Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course, we don't know. But we know that this show is written by humans with agendas. And I don't get a good vibe for it.
    Sounds like you're the one with the problem, then. I fail to see how a plausible scenario is 'woke'. Also, have to say that I don't get good vibes from people who throw this word around on either side of the fence. Those who fight for 'wokeness' are just as cringy as the people who claim 'woke weariness' whenever a show has a point that doesn't conform with what they expect from a show. This entire problem you concocted up here is 100% a 'you' problem, it stems from something that is wrong with you, not the show.

A show mirroring something that actually happens isn't some form of agenda, it isn't 'woke, it's just life. (Jesus, how I despise you for throwing this pathetic buzzword around, you're shaming your namesake) The only one here with an agenda is you, some butthurt nobody who has to find an 'agenda' in a stupid show about a guy in armor who desperately tries to create an uproar where there's nothing to scream about.

Sometimes shows are just dumb and cheesy. Not everyone is out to get you, or rattle you precious safe space with their 'woke agenda'. Fucking listen to yourself. Get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Sounds like you're the one with the problem, then. I fail to see how a plausible scenario is 'woke'. Also, have to say that I don't get good vibes from people who throw this word around on either side of the fence. Those who fight for 'wokeness' are just as cringy as the people who claim 'woke weariness' whenever a show has a point that doesn't conform with what they expect from a show. This entire problem you concocted up here is 100% a 'you' problem, it stems from something that is wrong with you, not the show.

A show mirroring something that actually happens isn't some form of agenda, it isn't 'woke, it's just life. (Jesus, how I despise you for throwing this pathetic buzzword around, you're shaming your namesake) The only one here with an agenda is you, some butthurt nobody who has to find an 'agenda' in a stupid show about a guy in armor who desperately tries to create an uproar where there's nothing to scream about.

Sometimes shows are just dumb and cheesy. Not everyone is out to get you, or rattle you precious safe space with their 'woke agenda'. Fucking listen to yourself. Get help.
    Agreed with all of this.

I was thinking about Omega, in a way it makes more sense that she appears in the Mandalorian instead of Bobf, since Din Djarin's dealing with the Kamino-empire cloner dudes... will they appear again in the Mandolorian, or maybe some other show? Maybe with Grogu out of reach, they'll go back to try to snatch Omega and/or Boba? Prob not Boba, since he's not enhanced like Omega, still dunno whether she's force sensitive.. Don't know if Boba would even cares or knows about her, since he has had millions of siblings..most of them dead. Jango n Boba saw them as cannon fodder n seemed oblivious..

I wonder if the surviving kaminoan scientist Nala Se is still alive.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-14 at 10:46 PM.

The street gang and the cheesy chase scene... urgh. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    When your ass learns to drive....

Like a BANTHA, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    My two cents on the Swoop Gang - I don't mind them, but they're more plot-convenient than badass.

Boba's just starting his crime family, so I get the whole beggars can't be choosers thing. But realistically, I think the swoop gang would've been absolutely decimated by Black Krrsanten.

The swoop gang is replaceable. Boba could have a bunch of Jawas or R2 Droids instead, and they'd be given the same 'look how useful we are' moment with helping Boba take down Black Krrsanten and the outcome would be no different. It's pretty much all happening for sake of the plot. Boba needs minions, that's the gist of it.
    The gang didn't get their ass handed to them? They all had to go after him at once and still he was only defeated by the floor trap. It's not like they knocked him out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The gang didn't get their ass handed to them? They all had to go after him at once and still he was only defeated by the floor trap. It's not like they knocked him out.
    Not to mention that battles involving 1-vs-multiples are severely overexaggerated in fiction. In reality, you could be the best fighter on the planet but if 5 even just slightly competent people gang up on you, you're DONE. Those fights tend to only really work in movies because people are very careful to only attack one after the other and not all at once.

I seem to recall there being an interview with a master swordsman from Japan about this, and his strategy advice for facing multiple opponents was... run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Do you walk around in the real world just trying to find 'wokeness' in stuff? Must be a great party trick.
    This must be your first time seeing him in a thread. I swear I only ever see him post when its to complain about something being "woke" or other such typical nonsense.

I think he would've decimated them. Of course, that's not gonna happen since that's not the point of introducing the swoop gang into the plot. They're there to show themselves being useful with their different skills, not to be cannon fodder. That ended up happening to the Gamorreans instead.

The way I see it, engaging with Black Krrsanten would have ended with least one of em with an electric fist to the face. He woulda charged at em and smacked em around. Instead, what happens in the show is he stood there, kinda tossed around the ones who were already attacking him, and only went on the attack when the Gamorreans entered. It was an odd fight that seemed like he was trying to escape, but instead he stuck around to jobber the Gamorreans, which I kinda wondered why he decided to stick around at all.

