Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Not as far as I can see. If they kill a target with any stones they get them anyway?
    yes indeed that is what i was thinking

but i guarded last night, which means that either

a) at least two people tried to steal from me
    b) someone has an ability that bypasses my guard

the thing about a) is initially my thought was that it would be weird for two+ players to try to steal from me n1 unless it was coordinated, which would suggest scum but since someone also tried to kill me i dont think it makes sense if they also tried to steal from me, which means i am kind of slightly leaning more towards 2+ townies trying to steal from me n1 if this was what happened

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Okay well. Let's throw out some information here and discuss!

Based on who my character is, I would have expected a specific infinity stone to be given to me, however it was not that one. This leads me to believe that infinity stones were given randomly to people (probably with some caveats) or mercy sucks at knowing who had what stone :P <3

I was given the Mind Stone. It allowed me to ask one question out of a specific list of eight questions, per night. Once I ask a question, it is removed from the list of questions to be asked.

I asked it last night what Thanos' special powers were, which is why I kept bringing it up on Day 1. I had assumed that prior to the game start, but the stone confirmed he did have those powers.

Thanos, as we know, has the infinity guantlet. This allows him two benefits. 1) He can never have an infinity stone stolen from him or taken by a kill/lynch and 2) he can use any number of stones in his possession a night. So if he gets 2 or 3 stones, he can use all actions each night.

No other abilities were given to me. This leads me to assume he, personally, does not have a night kill. He could still be the leader of the scum team and they have a kill or he is a third party with another scum team.
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Well, then. I remember six of the seven remaining questions. If my brain thinks of the other one, I will post it.

These are in no particular order and im paraphrasing from what I remember since the actual list has gone poof.

1. Tell me something interesting about town
    2. Tell me something interesting about scum
    3. How many scum are left?
    4. What does a specific stone do? (Have to choose which stone I want)
    5. What stones exchanged hands at night (I cannot remember if it said I know know the names or just what stones. I "think" it would give me names)
    6. How many stones does Thanos currently have
    7. .......
    8. What are Thanos' special abilities
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    yes indeed that is what i was thinking

but i guarded last night, which means that either

a) at least two people tried to steal from me
    b) someone has an ability that bypasses my guard

the thing about a) is initially my thought was that it would be weird for two+ players to try to steal from me n1 unless it was coordinated, which would suggest scum but since someone also tried to kill me i dont think it makes sense if they also tried to steal from me, which means i am kind of slightly leaning more towards 2+ townies trying to steal from me n1 if this was what happened
    Yeah, I meant to comment on that when you said that before. In the last game 3 people stole from mercy all on the same night with no communication. It definitely can happen ahaha.

i guess if a) was what happened then i am leaning slightly more towards a townie having the stone at the moment which is fine

however if it is b) then idk

Apparently my quoter REALLY wanted that posted again. It didn't even appear in quick reply.

Oh well.

but since someone also tried to kill me
    Why do you think you were the target of a kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Why do you think you were the target of a kill?
    oh i know for a fact that i was, as i said if i have a stone in my possession i can survive one attack that night. also the wording is rather interesting actually as it does seem to indicate that there might me multiple kills or the scum team have abilities to attack several times on the same night

oh i know for a fact that i was, as i said if i have a stone in my possession i can survive one attack that night. also the wording is rather interesting actually as it does seem to indicate that there might me multiple kills or the scum team have abilities to attack several times on the same night
    hypothetically maybe thanos can bypass a guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    hypothetically maybe thanos can bypass a guard?
    i was considering that as well, but if cereal is telling the truth that does not seem to be the case

- - - Updated - - -

well i suppose it could be a stone power

10+ Year Old Account
    limit killed sire ooo

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

i apologise if you guys have already discussed this, but assuming thanos is on an actual scum team, do you guys believe that the other scum members can give thanos their infinity stones if they have some?

i was considering that as well, but if cereal is telling the truth that does not seem to be the case

- - - Updated - - -

well i suppose it could be a stone power
    he could of possibly only got sum info on thanos not all info tho

- - - Updated - - -

i apologise if you guys have already discussed this, but assuming thanos is on an actual scum team, do you guys believe that the other scum members can give thanos their infinity stones if they have some?
    we think its scum team and thanos is 3rd party

we think its scum team and thanos is 3rd party
    hm yes that is definitely a possibility

- - - Updated - - -

actually that might make a lot of sense. but oh well wasnt trying to start a full wifom discussion especially not regarding topics youve already discussed, just had some concerns

hm yes that is definitely a possibility

- - - Updated - - -

actually that might make a lot of sense. but oh well wasnt trying to start a full wifom discussion especially not regarding topics youve already discussed, just had some concerns
    Everything we have is WIFOM really, but I encourage discussion since really we are going to try and lynch robo at this point. May as well use the time to hash things out

- - - Updated - - -

he could of possibly only got sum info on thanos not all info tho
    I considered this too. But I specifically had gone back to read my questions. I know the question had no modifier and was basically "tell me what special abilities thanos has"

It didn't say some or anything like that. But yes, it all depends what the mod determines a "special power" is.

i am sure this has already been said, but whenever a town loses a stone they should state it here and tell what the stone does

- - - Updated - - -

unless i am missing something?

no revealing if you lost or dont have a stone puts targets on other ppls backs that are town it would be easyier for scum to target others

- - - Updated - - -

learning about stone abuilitys would be the only reason to reveal you had a stone

i know grae got wrecked so savagely

no revealing if you lost or dont have a stone puts targets on other ppls backs that are town it would be easyier for scum to target others
    not necessarily as someone who lost a stone might have stolen one, scum might have stolen and so on

i think its better to reveal assuming we do not know what the stone does yet

i am sure this has already been said, but whenever a town loses a stone they should state it here and tell what the stone does

- - - Updated - - -

unless i am missing something?
    Generally I am of the opinion that we should not be saying we lost a stone. It tells the scum who they don't need to bother targeting that night. I am currently trying to parse the possibilities of telling people our OLDER status, to compare notes... IE: Letting people know on D3 what actions were taken on N1 -- It's a complicated set of events though, and I'm not sure yet that it wouldn't just cause more confusion...
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Generally I am of the opinion that we should not be saying we lost a stone. It tells the scum who they don't need to bother targeting that night. I am currently trying to parse the possibilities of telling people our OLDER status, to compare notes... IE: Letting people know on D3 what actions were taken on N1 -- It's a complicated set of events though, and I'm not sure yet that it wouldn't just cause more confusion...
    on the other hand it also tells town who to take from

on the other hand it also tells town who to take from
    except they may not get it. Thanos or the scum might.