15+ Year Old Account

Horde Herbing in Shadowlands zones

Hi all, is anyone else finding herbing (possibly mining too) to be a real pain in Shadowlands? What i mean primarily is, the over abundance of deathblossom and the absolute lack of zone exclusive herbs. Been herbing for absolutely ages past few days and i have like 6 times as many deathblossom than any other herb. In ardenweald and Revendreath it feels worse, not sure if its becasue of the lay of the land with all the ups and downs but thats a moan for a different forum lol. Just finding it really annoying and wondering if i was the only one feeling this. I want to get more zone exclusive herbs and im not exagerating when i say its around a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio in favour of deathblossom
    Last edited by ryan1mcq; 2020-12-20 at 06:26 PM.

I did not level achlemie very high yet, but most recipes I see need deathblossoms.. In addition to health/mana pots + oils, which you gonna use many times.
    Buuut, I feel like its almost 1:1 tho. I did not sell more deathblossoms than other herbs.

Same with the profession quests, all of them give the rubbish base materials, even if you harvest the super special zone exclusive herb for it. Not sure what Blizzard intended to do here..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Yes, Widowbloom and Marrowroot are a pain in the ass. The other 2 are all over the place though.

the only issue I've had is when herbs phase out, but I will give you the over abundance of death blossom. I ended up with 100 of that before I had 20 of what I actually needed.

Only issue I see is that there are still multiboxers that are obviously using key relaying software to play 10 chars simultanoisly.

Other than that there are some nice, fast respawn areas for widowbloom, making it a boring, but reliable farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    level up while mindlessly herbing on an alt while watching something. preferably a tank for no daze effect
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

so why do you spend all your ingame time on herbing, i wonder?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    so why do you spend all your ingame time on herbing, i wonder?
    He never stated he spent all his time in-game on herbing, just that some herbs are all over the place and some more scarce which they are.

Better question is why do you obsess over using big font sizes in your posts everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    Hi all, is anyone else finding herbing (possibly mining too) to be a real pain in Shadowlands? What i mean primarily is, the over abundance of deathblossom and the absolute lack of zone exclusive herbs. Been herbing for absolutely ages past few days and i have like 6 times as many deathblossom than any other herb. In ardenweald and Revendreath it feels worse, not sure if its becasue of the lay of the land with all the ups and downs but thats a moan for a different forum lol. Just finding it really annoying and wondering if i was the only one feeling this. I want to get more zone exclusive herbs and im not exagerating when i say its around a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio in favour of deathblossom
    Totally agree. Especially Revendreth is TERRIBLE. Not only are spawns rare/awkwardly spread, but way too many of them are Death Blossom, rather than the zone specific herb. Ardenweald is also annoying on this front. I don't mind Maldraxxus as much, because at least I can do a sort of circular route around the central arena. Bastion is, of course, pretty easy.

Profession world quests have also become things I basically don't give a fuck about. Always the same, low-quality ingredients that I already have 7 million of.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneto View Post
    He never stated he spent all his time in-game on herbing, just that some herbs are all over the place and some more scarce which they are.

Better question is why do you obsess over using big font sizes in your posts everywhere.
    posts get overlooked easily
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Bastion mining is absolute chore. You see a node in minimap and you have to circle the whole freaking zone to get to the slope that gets you to the cliff that is spawn for 10 aggressive foxes, larions, windserpents and those damn raptor birds. After fighting your way there its already gone or phases for some odd q that you are not on.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    posts get overlooked easily
    They get even more overlooked if people are fed up with unusual fonts and put you on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Bastion mining is absolute chore. You see a node in minimap and you have to circle the whole freaking zone to get to the slope that gets you to the cliff that is spawn for 10 aggressive foxes, larions, windserpents and those damn raptor birds. After fighting your way there its already gone or phases for some odd q that you are not on.
    Someone's job at Blizzard is to design the terrain puzzles for these things, going all the way back to WOD, because terrain puzzles are fun. Everyone enjoys terrain puzzles, right? Right guys?

I still don't understand why they don't remove the benefits to Druids, the most popular class that bots/multiboxers use, and sky golems, to loot a herb while mounted. But then at the end of the day they could just make potions not cost 5 herbs and create some herbs that have severe shortage compared to others. Even allowing you to turn herbs freely in for another herb, or there being a currency only people with herbing can obtain to buy them. SOMETHING, some sort of effort to make having something that so many raiders/m+ users use a ton of. All of this only CONTINUES to be an issue when they release a new patch with new herbs.

Why, as someone who herbs, should my thought be "Fuck it, I'll just by the raw mats and make the potions"? The conspiracy theory answer? WoW tokens.
    Last edited by La; 2021-01-02 at 10:23 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

what addon did you use to make the herbs glow and sparkle?

Death Blossom is far too common. At minimum I'd like the minimum amount of herbs gathered increased to four at max skill level. I don't actually farm Widow Bloom though, b/c Revendreth is AWFUL.

Daily Reminder: Check before listing. god damn assholes who post a 1-10 herbs at low price usually 50-75% under

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1mcq View Post
    You are the only one. You should have 4 x as many death blossoms than any other. You being unlucky means you are not the norm. Therefore you are the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I often find more rising glory than I do death blossom when I'm farming in the upper parts of Bastion. Maybe lucky?