like it? Or did you just read a bunch of biased reviews and come to the sheep minded view that its bad without playing it? It's a good game, does it have bugs? yes, did it have a rocky start? yes, but is it a bad game because of it? no. Fallout 76 on the other hand was released with false advertisement for merchandise for high end pre orders that got the special items and nuka rum. Horrible gameplay, and busted mechanics that took what a year to get fixed and by then its just a dead game with no hope other than microsoft to turn things around.
    I spent 60 hours in it. I tried to explore the game, got to the start of Act II only in that time because I didn't want to rush it. I tried to love it, but it's just empty. I was searching for things to do for 60 god damn hours and I found one thing: Some fixer tells you to kill/steal/save someone/something and it all follows the exact same schema.

That's it. That is literally all you can do in this game. No good crafting, no guilds, no car mods or an actual garage, or even a proper housing system, or actually meaningful choices, no connected set items that actually fit in styling and give you agency over gear choices (just pick whatever deals more dmg, or has higher armor), perks are either utterly pointless, or entirely game breaking...

It's an utter embarrassment to call this a RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Cyberpunk? But only because I had 0 hype for Fallout 76 to begin with. Let's take a single player RPG known for it's interesting NPCs and stories and basic at best gameplay and then turn it into a multiplayer game with no NPCs or storylines at all. Yeah, awesome idea. It being a bug ridden mess didn't effect me cause I was never going to buy the game to begin with. I do feel bad for anyone who was excited for it but then again. Never. Pre-order. Games.

Then again, my only disappointment with Cyberpunk is the fact that they released a game that runs like shit on console and "minimum requirements" PCs. And that's more disappointment with CDPR more so than the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed both. I think they both have deserved and undeserved criticism. Fallout 76, as it stands now, is a lot better than at launch. It's enjoyable.

I had a blast with Cyberpunk. I didn't run into issues so many people talk of... the game felt polished. I think my biggest surprise was on how great the side quests were, at times even more than the main quest (looking at you Aldelcados).

I don't get the exaggerated, hype-fed hatred these two games receives.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..