i dont know i dont feel too strongly about this, but i believe it is better to reveal especially if we do not know what the stone does but if you have already reached a consensus then thats all good and i wont argue about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    except they may not get it. Thanos or the scum might.
    yes but that is also the case if not revealed, you seemed to suggest revealing it would only benefit scum and i disagree with that

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    i dont know i dont feel too strongly about this, but i believe it is better to reveal especially if we do not know what the stone does but if you have already reached a consensus then thats all good and i wont argue about it

- - - Updated - - -

yes but that is also the case if not revealed, you seemed to suggest revealing it would only benefit scum and i disagree with that
    Info is absolutely important. See: Cereal. I think he was in the right to bring that forward. Learning what we did was far more valuable than people knowing trying to steal from him tonight is pointless. But I don't think it's a good idea for people to just pop up and admit they have nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    Others not mentioned need to post more, I feel great parking on Val atm
    i noticed you asked me earlier you vote on val for calling him out (my vote was already at him at that point), but just out of curiousity, do you have an actual scum read on him or did you vote on him for the same reason as me? to clarify i voted on val because based on the little i had read of day 1 and day 2 he just kept talking about useless stuff that was irrelevant to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    Similar reasons, after fluffing all of D1, whenever it was time to offer game-related opinions in D2, he would revert back to fluff

he also had a weird moment, where he wanted attention on him rather than on you, I can't remember exactly what it was, but it made no sense and he didn't clarify
    Yeah it still makes no sense. It was "Why do you think Dupti will give you more info than me" in regards to a lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Info is absolutely important. See: Cereal. I think he was in the right to bring that forward. Learning what we did was far more valuable than people knowing trying to steal from him tonight is pointless. But I don't think it's a good idea for people to just pop up and admit they have nothing.
    I agree that people should not just up and admit they got a stone stolen or they have none. But to Dupti's point, I think if someone loses a stone it would a benefit to the town to know what stone that is and it's abilities to know what to expect and prepare for, if that stone has not been revealed.

No one should be admitting they lost the reality stone. Mind Stone is fine if the information gained from it was actually useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Clarification: No one should admit they lost the reality stone going forward, as we already know to prepare for that.
    @dupti: I know you have talked about it, but could you, to the best of your knowledge write the abilities the reality stone had? I was confused on one point

- - - Updated - - -

More to the point: You stated you know you were attacked last night. What gave you that knowledge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh fuck me another 10+ pages to read. Whats the current hot topic? (Going to reread).

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    @dupti: I know you have talked about it, but could you, to the best of your knowledge write the abilities the reality stone had? I was confused on one point

- - - Updated - - -

More to the point: You stated you know you were attacked last night. What gave you that knowledge?
    honestly the more i am asked about it the more i am unsure as to whether the reality stone had 2 abilities but i am 99.9% sure it did not

so the only ability i believe it had was the redirection. basically make a player target someone else. an example would be i could force you to target crackleslap and you would then do whatever action you were doing that night to crackleslap instead

as for the knowing i was attacked i am specifically told if i was attacked. it also specifically says i will survive one attack attempt and the wording is interesting as it kind of leads me to believe there might be more attacks around or scum has a way of attacking multiple times on the same night. it could also just be there to mislead but something to keep an eye on

honestly the more i am asked about it the more i am unsure as to whether the reality stone had 2 abilities but i am 99.9% sure it did not

so the only ability i believe it had was the redirection. basically make a player target someone else. an example would be i could force you to target crackleslap and you would then do whatever action you were doing that night to crackleslap instead

as for the knowing i was attacked i am specifically told if i was attacked. it also specifically says i will survive one attack attempt and the wording is interesting as it kind of leads me to believe there might be more attacks around or scum has a way of attacking multiple times on the same night. it could also just be there to mislead but something to keep an eye on
    That is really interesting because that means there are TPR type roles around and everyone is not just a VT.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Clawsout on page 52 of my reread, a few pages before that you mentioned you didnt want to vote on a character claim. Why would that give anyone credit? We know the theme, not character setup. Ffs Iron Man could be mafia or mafia more than likely have fake claims if they're just Thanos minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    @Clawsout on page 52 of my reread, a few pages before that you mentioned you didnt want to vote on a character claim. Why would that give anyone credit? We know the theme, not character setup. Ffs Iron Man could be mafia or mafia more than likely have fake claims if they're just Thanos minions.
    Theres 76 avengers alone most likely any avenger is town its possible any1 claiming avenger could be scum or town so how would that info help plus then if we claim scum could just wait see who's not said or if a town did that and claims one already said could potentially get mislynched if ppl wanna mass claim I think its dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    And the more the game progresses - the more certain I am fake claims exist. Because right now I have about half the player base with either hard or soft claims, and I find it extremely unlikely that all the scum are hiding in the remaining unknowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

i am a bit torn on the character claims, but will get back to this when we get some more flips

the only thing id say is i slightly trust bwonsamdis claim mainly because she said she was the avengers and then town, because my alignment says the avengers as well and then town in parentheses but yeah lets get back to this when we have some more information

- - - Updated - - -

fake claims are a possibility - especially if the setup is straight forward in terms of the avengers being town etc. In that case i could definitely at least imagine thanos getting a fake claim

- - - Updated - - -

but i believe it is best to get back to this when we get some actual information

Honestly the best thing on a mislynch (not that we want that) best scenario tho is we get a claim that someone already claimed like a dummy and then obv they are scum and we know who to lynch next

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Honestly the best thing on a mislynch (not that we want that) best scenario tho is we get a claim that someone already claimed like a dummy and then obv they are scum and we know who to lynch next
    I am still thinking the rolecard will be revealed on death, but that may not be so.

- - - Updated - - -

the only thing id say is i slightly trust bwonsamdis claim mainly because she said she was the avengers and then town, because my alignment says the avengers as well and then town in parentheses but yeah lets get back to this when we have some more information
    One thing I want to point out is that this is why I asked exactly what her alignment was and it did match. However, one of Graeham's posts earlier made it clear what the format of the alignment was. He didn't say the faction but had written <faction> (Town)

It could have been easy to assume at that point. Also, another person had said the same thing prior to Bwonsamdi.

oh i see, actually thanks for pointing that out thats pretty important unsure as to why graeham revealed that to be honest but oh well

- - - Updated - - -

but to be fair it would be shitty to catch people with that, just thought it was slightly townie of her to put it like that initially

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Theres 76 avengers alone most likely any avenger is town its possible any1 claiming avenger could be scum or town so how would that info help plus then if we claim scum could just wait see who's not said or if a town did that and claims one already said could potentially get mislynched if ppl wanna mass claim I think its dumb
    So far, every single person who has claimed, has been in the movie one way or the other.

I would think that most of them will be. We just do not necessarily know what faction they belong to.

but to be fair it would be shitty to catch people with that
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    In what way?
    as in it would have been shitty of me to try to catch people by them not accurately quoting the way their rolecard was set up

but to be fair it would be shitty to catch people with that, just thought it was slightly townie of her to put it like that initially
    I will gladly use trickery to find out information. It is the name of the game

It was also tried against Clarinet too. He "passed" that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I will gladly use trickery to find out information. It is the name of the game

It was also tried against Clarinet too. He "passed" that one as well.
    i am not a fan of it as i dont think it really has anything to do with the actual game and i think its a cheap way to get townread as it is usually an oversight from mods making it that easy to be townread, but on the other hand i obviously can't just ignore if i see players either acknowledging it or seemingly not having any clue about it

Scum are going to use every possible trick in the book in order to get ahead, though. Town should absolutely try to do the same if and when possible.