Page 46 of 75 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
56
... LastLast
  1. #901
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Yes!!!. For real, i mean....Zenimax started with ESO at 2014. And the game has created tons of new systems to the game. On the next expansion they are creating a new "Mercenary" system, that allows you to have a companion. Why blizzard can't do something like this?

    Also we have Houses (+furniture collection), Armor style collections (+costumes), Set items collection (+Momentos, Mounts, Pets, Skins, Personalities, Tattoos, etc.). We only got recently Tattoos and some more racial features in WoW, that looks so few that everyone ends up using the same. Try finding two players that actually looks the same in ESO, and you won't be able to do that!.

    Also, it feels like in WoW you are playing 10% of the game all the time, like the rest of the world is useless and pointless to the point that you are stuck in 1 place and it gets boring right away.
    To be absolutely fair I don't know the situation of most of the games. The reason I bring up FFXIV all the time because it is my new main game so I know the situation there the most. I don't have to talk out of my arse to make a point. And there when Yoshida is asked for example about a proper glamour log he says "Yes that is among the things I would love to do if only I had WoW's funding". All he accomplished, bringing back a game from a WoD/BfA level disaster and turning it into Wrath, he did on a much smaller budget than what Blizzard is using to create....SL.

  2. #902
    Dreadlord Necrosaro123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eversong Woods
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    To be absolutely fair I don't know the situation of most of the games. The reason I bring up FFXIV all the time because it is my new main game so I know the situation there the most. I don't have to talk out of my arse to make a point. And there when Yoshida is asked for example about a proper glamour log he says "Yes that is among the things I would love to do if only I had WoW's funding". All he accomplished, bringing back a game from a WoD/BfA level disaster and turning it into Wrath, he did on a much smaller budget than what Blizzard is using to create....SL.
    For me, ESO turned into my new main game. The main reason i moved to ESO, is because BFA was so terrible, that i had to move to something else. And the only game available at 2017 was ESO. I never actually believed that it was going to be as good as WoW, since its a new game with so few years in the market, and with the fear of seeing this game going bankrupt, i wasn't sure if i should spend any money on it.

    But in the end, the game end up being far more interesting and far more complete than WoW. Many of these changes came since Morrowind + Summerset + Elsweyr. And made the game feel more complete.

    And i think the best part of it, is that i'm not stuck in that 10% of the game, just like i do in WoW. I'm actually able to complete so many quests around the world and collect so many items around the world that i rarely get tired of it. Making alts here is super easy, that deleting them to create a new build is no problem at all.

    The PvP part feels actually like a challenge. Since most builds that people use are private (there is no way to see what other people are using), and creating your own build using the sets + crafting skills + class/race makes the game more challenging. Meanwhile in WoW, everyone is using the same build over and over again (and most of them are abusing builds).

    Also the races of Tamriel feel more unique than the races of Azeroth, even by being less in number, the races have so many customizing options that allows them to be unique (some unlocked by quests, others being sold in the store).

    Funny....People in WoW plays Blood elves....And after playing ESO, Blood elves look ugly af for me now after playing with Altmer in ESO. And the best part of ESO is that they get tons of hairstyles + Tattoos + skin/hair colors + personalities + weapon/armor designs etc. In WoW most sets looks stupid ugly on Blood elves.

    But the more i deal with people from WoW, they truly are married to WoW, to the point that they don't play anything else than just WoW. No wonder why they defend it so much, even when the game is just terrible....

  3. #903
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,382
    @Wangming it would seem that SL's budget isn't as plentiful as Blizz would have us believe. After all, that sweet $200M paycheck for Kotick had to be squeezed out of somewhere... Chances are that WoW's budget wasn't spared
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    If you truly enjoyed BFA, then Shadowlands is for you.
    I enjoyed BfA. Shadowlands wasn't for me.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    And Yiskah held her, as light and life faded, until there was nothing left.

