Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    yea when i say this show sucks i forget that its a kid show on disney aimed at 12 year olds. There is a reason the slow car chase looks like lazy town or whatever.

"Star Wars is for kids"

- George Lucas.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I was really glad for the second episode because of all the world building we got with the sand people. This third episode though... I dunno. He looks like boba Fett. But he doesn't really act like him. Boba Fett is kinda an asshole. He's the kind of guy that would sell out innocent people to the Empire for credits. This guy seems way too reasonable to be Boba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I was really glad for the second episode because of all the world building we got with the sand people. This third episode though... I dunno. He looks like boba Fett. But he doesn't really act like him. Boba Fett is kinda an asshole. He's the kind of guy that would sell out innocent people to the Empire for credits. This guy seems way too reasonable to be Boba.
    Did you watch the entire episode? He directly makes a call back working with Vader and how he feels about. It's consistent with how they portrayed him, even with young Bona Fett when he was a little shit.

He isn't some paragon of good or evil. Doesn't try to be even though he leans on the side of good. Most bounty hunters in the canon are. Even Mando until he became attached to Grogu. You take the job, you do the job. The morals of your employer are not yours. Boba Fett doesn't kill Super Saiyan Chewbacca Black because Boba's 'codr' when he was a bounty hunter.

I'm blanking on a the name of a similar character. I've people on other places say Robin Hood, which Fett definitely isn't.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The low speed is due to the environment. They can’t go faster unless they all want to crash into shit and die. Speeders don’t exactly turn on a dime.
    I suppose. I mean, with the way it's shot, it looks like I can ice skate faster than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Imagine spending hours crying about the fact that the costumes some swoop bikers were wearing…looked too colourful. Fucking hell.
    The costumes were fine, I don't see many people here complaining about their colors.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then there is the desert environment that impacts ur vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The costumes were fine, I don't see many people here complaining about their colors.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Are people complaining about how colourful the speeders are? My bad! That's so much more important.

Damn, there's people here actually defending that mod-scooter gang and that atrocious chase?

Everything about them is just ridiculous. They feel like they're from a completely different show - half power rangers, half West Side Story. Even that neon street gang from Batman Forever seemed more credible and intimidating.

Even more stupid is that Boba has hired them as his new security, and that this gang of teens is meant to intimidate people?

Maybe I could defend them if the action was good at least, but the chase was just BAD. Spy Kids race was more convincing then this one -

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

People are entitled to enjoy whatever they want. You throwing a tantrum won't change that.

I didn't even like the chase sequence, since it served little story purpose. But if someone enjoyed it, good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm just going to call the group bikers. Difference between their speeders vs the podracers color wise is that they washed them.
    They washed their speeders, when a notable plot point of the episode (and Tatooine's current state in general) is that a week's water ration costs a months wages, and not only is that highway robbery but these kids are also unemployed and couldn't afford a small amount of water to drink without stealing it.

I feel like when water is this scarce, there wouldn't be a mod subculture meticulously cleaning and maintaining vespas. The water scarcity is a primary theme of the show

Oh, I'm sorry. Are people complaining about how colourful the speeders are? My bad! That's so much more important.
    Complaints don't have to be important to be expressed, just like how you're making a fuss over this even though it's not important. Is it really that important to you either to have to complain? I didn't think so.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-14 at 04:48 PM.

Complaints don't have to be important to be expressed, just like how you're making a fuss over this even though it's not important. Is it really that important to you either to have to complain? I didn't think so.
    People can express whatever the fuck they like. But that doesn't mean it's not stupid as fuck to do so.

People can express whatever the fuck they like. But that doesn't mean it's not stupid as fuck to do so.
    Just like how stupid it is to be complaining about complaints like you're doing, right?

It's like you're reacting over anyone who didn't like the speeders or the chase scene as if they pissed on your cheerios. Not quite sure why you're so sensitive over it. You even said it above, if people liked the chase scene, good for them. Well, same applies to people who didn't like the chase scene. Good for them. Not quite sure why you have such a problem with anyone expressing opinions that you think are stupid as fuck, cuz complaining about them isn't making you look any better than anyone else.

