Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Prior to Legion it was just the raid/PvP duo.

3 end gear paths > 2.
    M+ is already permanently damaged and will never return to its former popularity.

Remaining same for 3 expansions, plus increasingly worse community and RIO, has made M+ from a popular repeatable content to a boring optional activity.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    M+ is already permanently damaged and will never return to its former popularity.

Remaining same for 3 expansions, plus increasingly worse community and RIO, has made M+ from a popular repeatable content to a boring optional activity.
    Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your dislike for mythic+ is ok.

You don't actually need to justify it to us though.

And mythic+ is still by far the most popular and most accessible gearing path.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your dislike for mythic+ is ok.

You don't actually need to justify it to us though.

And mythic+ is still by far the most popular and most accessible gearing path.
    Your reply is totally irrelevant to what I said.

Got KSM and enough bis gear from vault that I haven't set foot in a dungeon in over a month. The thought of doing m+ again is pure torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Only one real thing to respond with when it comes to a non-constructive post like this:

- - - Updated - - -

So your only concern about this entire topic... is the term I used? Good to know. Also, Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for an already released video game, distributed through the Internet by the game's publisher. It doesn't say anything about pricing. Created in 2004 makes it an already existing game.
    says the guy starting with „ I can only speak for myself „

wait, my real answer to your whole thread is this (cause it works this way too! great! isnt it ?):

Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-07 at 04:25 AM.

I hated BFA more than any other Xpac and i played the whole xpac still... I have already started not logging in this xpac. Seems kinda empty and void of reasons to log in.. the gear feels bad and the i levels are all messed up for the content.

Shadowlands is, as far as i'm concerned, a 2nd WoD. (disclaimer: i didn't hate WoD, but still thought it was lackluster)
    An exceedingly popular launch that just didn't follow up.

The experience in the 1st month was great.
    The leveling experience was good. (this time only the 1st time you do it)
    Weekly tid-bits of story advancement were ok.

But once you are done with that it's just a matter of logging in for raids.
    The one thing they managed is to pull out a shotgun and shoot themselves in the leg with is alts... not so much the max-level experience, but the leveling. I mean; i found myself leveling alts to 50 and then adandoning them cause leveling past that level is just a PITA. (i guess it's the mob scaling that goes out of hand at about level 54?)

5+ Year Old Account
    This is the first expansion where I've completely dipped on the intro. The new lore just doesn't grab me; the covenant leaders are blocks of wood and their zones are visually monochrome. Part of what kept me playing the first patch of BFA was the promise of new allied races on the horizon, and the zones/lore were rich and diverse.

In Zandalar/KT I liked learning about the Loa, finally meeting Zul and Rastakhan, meeting Bwonsamdi, the Blood Troll campaign and Titan-made Old God experiment, the desert outcasts, the Waycrest storyline, Ashvane's betrayal, unearthing the Drust lore and the unsettling pig monsters, and getting a glimpse of N'zoth's Lovecraftian horrors and the connection to Azshara.

The SL zones and campaign are just so bland and repetitive in comparison.

BFA did WQ better. For secondary content, I'd rather do Warfront zone dailies than the Maw. I'd rather do Island Expeditions than Torghast.

I'm not saying BFA was a great expansion, but if we're comparing the first patch to first patch, I have it way ahead of SL.
    Kupo.

I am Blizzard shareholder, I know how its quarterly report and share prices goes. And I know exactly what I am talking about.

The sales record of SL doesn't mean anything. It is a result of long beta exposure and today's over-developed streaming culture, plus players' extreme fatigue with BFA especially 1 year long 8.3.

WoW's sub peak was at early Cataclysme, which surpassed WLK, MoP or Legion by far. It doesn't mean Cata were necessarily the best or most popular expansion.

Players buying SL =/= Players loving SL =/= SL is a good expansion.

And what exactly were people hyped about SL before launch?

- Covenants? Most people didn't know what they were and streamers were more concerned about the balance issue.
    - Torghast? maybe, but it is not as promising as hyped so far.
    - Lore? Nobody knew much about SL or Jailer. It was not as well-knows as BFA's kultiran/zandalar, Azshara, Old god element
    - New race/Class? there is none.