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    If you truly enjoyed BFA, then Shadowlands is for you. Like i said before, it does not possess any new feature to keep yourself playing it. It's actually the same old boring system of World Quests + Dungeons + Raids and now this scenario called "Torghast". They made changes to the UI to look better, but that is all.
    How can someone even remotely think that those expansions are similar? Like literally blizzard took U-Turn. Aside from usual has-raids, has-dungeons, has-bgs, has-arenas everything else is different, sometimes even completely opposite.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  6. #906
    ffxiv was around. I actually hate ESO.. but i also hate everything elder scrolls...

  7. #907
    Shadowlands is just fine. Not the best they ever made but far from the worst. Better then legion and far better then bfa.

  8. #908
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    @Wangming it would seem that SL's budget isn't as plentiful as Blizz would have us believe. After all, that sweet $200M paycheck for Kotick had to be squeezed out of somewhere... Chances are that WoW's budget wasn't spared
    Well they still have the budget. What they spend it on is another matter.

    Kotick be like: Bring the strippers and booze! We occasionally talk about videogames.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post

    But the more i deal with people from WoW, they truly are married to WoW, to the point that they don't play anything else than just WoW. No wonder why they defend it so much, even when the game is just terrible....
    Yeah I have a friend like that. My BFF in fact. He is convinced WoW is amazing yet never played a single MMO in his life. He "knows" WoW's music is god tier (which explains why BlizzCon has guests stars making a concert while the Fan Fest has ingame music) and that no game has concept arts as good looking as the ones WoW has (Yoshitaka Amano says hi).

    I try my best to not step into the same pitfall with Final Fantasy XIV:

  9. #909
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I'm fairly certain Blizzard has the most funding out of all the major MMOs now. Makes it weird how shit like this happened.
    You assume any of the money made by WoW goes back into its development instead of shareholders and Bobby's new yacht.

  10. #910
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You assume any of the money made by WoW goes back into its development instead of shareholders and Bobby's new yacht.
    Well Yoshie-P repeatedly said that he doesn't have the same funding as the WoW team. If I have to pick whom to trust between. "This wasn't planned but the dev team did it in their free time because they thought the players would like it" and "You think you know, but you don't." I would trust the former. If he says so they really do have less money.

  11. #911
    Shadowlands is certainly *Not* climbing the ladder, when its the expansion that lost over 1/2 of the player base, thats just a harsh fact.

    Im not saying that Shadowlands didnt have better ideas than BFA it did, but the execution evidently shows visual evidence that years of up and downhill promises are showing their fatigue.

    Blizz would honestly be better making WoW 2.

  12. #912
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Blizz would honestly be better making WoW 2.
    It's more likely Kotick would sell the Warcraft IP and games to Tencent.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    And Yiskah held her, as light and life faded, until there was nothing left.

  13. #913
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well Yoshie-P repeatedly said that he doesn't have the same funding as the WoW team. If I have to pick whom to trust between. "This wasn't planned but the dev team did it in their free time because they thought the players would like it" and "You think you know, but you don't." I would trust the former. If he says so they really do have less money.
    Nobody except Blizzard knows their level of funding.

    But the pace and quality of their output certainly doesn't look like their income is funneled back into dev teams.

  14. #914
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's more likely Kotick would sell the Warcraft IP and games to Tencent.
    Well, that could be a good thing actually. Tencent has been doing a fine job with e.g. Path of Exile, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  15. #915
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nobody except Blizzard knows their level of funding.

    But the pace and quality of their output certainly doesn't look like their income is funneled back into dev teams.
    You people really love making excuses for why you accept being treated like shit, don't you?

  16. #916
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    For me, ESO turned into my new main game. The main reason i moved to ESO, is because BFA was so terrible, that i had to move to something else. And the only game available at 2017 was ESO. I never actually believed that it was going to be as good as WoW, since its a new game with so few years in the market, and with the fear of seeing this game going bankrupt, i wasn't sure if i should spend any money on it.