If you're gonna talk about people saying things that are stupid as fuck, probably best not be doing that exact thing when making your point.
    People come to forums to complain. Not quite sure why you'd think it's stupid as fuck, you've been here for 7 years now.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-14 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    In this sub-forum especially, that's all quite a few people do lol
    And this is my point. 'Nyaah the swoops are too clean!' 'Nyaah, Boba isn't mean enough!' You wonder why they're even watching.

Sounds like a party...can I join in? Haven't seen the show yet but at this point...

And this is my point. 'Nyaah the swoops are too clean!' 'Nyaah, Boba isn't mean enough!' You wonder why they're even watching.
    You realize you're still complaining, right?

Like, I'm really not sure if that's lost on you or what.

You realize you're still complaining, right?

Like, I'm really not sure if that's lost on you or what.
    I'm not complaining though. I'm observing something that is happening.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's stupid. I don't think it's unacceptable. I don't even want them to stop.

I was quite clear that people are actually welcome to do it. I just find it hilariously dumb that people will waste time doing it.

I'm not complaining though. I'm observing something that is happening.
    You're absolutely complaining

That you don't think you're complaining doesn't mean you aren't. You're doing the exact thing you are criticizing others for, and not even realizing or admitting to yourself that you are. That's the odd thing about all your statements, since you think it's stupid as fuck, and say shit like 'how can people spend hours complaining about X' while you're doing that exact thing.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's stupid. I don't think it's unacceptable. I don't even want them to stop.

I was quite clear that people are actually welcome to do it. I just find it hilariously dumb that people will waste time doing it.
    Literally pot calling kettle black here, dude.

Like, I'm not opposed to complaints; at all. I just find it odd that you don't recognize your own actions as complaining.

Like I said, people come to forums to complain. That's why we're all here. That you seem to have a particular thing about people complaining being stupid is just an odd thing to say, since that's pretty much what any of us here are doing. Like, if you think complaining about dumb stuff is a waste of time, then you do realize you've spent hours and possibly days here complaining about dumb stuff, wasting your time as well right? Again, I'm in full realization that I'm doing this as well, and that's my purpose here just as anyone else. I just don't see why you somehow think this doesn't apply to you.

It's like:

*Makes an observation of others wasting time on complaining in an internet forum*
    *while wasting time complaining in an internet forum*
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-14 at 06:05 PM.

It's a legitimate thing to complain about. IMO They're so bad and "alien" to the Star Wars world that they break you out of it whenever you see them. Also, it's hard for Boba Fett to look bad-ass when he's getting flanked by these brightly coloured rejects.

People come to forums to complain.
    People also come to express how much they love something. (The Spider-man thread isn't too negative as an example). If it seems like a lot of people are complaining here, it's probably because a lot of people feel they have things to complains about.

Because I'm a Star Wars fan but I expect it to at least be competently written, with character motivations, themes, plot, and great effects and I'm still hoping they'll be able to turn this around and redeem the trash first episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sounds like a party...can I join in? Haven't seen the show yet but at this point...
    I really just wouldn't bother at this point. Watch them all together at the end and hopefully the last few episodes will be better. (Jeez we almost half way through this season already?)

I'll post a complete run down in spoilers for you so you can catch up -

Boba Fett: "I've decided I want to be Daimyo.. for some reason.. I don't know why I want to, but.. maybe that will be revealed later. Rather than run my criminal empire with crime, I'm going to run it with respect.
    Fennec Shand: "What does a Daimyo even do?
    Boba Fett: "I don't know.. I think I just sit around here or in a becta tank and wait for people to bring me tributes?

*Assasin attacks
    Mayor: Ah, Sorry about that. I'm not really in charge. The person in charge is... the twins!

*Assasin attacks
    Twins: Ah, Sorry about that. I'm not really in charge. The person in charge is... fish people! Also, here's a rancor and Danny Trejo for some reason.

Boba Fett: Hmmm I need some more people to help protect me. Some ruthless new badass warriors to strike fear into my enemies. Ah.. there's a group of youths hanging outside McDonalds on their mopeds. Seems like a great choice.

Meanwhile in flashbacks:
    Boba Fett: These Sandpeople are SO NOBLE, And honourable! They are noble warriors"
    Sandpeople: Derka derka womp womp womp
    Boba Fett: SUCH NOBLE Warriors! I should attack this giant crime cartel and claim I did it on behalf of the Sandpeople. This seems a great idea, for which there'll be no consequences.
    *All sandpeople die.
    Boba Fett: DAMN YOU FISH PEOPLE!!!

Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2022-01-14 at 06:26 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

You're absolutely complaining

That you don't think you're complaining doesn't mean you aren't. You're doing the exact thing you are criticizing others for, and not even realizing or admitting to yourself that you are. That's the odd thing about all your statements, since you think it's stupid as fuck, and say shit like 'how can people spend hours complaining about X' while you're doing that exact thing.

Literally pot calling kettle black here, dude.

Like, I'm not opposed to complaints; at all. I just find it odd that you don't recognize your own actions as complaining.

Like I said, people come to forums to complain. That's why we're all here. That you seem to have a particular thing about people complaining being stupid is just an odd thing to say, since that's pretty much what any of us here are doing. Like, if you think complaining about dumb stuff is a waste of time, then you do realize you've spent hours and possibly days here complaining about dumb stuff, wasting your time as well right? Again, I'm in full realization that I'm doing this as well, and that's my purpose here just as anyone else. I just don't see why you somehow think this doesn't apply to you.

It's like:

*Makes an observation of others wasting time on complaining in an internet forum*
    *while wasting time complaining in an internet forum*
    I'm not here to complain. I'm here to discuss the content without it going down a negative spiral.

Sure, things can be dissatisfactory about the content, but I'm not going to lose my fucking mind over it.

On the other hand, I find the complaining neither dissatisfactory or unacceptable. It's just straight up hilarious.

So you can keep trying to convince everyone that 'oh yeah we're all here to complain'. We're not. So speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's a legitimate thing to complain about. IMO They're so bad and "alien" to the Star Wars world that they break you out of it whenever you see them. Also, it's hard for Boba Fett to look bad-ass when he's getting flanked by these brightly coloured rejects.

People also come to express how much they love something. (The Spider-man thread isn't too negative as an example). If it seems like a lot of people are complaining here, it's probably because a lot of people feel they have things to complains about.

Because I'm a Star Wars fan but I expect it to at least be competently written, with character motivations, themes, plot, and great effects and I'm still hoping they'll be able to turn this around and redeem the trash first episodes.

I really just wouldn't bother at this point. Watch them all together at the end and hopefully the last few episodes will be better. (Jeez we almost half way through this season already?)

I'll post a complete run down in spoilers for you so you can catch up -

Boba Fett: "I've decided I want to be Daimyo.. for some reason.. I don't know why I want to, but.. maybe that will be revealed later. Rather than run my criminal empire with crime, I'm going to run it with respect.
    Fennec Shand: "What does a Daimyo even do?
    Boba Fett: "I don't know.. I think I just sit around here or in a becta tank and wait for people to bring me tributes?

*Assasin attacks
    Mayor: Ah, Sorry about that. I'm not really in charge. The person in charge is... the twins!

*Assasin attacks
    Twins: Ah, Sorry about that. I'm not really in charge. The person in charge is... fish people! Also, here's a rancor and Danny Trejo for some reason.

Boba Fett: Hmmm I need some more people to help protect me. Some ruthless new badass warriors to strike fear into my enemies. Ah.. there's a group of youths hanging outside McDonalds on their mopeds. Seems like a great choice.

Meanwhile in flashbacks:
    Boba Fett: These Sandpeople are SO NOBLE, And honourable! They are noble warriors"
    Sandpeople: Derka derka womp womp womp
    Boba Fett: SUCH NOBLE Warriors! I should attack this giant crime cartel and claim I did it on behalf of the Sandpeople. This seems a great idea, for which there'll be no consequences.
    *All sandpeople die.
    Boba Fett: DAMN YOU FISH PEOPLE!!!

I'm gonna stop you right there. We're both Star Wars fans, and likely have a deep love for the world and the characters. But let's not fool ourselves into thinking that the expectation of 'competently written, with character motivations, themes, plot, and great effects' is regularly met.

I absolutely love the prequel trilogy, but competently written, with clear character motivations it is not.

I cannot stand the sequel trilogy, and competently written, with clear character motivations, themes and plot it is not.

So I get that you want something better, but Star Wars isn't exactly the place where better gets regularly delivered anyway.