There really wasn't anything concrete to be hyped about SL, except people were tired of BFA.

"BFA was heavily panned" was simply not true. Players loved Jaina questline, praised how awesome drustvar was as a quest zone, how amazing the freehold, wcm dungeons are, how good the boralus city was. etc.

The only criticize back then was azerite armor and you need necklace level to unlock the traits. Nobody criticized the content itself, just like every expansion in its first month, because everything was "new".

SL solved part of the horrible, unnecessary, over-complicated sytems in BFA, but it is not enough.

I put my words here: Players will get bored of SL faster than ever.
    Well one thing in there that is super untrue is WoW sub peak being Cata. BC had more subs then Cata and WoTLK is still the peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Shadowlands is, as far as i'm concerned, a 2nd WoD. (disclaimer: i didn't hate WoD, but still thought it was lackluster)
    An exceedingly popular launch that just didn't follow up.
    Don't you think it's a tad to early to make that judgement? And even 9.0.5 already gives us more than 6.1 did, so that's rather unlikely anyway.

Some of you whinging retail players are truly insufferable. THERE'S NO CONTENT OTHER THAN ALL THE THINGS YOU DO IN MMOS, WAAAAH. I feel bad for Blizz, how do you ever cater to such people? At least Classic TBC is coming for the people who actually appreciate real MMOs and don't need to be constantly fed gimmicks so they can feel like there is "content" to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Well one thing in there that is super untrue is WoW sub peak being Cata. BC had more subs then Cata and WoTLK is still the peak.
    You clearly have no idea.

5+ Year Old Account

M+ has been reduced to a glorified weekly to pad your great vault. Besides that, it's utterly pointless, not to mention how I #$&@ing hate the current kiting meta as a (woefully UP) warrior tank. Those are tied for #1 reasons for unsubbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    As was pointed out to you, this is wrong. They were announcing quarterly active accounts back then, and they peaked in the Cata pre-release quarter (12.4M, if I recall correctly; at least it was 12-something M.)

Blizzard has made two main mistakes over the years with WoW. The first, shown best in Cataclysm, was the mistake of thinking they could make players hardcore. This doesn't ever work, and certainly didn't work then.

The second mistake was assuming they could successfully cater to both hardcore and more mediocre players in the same game. This doesn't work either, and I'll contend has been the source of the game's relentless downward drift since then. The game offers little to the mediocre players except constant reminder they are being grudgingly tolerated for their $$$, and that they better not enjoy themselves too much or the devs will remind them again they are not worthy of it.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-03-07 at 01:19 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The game offers little to the mediocre players except constant reminder they are being grudgingly tolerated for their $$$, and that they better not enjoy themselves too much or the devs will remind them again they are not worthy of it.
    Bingo. But it was to be expected, with a hardcore raider as game director. And it shows a lot, for example with these soon-to-be implemented "valor points". They are almost useless for your average Joe who runs low range M+ keys, and it disproportionately benefits those who can chain M15 all day long (aka hardcore players).
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2021-03-07 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    M+ has been reduced to a glorified weekly to pad your great vault. Besides that, it's utterly pointless, not to mention how I #$&@ing hate the current kiting meta as a (woefully UP) warrior tank. Those are tied for #1 reasons for unsubbing.
    M+ will never return to its former popularity, no matter what system blizzard will add to it (valor, upgrade, etc.).

It is 100% guaranteed, no doubt.

It rapidly drops popularity as expected.
    Wrong nobody knows the truth only blizzard does.

This thread aged like milk and so did Shadowlands' first impression.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The experience in the 1st month was great.
    It wasn't for me. The problems with the expansion became glaringly obvious for me almost instantly, and my play sputtered to a halt on December 12. I've watched the game's accelerating and well-deserved collapse since then. This has been more enjoyable than anything in the expansion itself. Going forward, watching the devs add irrelevant fixes while continuing to not question their core design misconceptions promises to be very satisfying.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-03-07 at 02:00 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

.....aaaand it's gone