Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wonder why the bad batch used the stun setting instead of other one when they were found out.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I think the meandering story shows 2 things it wants to show very well: that's the state of the galaxy and what's going on (so... worldbuilding, I guess ) through the eyes of the Bad Batch and also their own aimlessness after the Clone Wars. They don't know what to do with themselves and expressed as much in the first episodes so... they just do whatever job that is thrown their way and make use of their skills. Hunter clearly feels a bit helpless about day to day life and how to handle the situation overall. I think we still need one or two episodes where something happens that changes this and galvanizes the group for a new purpose apart from "survival".

One thing I consistently love is the music at the end-credits. I don't even know what exactly I find so great about it, it's kind of a classic Star Wars music, but it has something that just makes me happy every time I hear it ^^ (And it's not that the episode is over! )
    A meandering story can work, but they don't go full into the meandering with an overarching story in the background. They seem to straddle a meandering story with trying to stay on a straight story line too.

I am fine with a meandering story. I am fine with a straight story. I am just annoyed this show hasn't decided which it wants to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I kinda wonder why the bad batch used the stun setting instead of other one when they were found out.
    Most obvious answer is that they were fighting fellow clones. And they still see clones as their brothers. So they would want to limit deaths to their brothers..
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    A meandering story can work, but they don't go full into the meandering with an overarching story in the background. They seem to straddle a meandering story with trying to stay on a straight story line too.

I am fine with a meandering story. I am fine with a straight story. I am just annoyed this show hasn't decided which it wants to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Most obvious answer is that they were fighting fellow clones. And they still see clones as their brothers. So they would want to limit deaths to their brothers..
    I don't know, maybe because I don't actually think that there is an overarching storyline apart from it being Star Wars. The Star Wars storyline goes the way it goes and we sometimes get shown a bit of it, as far as it concerns the Bad Batch itself, but for the Bad Batch there's no overarching storyline (yet) apart from survival.

They still see the clones as their brothers and know they're not doing this by choice but because of a chip implanted in their brain.

Today’s episode was so good! I really loved it, it was so good to see old characters again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Today’s episode was so good! I really loved it, it was so good to see old characters again!
    I wonder if we gona see execution in new episode. The mother part.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was a good episode ... I just don't understand why it is a Bad Batch episode.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good episode ... I just don't understand why it is a Bad Batch episode.
    Maybe the next episode will be a save X person again?

Well they showed why, we briefly saw them! I think it's in line with the tradition of Clone Wars which also had a few episodes that were focusing on side characters.
    It's a cool way to explore beloved characters' past (and I think Hera qualifies for that).

Also since we'll probably see Hera in Rangers of the New Republic and Omega might be brought up in one of those shows, they woul have to establish the connexion between these characters beforehand.

I had fun anyway, I hope we get a few more of these episodes not strictly focusing on the Bad Batch squad ! Not too many of them but just enough!

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see more and more of ahsaka tano she's my star wars dream babe.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they showed why, we briefly saw them! I think it's in line with the tradition of Clone Wars which also had a few episodes that were focusing on side characters.
    It's a cool way to explore beloved characters' past (and I think Hera qualifies for that).

Also since we'll probably see Hera in Rangers of the New Republic and Omega might be brought up in one of those shows, they woul have to establish the connexion between these characters beforehand.

I had fun anyway, I hope we get a few more of these episodes not strictly focusing on the Bad Batch squad ! Not too many of them but just enough!
    Yeah, but it is called The Bad Batch. The Clone Wars is called the Clone Wars, not Anakin, Obi-wan, and Ahsoka's Wild Ride.
    It would be like the Mandalorian devoting an episode to what the X-Wing Pilots were doing prior to them encountering the Mandalorian in Episode 2 of Season 2.
    –The Sith Code

I had a similar impression.

Yeah, Iiked it. Animation was killer. Plot was decent. Pacing was great. Had a killer Star Wars vibe.

..but it felt like Rebels flash back.

I have no doubt it will fold into the seasonal story arc well enough but when you look at it stand alone it's a little funky for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I had a similar impression.

Yeah, Iiked it. Animation was killer. Plot was decent. Pacing was great. Had a killer Star Wars vibe.

..but it felt like Rebels flash back.

I have no doubt it will fold into the seasonal story arc well enough but when you look at it stand alone it's a little funky for sure.
    I 100% agree.

Filoni always has reasons for his episodes. Things that look like filler can have callbacks later and having that information is all the better.
    It is just right now it is like "Hey this is odd."
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Hera's accent was different..

N I thought they would be more surprised at seeing clones (bad batch) n suspect a set up..

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hera's accent was different..
    It's her natural accent. She uses it in Rebels when she goes back to Ryloth.

This kind of thing always makes the galaxy seem smaller, but I was glad to see some backstory for Hera. She was my favourite character in Rebels, so I'm not going to complain about it too much.

Its usually done to test the waters for starting a new series.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I been saving this up, but I feel the dam breaking… how many episodes are left in s1?
    16 episodes in season 1, so five more episodes

5+ Year Old Account
    They are...just too used to taking orders..they should have not taken that mission, omega is too headstrong she could get them all killed...

i liked seeing chopper but he could have fried those two troopers earlier but lucasfilm wanted an excuse to have hera fly n its annoying that she is never confronted/blamed for dragging people into a new war..that imperial officer what a moron..escalates to stop escalation?

Not the best episode..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-07-16 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They are...just too used to taking orders..they should have not taken that mission, omega is too headstrong she could get them all killed...

i liked seeing chopper but he could have fried those two troopers earlier but lucasfilm wanted an excuse to have hera fly n its annoying that she is never confronted/blamed for dragging people into a new war..that imperial officer what a moron..escalates to stop escalation?

Not the best episode..
    This is how empire works. They dont give a shit. They just lock people up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how empire works. They dont give a shit. They just lock people up.
    Not to mention IIRC the plan was to enslave the populace to begin with anyways. The refineries were guarded by turbolasers, not something that a civilian facility would need unless they expected people wanting OUT of the facility itself.

Rampart was literally staging false pretenses to justify arresting civilians to use in labor camps.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol