Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ...
37
77
85
86
87
88
89
97
... LastLast
  1. #1721
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    What are you even on about? Nothing I asked of either you or Robo was particularly demanding. If you can't show up, just say so or asked to be replaced. There's really no need to wish bad things on other players because you can't handle being called out when asked about anything relevant to the game itself.
    Regular Interaction:

    Player A: Player B is a lurker.

    Player B: Sorry I was busy, but I'm here now.

    Player A: Why weren't you more active?

    Player B: Real life came up, sorry! I may or may not be active depending on real life as of the current time.

    Player A: Thank you for checking in. Please try to be more considerate of other players.

    Current Interaction

    Payer A: Hey people are lurking!

    Player B: Sorry, you know holidays and what not. Hopefully after things will chill out and I can get back to it.

    Player A: NO WHAT WERE YOU DOING?

    Player B: ... Holiday stuff?

    Player A: WELL I ALSO DID HOLIDAY STUFF AND I'M STILL HERE PLAYING AND YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ALLOWED TO PLAY IF YOU CAN'T BE HERE

    Player B: I'm sorry? I'm here now, and the other guy legit just has a full schedule and plays when he can sorry I just have really weird family shit.

    Player A: YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY LIFE IS LIKE AND I'M STILL HERE DOING THINGS SO WHATEVER YOU SAY ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!

    Player B: Well now you can just get fucked.

    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd Scene.

    You see the difference?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Like Grae my dude, I'm willing to say I may have taken your tone out of context but even given how you're talking in the quoted message I really don't think that I am.

    You're being an absolute douche and it's just hitting the wrong notes for me today. So I'm sorry I went off, but man I already hate this time of year so yours and claws semi-attack on my real life and lack of consideration to shit outside the game just irked me something fierce

  2. #1722
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,889
    Remember when I said we should have fucking lynched val yesterday? I remember

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  3. #1723
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    vote: val

    You're scum. Also fuck clarinet.
    I mean end of the day as annoyed as I am with how this days went I haven't just opted out of playing, so give me that much credit at least :P

  4. #1724
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I mean end of the day as annoyed as I am with how this days went I haven't just opted out of playing, so give me that much credit at least :P
    wasting a lynch on someone who has effectively quit sucks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  5. #1725
    Okay. I wanted to go back and take a look at Dupti's claims and see if I could make sense of it. These were the quotes I was able to find regarding his powers of the stone. Below each quote I will put my take on the post.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    i am rocket racoon for whatever it is worth

    vote val
    This is Dupti's claim of being Rocket. He also throws a vote on Val for fluff posting.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    can anyone tell me who the first person to push on me was? i just someone tried to attack me last that

    i had the reality stone and but also lost possession of it during the night, no idea if it is related to the attack or not, but the stone did let me survive
    In this post, Dupti claims that he was attacked last night, while having the reality stone. He also states that having the stone let him survive.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    anyway you can lynch me if you guys want to as i am not going to read 40 pages of non sense sorry

    the only information i have is what i just gave: i had the reality stone, i was attacked last night and someone stole my poor stone even though i tried to guard it

    initially i assumed whoever pushed on me was scum but the more i think about it, it is also a possibility that they thought doc protected me/that i was the doc myself and perhaps they would be a bit more reluctant but still it could be a good way to poke for reactions to find the real doctor if they assumed i wasn't the one

    so yeah hurray wifom
    Dupti discusses WIFOM regarding the doctor, but at this point in the game we do not necessarily know a doctor exists. Could it be assumed that there would be some form of doctor role? Absolutely. This is not necessarily anything bad, but wanted to note it.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    uh what? not really, i either use it for a random redirect n1 when i am not paying attention to the game if i am a complete idiot or i jsut guard it since i can survive 1 attack when i have a stone to guard
    Dupti claims that his stone is a random re-direct. Later on he clarifies that it is not as bus driver, but is a re-direct. He does not mention any other abilities and says he doesn't remember anything else when asked by Graeham later on.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    yes indeed that is what i was thinking

    but i guarded last night, which means that either

    a) at least two people tried to steal from me
    b) someone has an ability that bypasses my guard

    the thing about a) is initially my thought was that it would be weird for two+ players to try to steal from me n1 unless it was coordinated, which would suggest scum but since someone also tried to kill me i dont think it makes sense if they also tried to steal from me, which means i am kind of slightly leaning more towards 2+ townies trying to steal from me n1 if this was what happened
    Dupti claims to have guarded his stone and is discussing whether scum or two random townies stealing from him or not. But I bring this up because he is talking about his action being a guard and not being used.

    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    oh i know for a fact that i was, as i said if i have a stone in my possession i can survive one attack that night. also the wording is rather interesting actually as it does seem to indicate that there might me multiple kills or the scum team have abilities to attack several times on the same night
    And this is the big one to me. In this he is basically stating he has a TPR ability that protects him from one kill "that night" and goes on to assume there are multiple kill sources. This is the first actual claim of having a TPR ability while having a stone and I don't think Rocket Raccoon would have that.

    Anyone have any opinions? To me, this claim has been bugging me the entire time mainly because of goes against what we have seen thus far.

  6. #1726
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,829
    I'd say that's a pretty deceptive take on the situation, Virothe. I'll be seeing this game through to its conclusion and after that I'm taking a break for a while - these games are meant to be lighthearted and fun but it's not just this particular game where you've made me feel like dirt because of how aggressive you get at the drop of the hat.

    I don't believe that I've been mean or unreasonable. Nor have I ever suggested that the game should be anybody's priority. Yet when individual players, across multiple games, are repeatedly missing in action or overly aggressive then it really just sucks the fun out of things.

    Like I said, I'm pretty sure many of us have tough stuff going on in our lives right now. I'm not intending to use it as an excuse or make a competition out of it.

    It takes a lot of energy to create and run these games, so out of respect for Mercy (and my fellow townies) I'm not going to pull a Clarinet and throw in the towel/self sabotage even if I'm pretty close to saying 'fuck it'.

  7. #1727
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty deceptive take on the situation, Virothe. I'll be seeing this game through to its conclusion and after that I'm taking a break for a while - these games are meant to be lighthearted and fun but it's not just this particular game where you've made me feel like dirt because of how aggressive you get at the drop of the hat.

    I don't believe that I've been mean or unreasonable. Nor have I ever suggested that the game should be anybody's priority. Yet when individual players, across multiple games, are repeatedly missing in action or overly aggressive then it really just sucks the fun out of things.

    Like I said, I'm pretty sure many of us have tough stuff going on in our lives right now. I'm not intending to use it as an excuse or make a competition out of it.

    It takes a lot of energy to create and run these games, so out of respect for Mercy (and my fellow townies) I'm not going to pull a Clarinet and throw in the towel/self sabotage even if I'm pretty close to saying 'fuck it'.
    wow how thoughtful of you. you're such a good special person. you deserve some sort of unique ribbon that says you are special for participating. i wonder what we could call it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  8. #1728
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,829
    Unvote
    Vote: Dupti

  9. #1729
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    wow how thoughtful of you. you're such a good special person. you deserve some sort of unique ribbon that says you are special for participating. i wonder what we could call it?
    Meh, I'm just done with the situation now and I'm washing my hands of it.

    And ya I agree it's been a lot of waste this game though, I really do think we should have just waiting and started after Xmas it seems to have caused a bunch of weird issues in an otherwise interesting game honestly.

  10. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Okay. I wanted to go back and take a look at Dupti's claims and see if I could make sense of it. These were the quotes I was able to find regarding his powers of the stone. Below each quote I will put my take on the post.



    This is Dupti's claim of being Rocket. He also throws a vote on Val for fluff posting.



    In this post, Dupti claims that he was attacked last night, while having the reality stone. He also states that having the stone let him survive.



    Dupti discusses WIFOM regarding the doctor, but at this point in the game we do not necessarily know a doctor exists. Could it be assumed that there would be some form of doctor role? Absolutely. This is not necessarily anything bad, but wanted to note it.



    Dupti claims that his stone is a random re-direct. Later on he clarifies that it is not as bus driver, but is a re-direct. He does not mention any other abilities and says he doesn't remember anything else when asked by Graeham later on.



    Dupti claims to have guarded his stone and is discussing whether scum or two random townies stealing from him or not. But I bring this up because he is talking about his action being a guard and not being used.



    And this is the big one to me. In this he is basically stating he has a TPR ability that protects him from one kill "that night" and goes on to assume there are multiple kill sources. This is the first actual claim of having a TPR ability while having a stone and I don't think Rocket Raccoon would have that.