    But in the end, the game end up being far more interesting and far more complete than WoW. Many of these changes came since Morrowind + Summerset + Elsweyr. And made the game feel more complete.

    And i think the best part of it, is that i'm not stuck in that 10% of the game, just like i do in WoW. I'm actually able to complete so many quests around the world and collect so many items around the world that i rarely get tired of it. Making alts here is super easy, that deleting them to create a new build is no problem at all.

    The PvP part feels actually like a challenge. Since most builds that people use are private (there is no way to see what other people are using), and creating your own build using the sets + crafting skills + class/race makes the game more challenging. Meanwhile in WoW, everyone is using the same build over and over again (and most of them are abusing builds).

    Also the races of Tamriel feel more unique than the races of Azeroth, even by being less in number, the races have so many customizing options that allows them to be unique (some unlocked by quests, others being sold in the store).

    Funny....People in WoW plays Blood elves....And after playing ESO, Blood elves look ugly af for me now after playing with Altmer in ESO. And the best part of ESO is that they get tons of hairstyles + Tattoos + skin/hair colors + personalities + weapon/armor designs etc. In WoW most sets looks stupid ugly on Blood elves.

    But the more i deal with people from WoW, they truly are married to WoW, to the point that they don't play anything else than just WoW. No wonder why they defend it so much, even when the game is just terrible....
    I played it as well, but the repetetive areas and constant loading screens and fps issues in pvp is what made me quit. Mind you this was 1 year of eso from start. I imagine they fixed most of this?

    Same happened with Swtor. Swtor had such a good combat system with even an auto attack on a key. But also big fps issues with the game since launch. They even blamed it on the players for javing bad pcs. It was hilariously bad.

    I would have loved it otherwise.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-30 at 02:04 PM.

  17. #917
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah well obviously it is a choice between shit and crap so even the winner is a massive failure.
    Threads and discussions nowadays are just full of sheer rejection. Everything is bad, they couldn't do it right anyways, no matter what. So why even bother?

    It's always the same. "It's sh!t, would've been sh!t this way, would've been sh!t that way, just let it die, bla, bla, bla, how about WoW 2, listen, we as players know what's good."

    The truth is: most of the damage done to the development process was due to the insatiability of the players. Everyone has the urge to feed his very own, individual preference at the expense of... any greater good - or willingly accepting it causing harm to other aspects.

    Later on, when the insatiable subsided (in subscriptions) to their distorted selective perception of their reality that everything they say always is correct and the right way to handle things, other insatiable came and the cicle continued. Numbers are declining and the only effort was to develop contents that cater to the broadest audience possible at the expense of "quality". Just, to keep the fluctuation economically justifiable.

    But yes, it's always the bad game and sometimes we all tend to play it. Just to blame it.

  18. #918
    The Lightbringer Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Threads and discussions nowadays are just full of sheer rejection. Everything is bad, they couldn't do it right anyways, no matter what. So why even bother?
    Well forgive me if I'm not thrilled that expansions have to be measured against WoD or BfA. That's like asking if you want to be punched in the face or in the dick.

    Why bother? Because they used to be able to do better. And maybe they could if they wanted to make an effort. As it is, they apparently can't because we are having two bad expansions in a row.

  19. #919
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I played it as well, but the repetetive areas and constant loading screens and fps issues in pvp is what made me quit. Mind you this was 1 year of eso from start. I imagine they fixed most of this?

    Same happened with Swtor. Swtor had such a good combat system with even an auto attack on a key. But also big fps issues with the game since launch. They even blamed it on the players for javing bad pcs. It was hilariously bad.

    I would have loved it otherwise.
    SWTOR doesn't run properly to this day because their engine is so shit and can't utilize modern processors.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  20. #920
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's more likely Kotick would sell the Warcraft IP and games to Tencent.
    Admittingly that *Might* not happen with the current politics of china/west.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •