Shadowlands Frost & Unholy DK PVP Guides!

(UPDATE: I made a DK Comp Tier List!)

IT'S HERE BOYS. Shadowlands S1 is underway, and it's absolutely ridiculous as most first seasons tend to be. Absurd burst, crazy mechanics, new one shots, wild setups, etc. Therefore I've been getting quite a few questions on how to perfectly set up your DK to join in on the fun, especially with the new borrowed power systems Shadowlands has introduced.

So, here is your one stop shop for DK PVP info: Covenants, soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, new runeforges, itemization, stat weights, abilities, talents, pvp talents...everything! Every one of these decisions is very impactful in DK Arena, 2s, 3s, and even RBGs so it should make you feel stronger with every additional choice.

Managed to push top 100 for a bit with some IRL friends of mine, we'll be pushing again soon. That glad mount is absolutely sick and we've got a bunch of wins for it under our belt, I hope this helps you get the same. I want all DKs to acquire the most beautiful mount ever made.

Much love,
    The florkarino

UPDATE: Shadowlands
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KFcvjPRdME

Frost:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pULhgJ2-OcU

Unholy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bjjrPduds
    Last edited by Flarkydoo; 2021-01-08 at 11:26 PM.

Now bear with me on this:

DK ally T9. Yes, I know it looked ridiculously stupid on every race... but it looks AWESOME on Worgen, makes you look like an Egyptian god or something. Then I'll just have to get some friends to help me run TOC a few times to get the off pieces I need to fill it out.

As for weapons, depends entirely on whether I'll be staying DW frost or going back to Unholy in 4.3, and what types of weapons I end up with after the first couple weeks of heroics and raids.

So is Frost 2h as well for pvp?

Thanks for the guide, I watched a bit and it seems very well made. Subbed to your channel. Two questions:

1. Can we please get it in text form? I realise you want to push your yt channel but I don't like watching videos for information that I could gain much faster by reading.

2. In the beginning where you talk about stat weights, you talk about haste being important for fitting rune spenders into the obliteration window. Do you happen to know the haste (soft) caps?

EDIT: I just saw you wrote the icy veins Frost Pvp guide so I guess I'll take that
    Last edited by Shadowroxxor; 2021-01-04 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Thanks for the guide, I watched a bit and it seems very well made. Subbed to your channel. Two questions:

1. Can we please get it in text form? I realise you want to push your yt channel but I don't like watching videos for information that I could gain much faster by reading.

2. In the beginning where you talk about stat weights, you talk about haste being important for fitting rune spenders into the obliteration window. Do you happen to know the haste (soft) caps?

EDIT: I just saw you wrote the icy veins Frost Pvp guide so I guess I'll take that
    YO thank you man. I do write the icy veins pvp guides for frost & unholy AND the wowhead guide for frost dk. so hopefully that helps!
    as for haste soft caps, there wouldn't be one. you have no idea the exact window you're trying to fit into. It's certainly not the window of pillar, because you're also battling against peels, roots, fears, escapes, etc

for example, in a situation where you're about to press obliterate and in the global he blinks, you lose an entire oblit. if you had slightly faster globals, and had got that off, it could be game changing. but who knows at what point (how many seconds into pillar) this would be. the soft cap can only be defined if you're taking an exact time variable, which you're not.

great stuff tho!

UH Guide: Don't play it.