The swoop gang had plot armor surrounding em preventing Black Krssanten from engaging. He can attack Boba, he can attack the Gamorreans, but for the Swoop gang he merely reacted in self defense rather than really go on the attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I was thinking about Omega, in a way it makes more sense that she appears in the Mandalorian instead of Bobf, since Din Djarin's dealing with the Kamino-empire cloner dudes... will they appear again in the Mandolorian, or maybe some other show? Maybe with Grogu out of reach, they'll go back to try to snatch Omega and/or Boba? Prob not Boba, since he's not enhanced like Omega, still dunno whether she's force sensitive.. Don't know if Boba would even cares or knows about her, since he has had millions of siblings..most of them dead. Jango n Boba saw them as cannon fodder n seemed oblivious..

I wonder if the surviving kaminoan scientist Nala Se is still alive.
    Don't think they will do Omega just because the way they've been telling the stories and there being a Bad Batch season 2. But if they were it would be no less a full callback with Omega, Fennec, Cad Bane, and Fett all in one area. Cad Bane would have to ancient at this point I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not to mention that battles involving 1-vs-multiples are severely overexaggerated in fiction. In reality, you could be the best fighter on the planet but if 5 even just slightly competent people gang up on you, you're DONE. Those fights tend to only really work in movies because people are very careful to only attack one after the other and not all at once.

I seem to recall there being an interview with a master swordsman from Japan about this, and his strategy advice for facing multiple opponents was... run away.
    Which was a bit confusing to me when he stuck around to fight the Gamorreans when he opened up an opportunity to escape.

But yeah, plot reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think he would've decimated them. Of course, that's not gonna happen since that's not the point of introducing the swoop gang into the plot. They're there to show themselves being useful with their different skills, not to be cannon fodder. That ended up happening to the Gamorreans instead.

The way I see it, engaging with Black Krrsanten would have ended with least one of em with an electric fist to the face. He woulda charged at em and smacked em around. Instead, what happens in the show is he stood there, kinda tossed around the ones who were already attacking him, and only went on the attack when the Gamorreans entered. It was an odd fight that seemed like he was trying to escape, but instead he stuck around to jobber the Gamorreans, which I kinda wondered why he decided to stick around at all.

The swoop gang had plot armor surrounding em preventing Black Krssanten from engaging. He can attack Boba, he can attack the Gamorreans, but for the Swoop gang he merely reacted in self defense rather than really go on the attack.
    I can see what you are saying. This show already has far less plot armor than Mando. So far. They might turn it up later...hopefully not because it got annoying in Mando season 2.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Reminds of those videos of how to fight a knife wielding opponent where they do a count down to what they are going to show, and then they run away.

Movies screw with people perceptions of what fights are (among other things.)
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-15 at 01:15 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Don't think they will do Omega just because the way they've been telling the stories and there being a Bad Batch season 2. But if they were it would be no less a full callback with Omega, Fennec, Cad Bane, and Fett all in one area. Cad Bane would have to ancient at this point I'm thinking.
    Bane could transfer his consciousness into his lil robot, todo! then he could terrorize the galaxy until the end of days!

But seriously, not even a flashback? we are just talking about the greatest bounty hunter ever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The low speed is due to the environment. They can’t go faster unless they all want to crash into shit and die. Speeders don’t exactly turn on a dime.
    Sure, but even a low-speed car chase scene should still feel exciting. There should be some stakes to it. That chase was like watching paint dry.

As a comparison:

Also not a super fast car chase... and yet, it feels a lot more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This must be your first time seeing him in a thread. I swear I only ever see him post when its to complain about something being "woke" or other such typical nonsense.
    Time to pop him on ignore. Conversations with him are just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Time to pop him on ignore. Conversations with him are just pointless.
    You stubborn guys are going to put some stubborn guy on ignore for being stubborn?...uh, okay.. I only put trolls on ignore..not for people refusing to bend to me opinions..I think he has somewhat of a point, not sure if woke is the right word, but holy crap it upsets you guys..

You stubborn guys are going to put some stubborn guy on ignore for being stubborn?...uh, okay.. I only put trolls on ignore..not for people refusing to bend to me opinions..I think he has somewhat of a point, not sure if woke is the right word, but holy crap it upsets you guys..
    You’re on ignore too btw.

I’m really trying to like this but I’m just finding the story slow and bland. The characters aren’t enough to keep me interested and I’m finding Boba Fett a weak has-been. The fight scenes are also hard to watch. They feel/look very scripted and slow. Thou, that female Tusken Raider was an exception… kinda wish they made the series about her instead. Her scene on the train has been the must entertaining thus far.

And I don’t even wanna talk about the Power Rangers…

Not sure I’ll finish watching this, tbh.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2022-01-15 at 06:35 PM.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    There is a difference between wanting someone to bend to your opinion and pointing out where someone's opinion is flawed.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code