    Anyone have any opinions? To me, this claim has been bugging me the entire time mainly because of goes against what we have seen thus far.
    Could be scum but not thanos his claim as guardian is interesting not that it matters to much unless every1 were to claim maybe idk he hasn't given to much

  11. #1731
    vote: valso i acutally get a vote on record

  12. #1732
    My conjecture against Val had a couple holes in it. I am not saying he is not scum, but my theory about what was happening can not work.

  13. #1733
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    only problem i have with LAL is that leaves me with my 2 prime thanos and thats cereal and val only reason cereal is youve been fingering and pushing them hard maybe you took the stone from val idk maybe val is thanos and still has the stone or maybe you are right and virothe or xanjori are scum IDK Xanjori has no votes entire game he posts but its kinda garbage
    Are you mad? Sitting here posting mad shit, not offering one single idea behind a push and my posts are garbage? Are we even playing the same game?

    My bad I couldnt join in the FOUR HUNDRED posts dumb fuckers made on the day we celebrate christmas here in Sweden, are you actually insane? Like Im sitting here watching Bwonsamdi make posts that literally say "Just checking post count, gotta keep active" and you're claiming my posts are garbage? The difference between my post count and the others in this thread is that I read all the pages that have been posted while Ive been away and then make a single or two posts about what Ive read and how I view the information gained. You've got people here clicking reply to every single post thats been made and then offer absolutely no insight.

  14. #1734
    Let me rephrase. My specific scenario in the conjecture, could not happen. I was not considering two things.

  15. #1735
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Suddenly we've got a bunch of players who nobody has a real read as well as a couple of players who are still arguably finding their feet. Not a particularly great situation.
    No shit, if everyone sits around attempting to meta game and not actually attempting to play the game suddenly we end up in a situation where people have no reads. Its because no one has tried to do anything to win this game. Foxxi died because she was quite clearly town, which is more than can be said for any of other oh so amazing active posters.

  16. #1736
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Are you mad? Sitting here posting mad shit, not offering one single idea behind a push and my posts are garbage? Are we even playing the same game?

    My bad I couldnt join in the FOUR HUNDRED posts dumb fuckers made on the day we celebrate christmas here in Sweden, are you actually insane? Like Im sitting here watching Bwonsamdi make posts that literally say "Just checking post count, gotta keep active" and you're claiming my posts are garbage? The difference between my post count and the others in this thread is that I read all the pages that have been posted while Ive been away and then make a single or two posts about what Ive read and how I view the information gained. You've got people here clicking reply to every single post thats been made and then offer absolutely no insight.
    How dare you not have unlimited free time like I do and can post to every single thing all day. How dare you!

  17. #1737
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    And what do we get from lynching Virothe if he ends up being town?
    Are you positive Virothe is town? Because from what I've seen its been almost impossible to make a read on him. If you could provide an argument as to why you think Virothe is town then sure, but I dont really see what this post is trying to achieve otherwise.

  18. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Are you mad? Sitting here posting mad shit, not offering one single idea behind a push and my posts are garbage? Are we even playing the same game?

    My bad I couldnt join in the FOUR HUNDRED posts dumb fuckers made on the day we celebrate christmas here in Sweden, are you actually insane? Like Im sitting here watching Bwonsamdi make posts that literally say "Just checking post count, gotta keep active" and you're claiming my posts are garbage? The difference between my post count and the others in this thread is that I read all the pages that have been posted while Ive been away and then make a single or two posts about what Ive read and how I view the information gained. You've got people here clicking reply to every single post thats been made and then offer absolutely no insight.
    Triggered much please enlighten me on what you've brought to the table or dont im getting fucking tired of the omg xmas holidays was busy every1 should of known this shit before signing up

  19. #1739
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Triggered much please enlighten me on what you've brought to the table or dont im getting fucking tired of the omg xmas holidays was busy every1 should of known this shit before signing up
    Dude I signed up knowing Id be busy on one day and I made that clear. If you think thats a reason to lynch maybe you shouldnt have signed up to the game? Youve literally made 0 impact on this game, regardless of what your post count is. I at least made it clear that lynching Clarinet would free up information we would lose from day 1 otherwise.

  20. #1740
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,829
    Pretty sure this is Clawsout's first game...?

    I don't know. Do we need to get a mod in here or something because the treatment of new players has been pretty damn awful lately. Not just in this game, either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •