Thread: Bonus rolls

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Raids and M+ mostly.
    M+, not so much anymore becuase why bother?
    I also do quests sometimes.

    Be more specific. What level of raiding and M+ are we talking? Quite important to be detailed when we are talking about a reward structure.

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dirty Jerz
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post
    Now that people have been able to clear CN at least twice (more if you play multiple difficulties), can we agree that this was a bad idea?

    I just ran all of CN and got ONE item, which of course, was an item I already had. That plus the bad itemization overall in CN, makes it feels like the time spent raiding is sorta wasted.

    I fear that despite Castle Nathria being a good raid with fun bosses and a nice aesthetic, players will become frustrated with the raid simply because of the lacklusterness in character progression.
    You guys really have to figure out what side of the gearing fence you want to sit on. In BFA it was too much. Now after only a couple weeks of the raid being open you’re upset your character isn’t fully kitted out.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I also do quests sometimes.

    Be more specific. What level of raiding and M+ are we talking? Quite important to be detailed when we are talking about a reward structure.
    I do my +14 but now thats just once a week.
    The dungeons themselves are just a waste of time. I find that a bit sad though. I used to quite like them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not a badly designed expansion, it just needs some extra bad luck protection in raid drops.
    So yeah, more rewards.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    You guys really have to figure out what side of the gearing fence you want to sit on. In BFA it was too much. Now after only a couple weeks of the raid being open you’re upset your character isn’t fully kitted out.
    Almost like it isn't black or white.

    Almost like the biggest issue with gearing in BfA was the fact that even if you got loot, you still had to keep farming for more to get it to Titanforge.

    Almost like you're just building up a strawman of a single hivemind that holds two contradictory views in order to score a cheap 'gotcha' on a group of people that either doesn't exist or is neglibly tiny.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You always got items at the end of the week and even so, the vault will take you some 20+ weeks for a full set of gear, if you're lucky.
    The point is, there is not enough reward for the very little content Shadowlands actually has.

    It's unfinnished and poorly thought out.
    You can be swimming in gear if you want, there is plenty chances to get loot, time a run 2 items will drop so make a run where a few others wear the same gear and in 5-6 mythic plus everyone in the group will have at least 2 items, gear should not be easy to get if you dont at least put in some effort, raid drops 30 items per week, it doesnt matter how long it takes to get geared anyway as it is only a means to make content easier thats it plain and simple.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  6. #106
    I never had a problem with BFA gearing. I remember getting atleast 1 drop every other run. Heck, I could go backwards in hopes of a rare chance of a forge.

    Now, I run places on heroic like 10 times because mythic gives me diddly. Even feel dumber because they give me as good, if not better gear, with my honor. What was the point of heroics and mythics?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You can be swimming in gear if you want, there is plenty chances to get loot, time a run 2 items will drop so make a run where a few others wear the same gear and in 5-6 mythic plus everyone in the group will have at least 2 items, gear should not be easy to get if you dont at least put in some effort, raid drops 30 items per week, it doesnt matter how long it takes to get geared anyway as it is only a means to make content easier thats it plain and simple.
    What are you talking about? Why Would I want gear from mythic +?
    It does matter how long it takes to get gear. Getting better gear is the main reward for doing content in WoW. When you are no lonfger rewarded then content becomes pointless or just not fun.

    Shadowlands is just not fun.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What are you talking about? Why Would I want gear from mythic +?
    It does matter how long it takes to get gear. Getting better gear is the main reward for doing content in WoW. When you are no lonfger rewarded then content becomes pointless or just not fun.

    Shadowlands is just not fun.
    It's also a problem with Torghast. You go through your weekly chore hoping you get good anima RNG.. for what? Soul Ash. But otherwards, there's little it offers if you're not a pet collector. That in turn just makes it not fun to plod through for a lot of people.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What are you talking about? Why Would I want gear from mythic +?
    It does matter how long it takes to get gear. Getting better gear is the main reward for doing content in WoW. When you are no lonfger rewarded then content becomes pointless or just not fun.

    Shadowlands is just not fun.
    There is plenty ways to get gear, also WoW has always been something where you were not guaranteed to get anything let alone an upgrade and the gameplay loops are still the same, if your not doing mythic plus or even raiding then you have even less chance to get loot and thats your choice.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post
    Now that people have been able to clear CN at least twice (more if you play multiple difficulties), can we agree that this was a bad idea?

    I just ran all of CN and got ONE item, which of course, was an item I already had. That plus the bad itemization overall in CN, makes it feels like the time spent raiding is sorta wasted.

    I fear that despite Castle Nathria being a good raid with fun bosses and a nice aesthetic, players will become frustrated with the raid simply because of the lacklusterness in character progression.
    I feel like the raid is too hard when comparing what you get out of it. I feel like you should be getting a much higher ilv piece from it to compare with the m+ or pvp rewards. This is not related to bonus rolls at all though.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post
    Now that people have been able to clear CN at least twice (more if you play multiple difficulties), can we agree that this was a bad idea?

    I just ran all of CN and got ONE item, which of course, was an item I already had. That plus the bad itemization overall in CN, makes it feels like the time spent raiding is sorta wasted.

