Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After this episode I’m convinced the cyborg stuff was put in to explain Fennec surviving as much as anything. She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes? Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.

I’m more concerned with Fett forgetting where he left his armor. Explanation? Someone really wanted to do a sarlacc pit scene and just said fuck it and did one without any logic to it whatsoever.

I really need to rewatch Mandalorian. Perhaps being decent live action Star Wars after such a drought blinded me to its faults. It’s tough watching a show when you get taken out of the episode multiple times each week, and I don’t remember that once in Mandolorian.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    After this episode I’m convinced the cyborg stuff was put in to explain Fennec surviving as much as anything. She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes? Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.

I’m more concerned with Fett forgetting where he left his armor. Explanation? Someone really wanted to do a sarlacc pit scene and just said fuck it and did one without any logic to it whatsoever.

I really need to rewatch Mandalorian. Perhaps being decent live action Star Wars after such a drought blinded me to its faults. It’s tough watching a show when you get taken out of the episode multiple times each week, and I don’t remember that once in Mandolorian.
    He didn’t leave his armor anywhere. Dude is delirious and unconscious when the Jawas stripped him of his armor. He instinctively grabbed at them and got a concussion to add to his already messed up state. As such his memory was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Makes no sense to given the context of the line. Why would Fennec know his ship's name? It would be like if I named my car Bertha and just told someone Bertha is missing after I lost my car rather than describing the make and model.

The episode overall overall pretty good. Better E3 at least.

The bad : The flashback felt way too slow. Getting the ship felt way too long and then they strangely just skipped through him killing Bib Fortuna. Also, I don't get why he would think his armor was in the Sarlacc knowing the nature of Jawas

The good : Black Krrsantan as usual, Master Chef Grievous, Boba actually acting like a crime boss for once in this series, and obvious Din Djarin cameo that's coming.
    Exactly, why would she know the ships name? So he calls it by the model name. The model of the ship isn't unique in canon. Mandalore was full of them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Sorry, but I have decided to cut myself off from society about 8 or so years ago. I occasionally peek out every one in a while and NOPE........ I choose to remain in seclusion.

So no I dont know what transhumanism is but from the word itself, I dont think I want to risk what few bits of brain cells and sanity to find out. I will just stay in my own little pocket of earth
    Transhumanism is using technology to improve humanity. Like replacing body parts with robotic parts, or genetic alterations.

It is a big thing is some sci fi series, just not Star Wars really.

Also, to my knowledge, Transhumanism isn't a new concept at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the one from mandolarian? he seems much less disgusting than the sarlac

not when the whole is in their stomach, lmao.
    Humans, who are animals, can survive with a hole in their stomach. So can a lot of animals.

What kills you when that happens is normally an infection, not the hole itself, or if it is a hole that the bleeding isn't stopped, bleeding out.

Dude, please do some basic googling before you make a claim.

Seriously, while yes death is possible. That hole is minor to the sarlacc and they have multiple digestive chambers.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-20 at 12:18 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hole. The word is hole. And yes, even when something gets a small hole in its stomach it can survive. Especially big fictional monsters.
    sure dude, might be watching too much fiction

sure dude, might be watching too much fiction
    You might need to stop watching sci fi/fantasy type stuff since you get so upset at anything that doesn’t align with your head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Humans, who are animals, can survive with a hole in their stomach.
    Yeah, with proper treatment, lmao

Dude, please do some basic googling before you make a claim.
    and yet, none of you brought a single example of someone living out with a literal hole out of their stomachs.

- - - Updated - - -

You might need to stop watching sci fi/fantasy type stuff since you get so upset at anything that doesn’t align with your head canon.
    except isn't upsetting me, , like, at all, i just made a comment remarking the thing not dying, because i though it did, you rly don't need to bitch about everything said lol

I doubt Din Djarin appears, except maybe on those galactic phones saying Boba should talk to the bounty hunters guild on Nevarro. We'll probably see Carl Weathers again. No Cara Dune, but might be referenced as a fuck you to KK.

While many think it would be cool if Din Djarin appears in person, it wouldn't make sense when most Mandalorians don't even know who he is, is reluctant 'leader'(?), suddenly would say,
    "yeah, there is this non-Mandalorian shady guy, wearing beskar, that needs help to create a criminal empire, why don't we drop the planet-Mandalore-invasion-plans n help out the crook instead? He helped me rescue a cute green baby once, so you should feel bad if you don't help him out!"
    I doubt that would fly with the Mandalorian society..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-20 at 06:35 PM.

not when the whole is in their stomach, lmao.
    That would depend on the animal, and the size of the hole.

Plenty of animals can survive having their stomach punctured in some way; not in EVERY way, but certainly there are ways.

I don't mind the cyborg culture in and of themselves, cybernetic enhancement is a trait the protags of the first 2 trilogies share afterall, but they dress and act like no one on tatooine. They feel like foreigners.

That said...how old is Fennec supposed to be? They've mentioned Boba being old a few times, but shouldn't she be older? She was an adult in Bad Batch while Boba was shown as a kid. He also specifically doesn't artificially age faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I don't mind the cyborg culture in and of themselves, cybernetic enhancement is a trait the protags of the first 2 trilogies share afterall, but they dress and act like no one on tatooine. They feel like foreigners.
    Agreed. Especially the scooter gang, those super shiny vespa thingy's look so out of place and unrealistic on the desert world of Tatooine. Paint jobs like that would get scuffed and weathered overnight, there's no way they'd maintain such a high level of shine there. Not to mention those kids are supposed to be dirt poor. How the heck do they have the money to maintain those scooters and buy and maintain their cybernetics?

Just feels off.

That said...how old is Fennec supposed to be? They've mentioned Boba being old a few times, but shouldn't she be older? She was an adult in Bad Batch while Boba was shown as a kid. He also specifically doesn't artificially age faster.
    No idea how old specifically, but by 19 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) she had already begun her bounty hunting career, according to Wookiepedia. Boba was born 32 BBY, 13 years after she started bounty hunting. According to Wookiepedia, Omega was born ~26 BBY. So Boba is ~6 years older than Omega. The show shows Omega and Boba being roughly the same age, but that's not really accurate, apparently.

So assuming Fennec started bounty hunting at a young-ish age of ~17, that would mean she was born in 36 BBY. If we assume he's ~13-14 in Bad Batch, her being shown as an "adult" would put her at ~18-19 or something. That would explain why Boba looked like a "child" and Fennec looked like an "adult" when in reality, they're actually pretty close in age.

and yet, none of you brought a single example of someone living out with a literal hole out of their stomachs.

- - - Updated - - -

except isn't upsetting me, , like, at all, i just made a comment remarking the thing not dying, because i though it did, you rly don't need to bitch about everything said lol
    Worms. All manner of sea life. Sarlaccs. Need more examples or are you gonna keep claiming it should have died immediately from a tiny hole in one of its stomachs?

lmao. While that is true for the majority, there are literally people who live for years with a hole in their stomach without knowing it because they don't get infected.

Unless you are dealing with major blood loss or infection, you don't die from just having a hole in your stomach.

Because it is obvious animals can live with holes in their stomach that doesn't require proof beyond that? Beside, this is literally reversing the burden of proof, you are saying the Sarlacc should have been dead because of the hole and your only argument is because it is possible to die from a hole in the stomach. But it is also possible not to die because of a hole, therefore why should the sarlacc have died?

Again, the old EU had the Sarlacc survive too. So this isn't like a Disney thing.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-20 at 07:18 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes?
    Gut shots are notorious for not killing people quickly. They cause sepsis, massive systemic issues, etc. A slow and painful way to die - not a quick, instantaneous death like e.g. a shot to the heart or lungs. At the same time, damage to the GI tract can also require a lot of replacement (assuming you have that technology) so it's entirely reasonable that much of those parts would be replaced by cybernetics in this case.

Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.
    Cybernetics have always been a part of SW's underworld - there's tons of old EU canon about that, it's everywhere that seedy crime can be found. And remember: wretched hive of scum and villainy. Tatooine is absolutely a place you'd find this. And they showed it's a small, private parlor - which is totally in line with Tatooine's backwater status. The big operations are in places like Nar Shaddaa; but a small independent mod parlor? Absolutely fits for this scenario.

Worms. All manner of sea life. Sarlaccs. Need more examples or are you gonna keep claiming it should have died immediately from a tiny hole in one of its stomachs?
    funny how you said "See predators" then your example is "worms' ayyy,, Again, you are bitching too much for a throwaway comment, i merely comment that i didn't expect the thing to be alive

but sure keep going, humor me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    lmao. While that is true for the majority, there are literally people who live for years with a hole in their stomach without knowing it because they don't get infected.
    yeah, put their names or articles here then. Mind you, e are talking about a hole in their bodies, not just an internal hole, la hole that something can get out.
    Unless you are dealing with major blood loss or infection, you don't die from just having a hole in your stomach.

therefore why should the sarlacc have died?
    i never said he should have died, i find strange that it didn't by the way they show him getting out, this comment does not give fuel for you to assume otherwise

rly, you guys want to pick fight for the shitiest thing.

Again, the old EU had the Sarlacc survive too. So this isn't like a Disney thing.
    sure, again, i don't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed. Especially the scooter gang, those super shiny vespa thingy's look so out of place and unrealistic on the desert world of Tatooine. Paint jobs like that would get scuffed and weathered overnight, there's no way they'd maintain such a high level of shine there. Not to mention those kids are supposed to be dirt poor. How the heck do they have the money to maintain those scooters and buy and maintain their cybernetics?

Just feels off.
    The music in the 'mod parlor' or whatever also really annoyed me. I get its just music and anyone from anywhere in the galaxy could listen to literally anything, but again music in this show everywhere else on tatooine feels like tatooine. There's no...connective tissue between the mod groups and literally everyone else on tatooine. Its like Boba went onto another show to save Fennec.

Tatooine is effectively mad max or fallout in space. Its a post apocalyptic wasteland that never truly recovered. People scrapping together droid parts to enhance themselves fits into the aesthetic fine, but they're blaring techno music, have shiny scooter speeds, and act like some brats who complain about how bad things are on corascant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

In fact, we had Luke and Obi-wan going to Alderaan for the price of a piece of shit hovercar and Han was hustling them during the Empire days.
    The bulk of their fare was pay on arrival, which they never did.

Sports and Fitness mod, Brit with weird sleeping hours.
    Has good taste in ale, bad taste in D&D choices.

funny how you said "See predators" then your example is "worms' ayyy,, Again, you are bitching too much for a throwaway comment, i merely comment that i didn't expect the thing to be alive

but sure keep going, humor me.

yeah, put their names or articles here then. Mind you, e are talking about a hole in their bodies, not just an internal hole, la hole that something can get out.

i never said he should have died, i find strange that it didn't by the way they show him getting out, this comment does not give fuel for you to assume otherwise

rly, you guys want to pick fight for the shitiest thing.

sure, again, i don't mind it
    Why do I bother every trying to deal with you? You always do this crap.

You always twist the burden of proof by playing semantics.

You're done.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The bulk of their fare was pay on arrival, which they never did.
    Sure, they needed to flee Tatooine and Obi-wan was willing to pay as much as it takes to get Han going but they only had 2k (in speeder). So he offered even more than Han asked, but on arrival. He had friends on Alderaan, he could pay what he promised.

And Han got paid, by the Alderaanian princess.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

why does temuera look so fit now? He was super chubbeh during the mandalorian n book of boba...

it's strange with wen, she moves as if she's 10-20 years younger in the show (she's 58 years old! Looks way younger)...did tem try her diet? what has he been munching lately??