Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm hoping to see way more from datamining PTR than they talked about at Blizzconline. If 9.1 is pretty much what we've already seen, WoW is a dead game, at least to me, for the remainder of 2021 assuming a 9.2 wouldn't release until Dec/Jan.
    So what's your poison till 10.0? GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    I must be in the minority here as this is the first expansion that I have stopped playing since starting in 1.7.
    I have played since vanilla and the only other xpac I really didnt play was WoD. I got the same feeling now as back then. Really great at the first couple of months, then quickly down the shitter.

Luckily theres no reason to actually play SL right now, unless you want to get really bored and hate the game. Theres nothing there and we are months away from 9.1. I'll take a longer break, return for 9.1 and see whats up. If its bad, a 1 month sub is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    SL started strong: that's fact
    But also fact it is starting a bleeding wheel with the obvious long drought we are facing
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I'm hoping to see way more from datamining PTR than they talked about at Blizzconline. If 9.1 is pretty much what we've already seen, WoW is a dead game, at least to me, for the remainder of 2021 assuming a 9.2 wouldn't release until Dec/Jan.
    So if next patch will bring new world content, more story, 10-boss raid, 8-boss dungeon that will last ~6 months WoW is dead game for you. Cool story bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So if next patch will bring new world content, more story, 10-boss raid, 8-boss dungeon that will last ~6 months WoW is dead game for you. Cool story bro.
    The next .1 patch comes when .2 or even .3 should be coming out. Never before has .0 patch lasted for two thirds of a year.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well if he finds the world and the story uninteresting, that won't hold him for long. Nor should it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The next .1 patch comes when .2 or even .3 should be coming out. Never before has .0 patch lasted for two thirds of a year.
    This.

It's like end of WoD but this is beginning...I disliked BFA less than this...
    At least BFA had awesome zones, main cities, best world pvp since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    there appear to be a whole lot of correlated reactions to this expansion among the players.
    and there never was an expansion that didnt have that... everything ever added to wow (or tbh any other game, or games themselves) always had a lot of people whining about it, there is literaly nothing in wow that was either universaly loved or universaly hated...
    and if you think you know better what people like than blizz bcs you read forums like this you better think again...

- - - Updated - - -

I want to be watching when the shit fully hits the fan at Blizzard.
    people are waiting for that since the begining of wow, still didnt happen, and personaly i think its waaaay too far in the future to actualy care about now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    And its similar with many other things in wow. Artifact weapons, Azerite gear, Soulbinds... Stop inventing the wheel every year... Improve what you have.
    and then people will complain how the game is stale, and how they dont add new things...
    look at classic how it went on forums from mentality "no changes" through "some changes should be fine" to "why no classic+?"
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-04-08 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well if he finds the world and the story uninteresting, that won't hold him for long. Nor should it.
    Nah, most likely he sets himself up for disappointment ("If next patch will do stuff what typical patch do, GAME IS DEAD FOR ME"), but will play&complain anyway. Hence my comment.

And everyone and their mothers knows patch will be late, you're not discovering America guys. It's not end of the world if more people take break or play some Classic.

i think the correct heading for this post that shl is rapidly declining in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and then people will complain how the game is stale, and how they dont add new things...
    look at classic how it went on forums from mentality "no changes" through "some changes should be fine" to "why no classic+?"
    Who said no changes? Its one thing to change something and another to throw the whole system away, on which you based the whole promotion campaign of the expansion and invent a new thing which will be thrown again away. Imagine if they threw the whole dungeon system away and invent a new one...

So what's your poison till 10.0? GW2?
    ESO. Over the last like 3 years its the MMO that has the most /played from me. Destiny 2 is now a contender this year with their big 2020 update even though it's not a typical MMO.

3+ Year Old Account
    ESO. Over the last like 3 years its the MMO that has the most /played from me. Destiny 2 is now a contender this year with their big 2020 update even though it's not a typical MMO.
    Ahh. I have a friend who really likes ESO, but I couldn't really get into it as well as the single player versions. But Sheogorath is still awesome because he is Sheogorath.

Ahh. I have a friend who really likes ESO, but I couldn't really get into it as well as the single player versions. But Sheogorath is still awesome because he is Sheogorath.
    Give it a chance, for newcomers it's a great game and it's MASSIVE. If you play on one of the new consoles, the next gen update for ESO will be released in June.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Give it a chance, for newcomers it's a great game and it's MASSIVE. If you play on one of the new consoles, the next gen update for ESO will be released in June.
    Everything fully voice acted with great story and rich lore, awesome crafting system, tons of player customization. Account wide CP end game system is awesome. Stickerbook for gear, everything at end game is a tier set where you mix and match set combos. You build your own class. Easy teleportation everywhere. Housing. So many strengths I'm a huge fan.

My only weak points for ESO are I think the auction house system is extremely bad and I think the combat could be polished more, it has a tendency to feel clunky and doesn't have that snappiness that WoW has, but I do like the more actiony style personally.

Not a huge fan of the PVP but also not a fan of PVP in any MMO really.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2021-04-08 at 06:18 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I did. Two times in fact. I quite like it, but not as much as FFXIV. Somehow it just didn't click. If I ever get a better PC and a good enough income to support multiple MMOs I might get my hands on all th expansions and start a fresh character with Greymoor. I'm a sucker of dark gothic vampire stories.

It's more likely Kotick would sell the Warcraft IP and games to Tencent.
    I'm good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Except we didn't exactly have the situation we have now as well with the bullshit pandemic. People "working" at home are usually way less productive and the whole game development process suffers. I can't imagine we would have waited so long if not for almost 1,5 year of lockdowns and all this crap of people working home office.
    S.H.

My opinion is rapidly on the decline, I must admit.

Initially, I was impressed. The amount of content required of raiders was minimal, a lot of specs had seen improvement, and overall it was just a much more pleasant time than the opening month of BFA. Shadowlands had climbed the ladder & was looking down on BFA from afar, and I was really optimistic about the following steps.

But it just stopped dead. Now the ladder is rotting, & soon enough, it's just all going to collapse to the point where I'd personally consider it beyond saving. As someone working from home due to the pandemic, believe me, I 100% understand & sympathize with the situation that Blizzard have been put in, but that doesn't change the fact there are hundreds of great games out there fighting for my attention, and the longer this drought goes on, the further my interest in Shadowlands diminishes. After all, this isn't the final tier of an expansion (I've had my fair share of 1-year tiers) where this sort of thing is to be expected.

This is the point where I'm meant to be excited about what's coming next, but in part due to the wait, and in part due to Castle Nathria being a sluggish subpar raid, I just find myself questioning if I even want to wait for 9.1 anymore. Chances are I will play 9.1 because of my guild & their history of x.1 patches (Ulduar/Firelands/ToT/BRF/Nighthold), but if 9.1 flops...? I'm almost definitely out.

its MY job to point this out for ppl.

i laughed this morning.