    I fear that despite Castle Nathria being a good raid with fun bosses and a nice aesthetic, players will become frustrated with the raid simply because of the lacklusterness in character progression.
    It’s just about getting used to it and set expectations. Currently you think it’s unacceptable that you only get 1 item from a raid clear but that’s because you are used to be showered in gear. The scarcity of gear is complete fine and players just need to accept that’s how it is. If it filters out all the toxic loot h*rs then it’s just a bonus.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I feel like the raid is too hard when comparing what you get out of it. I feel like you should be getting a much higher ilv piece from it to compare with the m+ or pvp rewards. This is not related to bonus rolls at all though.
    Its still going to take you just as long to clear content even if you are showered with loot so it doesnt matter at all if you get geared up slowly or fast
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its supposed to take a few months to gear up properly, previous expansions just handed you loot left and right and it just makes things boring
    its idiotic idea though

    people who care clear both difficulties at 190-195 - and then what ? then they can unsub because nobody sane will go through this week after week for no reward.

    they would have to be extreme masochists to do it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What are you talking about? Why Would I want gear from mythic +?
    It does matter how long it takes to get gear. Getting better gear is the main reward for doing content in WoW. When you are no lonfger rewarded then content becomes pointless or just not fun.

    Shadowlands is just not fun
    .
    and this is the main sin of SL.

    even WoD feels better then SL - because it at least rewarded your efforts in raids. SL doesnt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Almost like it isn't black or white.

    Almost like the biggest issue with gearing in BfA was the fact that even if you got loot, you still had to keep farming for more to get it to Titanforge.

    Almost like you're just building up a strawman of a single hivemind that holds two contradictory views in order to score a cheap 'gotcha' on a group of people that either doesn't exist or is neglibly tiny.
    you didnt.

    nobody sane farmed TF in BfA.

    it must have taken special kind of OCD to do so .

    i literaly dont know even a single person in game who would actively farm TF.

    only place where such people exist is this forums.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    You guys really have to figure out what side of the gearing fence you want to sit on. In BFA it was too much. Now after only a couple weeks of the raid being open you’re upset your character isn’t fully kitted out.
    its easy - BfA has vastly supperior gearing model.

    end of story .

    SL is unfun garbage.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yet people love classic and the raid drops over there, hmmmm. I say it's less a problem about Shadowlands, but more of the illusion of a problem created by the over abundance of gear being shoved down our throats for the past few years (which was the real problem all along imo).

    And if one acts like a schmuck to me he/she shall be treated like a schmuck. If the tone changes so will mine
    Because classic end-content difficulty is not even close to what we have now. So it doesn't matter how poor your gear is, you can still clear everything as opposed to shit we have now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You are being rewarded for the content you do, but you should still never get so much loot you dont know what to do with it, gear should never be the main reason for playing, gear is just a means to make content easier.
    No. Gear enables you to do the content, not makes it easier. What you said may have been true in Classic, TBC and maybe wotlk, cata an onwards? No.
    Now? Not even remotely close.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't like the new system at all.

    I have not found a single piece of gear in CN normal, and just one in raid finder (sidegrade).
    Weekly chest gave me an item for a slot where I already had a legendary.

    I have raised my equip by maybe 2 ilvl in the course of the week and I still have rare quality bracers. I used to be very involved with gearing and staying ahead of the curve, but now, not anymore. What is the point in that? My shitty ilvl is a mix of me finding the same slot all the time and of me not finding any loot at all. I could skew the ratio a bit in my favour if I played for ten hours a day, as to have more and more chances at getting loot, but that's not really a solution.

    I lost my drive to gear up, something I usually lost after decking out in at least heroic raid gear. It is just not worth the hassle. If loot comes my way by raiding with the guild, that's fine. If loot doesn't come because of a weird ass system where the game decides that my efforts must be repayed with 35 anima, that's also fine. Not worth stressing over it.
    Bro if you're not able to get a piece of gear from your weekly chest that is an upgrade then you're doing something wrong. Did you only kill one raid boss and do 0 mythic+ or something? If that's the case then why are you even surprised you're not able to get better gear?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Bro if you're not able to get a piece of gear from your weekly chest that is an upgrade then you're doing something wrong. Did you only kill one raid boss and do 0 mythic+ or something? If that's the case then why are you even surprised you're not able to get better gear?
    And what do you expect from normal players? To have fully decked weekly bingo lottery? No, they only get 2-4 lottery tickets. That is the reality.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > SL > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  17. #117
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,855
    Nope, I do not agree that loot raining from everywhere but only a few pieces being useful and it being considered absolute shite tier if not titanforged, was a better idea. I'll take fewer pieces where an upgrade is actually an upgrade, thanks.

    But then I don't play for the gear, I view it as a tool, not the goal.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Current count of Full/High pop WoW servers: 85 in EU alone. That's an increase from the last count.

  18. #118
    Mechagnome Ilyiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Adrestian Empire
    Posts
    734
    i don't miss bonus rolls at all. the one time i rolled a bis item off of them each tier, i was excited, but every other bonus roll felt awful to use. I liked the incarnation in pandaria, and even then was a stretch. don't miss em in the slightest.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...lganis/ilyiana
    Professional glass cannon since 2004.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because classic end-content difficulty is not even close to what we have now. So it doesn't matter how poor your gear is, you can still clear everything as opposed to shit we have now.
    .
    Yeah because THAT'S the reason people have hailed Vanilla wow as the be all end all of mmorpg design and the epitome of gaming

    Damn goalposts are in another state at this point goodness me.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No. Gear enables you to do the content, not makes it easier. What you said may have been true in Classic, TBC and maybe wotlk, cata an onwards? No.
    Now? Not even remotely close.
    No it makes content easier, as the content is meant to be done in lower gear than it rewards as mythic raids could not be completed in anything less than 226/233 itemlevel otherwise and heroic and normal raids can be done in much less gear as proven right now since they are cleared all the time in less than 200 ilvl easy.

    Its very easy to get gear if you put in some effort.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-12-27 at 01:31 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •