Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Not broken? How about getting killed in one global out of stealth?

If I read this screenshot correctly, it was two active abilities. That means one global, because the second global caused by the second ability doesn't count, at that time my character was already dead. Oh, and how long is a Rogue global? One second.

This is from a duel, Rogue vs Monk, ilvl 195 (220 weapon) vs 190, 21% versa vs 19% versa (before PvP Trinket set effect).
    I don't know, maybe Rogues can tell if those numbers are normal or if there was some buff involved. Didn't check that.

I thought the triple sub rogue nerf should be enough... apparently and definitely not.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-12-21 at 11:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Then don't. Just do PVP and you'll get 3 chest reward options from the Great Vault. If doing 4 dungeons in an entire week for the occasional dungeon bonus week is too much for you then maybe Hello Kitty island Adventure is more up your alley.
    I've been playing WoW since before you were even born.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I've been playing WoW since before you were even born.
    You've been playing WoW for 25 years? That's impressive dude. The way you act shows you are closer to being about how old WoW is than I am.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-12-22 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    I get easily countered above 2.4k from players who know how to deal with rogues, even pre nerf. The problem is the average world quest cry baby
    So teams of 3 rogues in 2.4k+ in 3s were completely fine, right? You can pick a balanced class, take 3 copies, and get 2.4k+ with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    Not broken? How about getting killed in one global out of stealth?

If I read this screenshot correctly, it was two active abilities. That means one global, because the second global caused by the second ability doesn't count, at that time my character was already dead. Oh, and how long is a Rogue global? One second.

This is from a duel, Rogue vs Monk, ilvl 195 (220 weapon) vs 190, 21% versa vs 19% versa (before PvP Trinket set effect).
    I don't know, maybe Rogues can tell if those numbers are normal or if there was some buff involved. Didn't check that.

I thought the triple sub rogue nerf should be enough... apparently and definitely not.
    Take 1 zero off that shadowstrike and that's typical damage.

I think the main problem is the auto crit for 4s after breaking stealth legendary, which wasn't nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What the hell is going on?
    I truly feel like im in the movie "Idiocracy" or something.

How is this possible? Xaryu and Stoopz...2 youtubers i respected saying the rogue nerfs were too much.

Wha....how....why? Is this real life?

Examples:
    Youtubers make money off of clickbait "the sky is falling" type content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Take 1 zero off that shadowstrike and that's typical damage.

I think the main problem is the auto crit for 4s after breaking stealth legendary, which wasn't nerfed.
    One zero off, what does that mean? 1160 damage?
    I think it was the PvP talent Dagger in the Dark (on top of everything else), it can give Shadowstrike a 100% damage boost.

Imagine rogue being weak for ONE season :O After 20 years

This over nerf thing is bullshit, they should play other classes to make them feel how strong rogues are, 3 seconds one shot is no way balanced, i dont have respect for this streamers.

Thing is,

Most people don't really know what they are talking about when it comes to PvP. They just don't.

All they know is that they hate getting killed in the opener by a sub rogue during a cheapshot. And the feeling is quite awful, it feels like you can't counter play them. (Which isn't true btw)

So obviously "Nerf rogues" will pop on every forums.

It's easier to call for nerf, than to look for a solution and a way to play around them. And since this expansion has been getting TONS of media coverage, with the lockdown, they have A LOT of players playings. So most of these complains are from people who probably will quit in about a month. People who have no idea what is going on - All the time.

Another thing i'd like to point out, these Streamers like Xaryu and Stoopz, they want the PvP scene to be a healthy pvp environnement/community. So saying things like "Stoopz is a melee main" is kinda stupid. Get to know the guy, and you will see, he wants every class to be viable. Probably the same for Xaryu. These 2 streamers are extremely positive.

Thinking that pillars of the PvP community wants nerfs on the class they are NOT playing, and actually are "hypocrite" is fucking stupid.

I really hope Blizzard will stop listening to these cry babies, and start listening to people that really give a fuck about this game and PvP. People who know what they are talking about really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    You've been playing WoW for 25 years? That's impressive dude. The way you act shows you are closer to being about how old WoW is than I am.
    The way I act? Lol blown out of proportion a bit. I don't go around making snarky comments at people because they made a post on a forum. I reacted appropriately to you.

Nah getting bursted in cheapshot is classic kinda thing and its not healthy for the game in its current standards. What it seems is that sub is pooling all cds to a opening burst that has no difficulty to setup due to stealth. Thats like having a full rage warrior open up with reck that you cant see that its coming untill the charge has hit you.

So its either lose dps or lose control and blizz went with dps

Rogues deserved the nerf and I hope they get more nerfs, along with Paladins, WW Monks, MM Hunters and Balance druids. Also all of the healers in PvP.

If you defend 3 second burst combo to completely delete your opponent from existence then you are a massive retard and you have to be castrated.

/thread

Simple.

They want to be as overpowered as possible because it makes them look like better players when they play that class. If the class was disproportionally too strong when compared to others, it devalues their skills, and in effect their "clout" within the community. So when they come out and say, "rogues are fine, this nerf was too much", it's really just them saying, oh man, now we might need to be skilled to play. I can' get viewers just by blowing someone up.

And considering I'm ilvl 205, with a decent amount of vers, and 2 sub rogues can still kill me inside of 2 seconds, that class is still 100% broken and is without a doubt getting more nerfs very, very soon.

Respected youtubers. That's a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    And considering I'm ilvl 205, with a decent amount of vers, and 2 sub rogues can still kill me inside of 2 seconds, that class is still 100% broken and is without a doubt getting more nerfs very, very soon.
    Just wondering what happens if any two geared melee dps pop cd's on you and stun you? I bet you die insanely fast just like that. How do I know because that's exactly what happens to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fear View Post
    Just wondering what happens if any two geared melee dps pop cd's on you and stun you? I bet you die insanely fast just like that. How do I know because that's exactly what happens to me.
    Who said anything about the rogues being geared? I've looked folks up and seen them be at ilvl 168-190ish and still destroy me. Granted, I'm an unholy dk, but no other class blows me up like that. Not even rets. So no, that isn't the case with any other melee.

They play 3v3, and the game is supposed to be balanced around 3v3. Rogues are not exactly "bad" right now, but relatively weak and back where they were in BFA essentially stun-bots for a dps partner and needing to be played by an elite player to get top ratings, compared to meta classes that can be played by retards (balance druid). Pika's matches against vanguard's team is a good example, a rogue can outplay the other team several times and one mistake will cost the match. A class like paladin has so many outs they can make 5 big mistakes in a game and still cheese wins.

Ultimately rogues would be fine right now but other classes like druid, paladin, warrior, priest all needed equally big nerfs at the same time. It's healthier for 3v3 for rogue comps to be competitive since they are more exciting faster matches, people are worried we will slip back into BFA dampening cess fests when health pools get to 35k+ if the OP classes are not nerfed.

You really need to look at the tea leaves here with criticism. Ask yourself these two questions: How many of them play a rogue? How many them run a primary comp with a Rogue? It's NOT terribly wrong to say the nerf came too soon because Soul Binds are still being unlocked as well as situational Legos, but Rogues and MM Hunters were definitely on a different playing field at the start, no question.

Because people like winning.

They'll rationalize by saying something like "well we committed our resources to that spec already" or something, but it comes down to the simple fact that they want to win.

People who actually believe that winning doesn't matter as long as you enjoy yourself only exist in fiction.