Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was stated or not, but r/agedlikemilk to the OP to be honest. I quit this expansion quicker than Warlords. That speaks enough on its own, for me. You can't package cool lore and fun story with tortuous gameplay and expect record levels of players to sign up for that. No thanks. The game is more chore driven for the lowest form of rewards possible, capitalizing on intentionally poor design with moderate 'fixes' to trick the 80% that they are 'listening' and 'responding' to player feedback.

The solutions aren't even solutions, they're just the same bullshit with more steps.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Love seeing these lmao why are you still here then
    To make you ask questions.

It climbed really fast and then dropped like a brick once the casual playerbase realized that Blizzard had forgotten to develop content for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It climbed really fast and then dropped like a brick once the casual playerbase realized that Blizzard had forgotten to develop content for them.
    Yeah, they think that casual players will be happy with the scarce, half assed, and insanely boring and repetitive content that apparently is all that Blizzard can concoct these days, outside of dungeons and raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yeah, they think that casual players will be happy with the scarce, half assed, and insanely boring and repetitive content that apparently is all that Blizzard can concoct these days, outside of dungeons and raids.
    Its boring because they have done the same for 15 years. Dailies and rares. Everything boils down to that.

Its time for a change in the world of warcraft.

I may be the exception, but for me SL is working surprisingly well. Yes, its riddled with convoluted useless systems which are objectively bad. However im in the peculiar situation where i can play very little and don't care about progression (or better, the competitive part of it).

This means i had no compulsion to do the chores consistenly, but only when i felt i wanted to do them. And this while doesn't solve any of the game issues, basically avoided the burnout for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Its boring because they have done the same for 15 years. Dailies and rares. Everything boils down to that.

Its time for a change in the world of warcraft.
    Imagine expecting a 15+ year old game to change their core gameplay loop...
    It worked before, it works now and it will work in the future. Blizzard fully expects players to take breaks or switch games when they are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I may be the exception, but for me SL is working surprisingly well. Yes, its riddled with convoluted useless systems which are objectively bad. However im in the peculiar situation where i can play very little and don't care about progression (or better, the competitive part of it).

This means i had no compulsion to do the chores consistenly, but only when i felt i wanted to do them. And this while doesn't solve any of the game issues, basically avoided the burnout for me.
    So let me get this straight, you like SL because you can't play the game much, anyway?

Now i'm no professional game designer, but a game that's most fun when you hardly play it seems pretty poorly designed to me...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    So let me get this straight, you like SL because you can't play the game much, anyway?

Now i'm no professional game designer, but a game that's most fun when you hardly play it seems pretty poorly designed to me...
    Games should be about us wanting to waste time in it. Not be glad we don't have to waste time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

I'm not contesting this. I'm not saying SL is designed in a good way, just that my gaming schedule makes up for a lot of nasty/boring stuff because i don't have time to reach that threshold. So in the end it happens that i'm just having fun and i'm not stopping playing, something that happened around this time (end of first patch) with WoD, Legion and BfA, to name recent expansions.

However i'll also say this: no matter how good a game is designed, since modern mentality is to rush through everything as fast as possible (for reasons i fail to understand) majority of players will burn themselves out in a short time anyway. The only thing changing is that they will return for new content patch saying "it's been good last time, i want to see the new stuff". Something it's not going to happen with SL.

I am just having enough fun with the game now and i don't plan to stop playing so far.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Imagine expecting a 15+ year old game to change their core gameplay loop...
    It worked before, it works now and it will work in the future. Blizzard fully expects players to take breaks or switch games when they are bored.
    Nah, I don't imagine anything. I do think that they could do some more cool stuff in the open world. The instanced content though?

Still awesome. No change needed.

And yes, I 100% agree on the last point. And that's part of my point. It's the same for a long time. I am not tired of Shadowlands, I am tired of WoW as a whole. Why? Because I have played it too long and too much But I think some changes in the open world would do good. Maybe even remove factions limitations. That would make some buzz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    What Popularity? Unfinished Split up Maps with no Transitions, No rewards or a good chance for Upgrades, Gating everywhere, Pvp gives new spells, layered metaslaving,
    Chats being spammed with ads, More systems bound into Ilvl treadmill? Playing this game gave me only 1 thing.

- - - Updated - - -

When you played BFA SL is simply an insult.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2021-05-24 at 02:39 PM.

Its boring because they have done the same for 15 years.
    Perhaps, but SL took a massive nosedive even taking that into account.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

If at least WQs would be like they used to be...
    If at least there would be one currency which we can farm doing anything PVE...

retail fans should be on their knees kissing the feet of WoW classic and classic players. Without classic propping up the corpse that is retail WoW, i can't even imagine how low this community would be currently.

Imagine if BFA/SL had unfolded exactly as they have, but without classic/tbc existing to prop up the #'s. This would, without question, be the end of the WOW

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, I've only recent started logging in only to do mount farming. SL lasted me until a couple weeks ago so that's not too bad. And since I get classic with my sub I've switched over there to faff around. I'm hardly upset with it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    If at least WQs would be like they used to be...
    If at least there would be one currency which we can farm doing anything PVE...
    They are apparently adding such a currency for 9.1, but the acquisition rates still rest to be seen, and it will only be farmable in Korthia and the Tazavesh dungeon for what I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You can't package cool lore and fun story with tortuous gameplay and expect record levels of players to sign up for that.
    I mean, the story is terrible as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Perhaps, but SL took a massive nosedive even taking that into account.
    And so did the other expansions bar Legion all the way since Cata. Legion did introduce quite a lot of new stuff. The others did not.

It's a sign that people needs to be excited. Having the same dailies/rare stuff being the major thing in the open world is going to be boring. And you say SL took a massive nosedive even taking that into account? So if a game is the same for 5 years, you wouldnt think that doing it the 5th year, would be more fun than doing it for the 15th year in a row in comparison?

15+ Year Old Account
    And so did the other expansions bar Legion all the way since Cata. Legion did introduce quite a lot of new stuff. The others did not.

It's a sign that people needs to be excited. Having the same dailies/rare stuff being the major thing in the open world is going to be boring. And you say SL took a massive nosedive even taking that into account? So if a game is the same for 5 years, you wouldnt think that doing it the 5th year, would be more fun than doing it for the 15th year in a row in comparison?
    Legion kept up it's worst part the entire expansion. Mandatory AP grinding, it was a serious cancer to that expansion and I detested it. I didn't think Cata took a nosedive. The raid content was fine up until the end. It's not going to win any stars for difficulty but Heroic 25 content was still fun until the end. Buffered by the fact there was still 10 man heroic content then too. I could raid on my main during the week and at weekends I raided with some old friends and did 10 man heroic content. 2 sets of progression with 2 fun groups. I had a blast.

I appreciate this expansion's tier is going to upset raiders as it's dragging on and if you've finished, that's boring, but it also gives raid guilds who are behind a chance to finish the tier.
    Last edited by Malania; 2021-05-24 at 01:33 PM.