Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I don't mind the cyborg culture in and of themselves, cybernetic enhancement is a trait the protags of the first 2 trilogies share afterall, but they dress and act like no one on tatooine. They feel like foreigners.
    Agreed. Especially the scooter gang, those super shiny vespa thingy's look so out of place and unrealistic on the desert world of Tatooine. Paint jobs like that would get scuffed and weathered overnight, there's no way they'd maintain such a high level of shine there. Not to mention those kids are supposed to be dirt poor. How the heck do they have the money to maintain those scooters and buy and maintain their cybernetics?

Just feels off.

That said...how old is Fennec supposed to be? They've mentioned Boba being old a few times, but shouldn't she be older? She was an adult in Bad Batch while Boba was shown as a kid. He also specifically doesn't artificially age faster.
    No idea how old specifically, but by 19 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) she had already begun her bounty hunting career, according to Wookiepedia. Boba was born 32 BBY, 13 years after she started bounty hunting. According to Wookiepedia, Omega was born ~26 BBY. So Boba is ~6 years older than Omega. The show shows Omega and Boba being roughly the same age, but that's not really accurate, apparently.

So assuming Fennec started bounty hunting at a young-ish age of ~17, that would mean she was born in 36 BBY. If we assume he's ~13-14 in Bad Batch, her being shown as an "adult" would put her at ~18-19 or something. That would explain why Boba looked like a "child" and Fennec looked like an "adult" when in reality, they're actually pretty close in age.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah, with proper treatment, lmao
    lmao. While that is true for the majority, there are literally people who live for years with a hole in their stomach without knowing it because they don't get infected.

Unless you are dealing with major blood loss or infection, you don't die from just having a hole in your stomach.

Because it is obvious animals can live with holes in their stomach that doesn't require proof beyond that? Beside, this is literally reversing the burden of proof, you are saying the Sarlacc should have been dead because of the hole and your only argument is because it is possible to die from a hole in the stomach. But it is also possible not to die because of a hole, therefore why should the sarlacc have died?

Again, the old EU had the Sarlacc survive too. So this isn't like a Disney thing.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-20 at 07:18 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes?
    Gut shots are notorious for not killing people quickly. They cause sepsis, massive systemic issues, etc. A slow and painful way to die - not a quick, instantaneous death like e.g. a shot to the heart or lungs. At the same time, damage to the GI tract can also require a lot of replacement (assuming you have that technology) so it's entirely reasonable that much of those parts would be replaced by cybernetics in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.
    Cybernetics have always been a part of SW's underworld - there's tons of old EU canon about that, it's everywhere that seedy crime can be found. And remember: wretched hive of scum and villainy. Tatooine is absolutely a place you'd find this. And they showed it's a small, private parlor - which is totally in line with Tatooine's backwater status. The big operations are in places like Nar Shaddaa; but a small independent mod parlor? Absolutely fits for this scenario.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Worms. All manner of sea life. Sarlaccs. Need more examples or are you gonna keep claiming it should have died immediately from a tiny hole in one of its stomachs?
    funny how you said "See predators" then your example is "worms' ayyy,, Again, you are bitching too much for a throwaway comment, i merely comment that i didn't expect the thing to be alive

but sure keep going, humor me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    lmao. While that is true for the majority, there are literally people who live for years with a hole in their stomach without knowing it because they don't get infected.
    yeah, put their names or articles here then. Mind you, e are talking about a hole in their bodies, not just an internal hole, la hole that something can get out.
    Unless you are dealing with major blood loss or infection, you don't die from just having a hole in your stomach.

therefore why should the sarlacc have died?
    i never said he should have died, i find strange that it didn't by the way they show him getting out, this comment does not give fuel for you to assume otherwise

rly, you guys want to pick fight for the shitiest thing.

Again, the old EU had the Sarlacc survive too. So this isn't like a Disney thing.
    sure, again, i don't mind it

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed. Especially the scooter gang, those super shiny vespa thingy's look so out of place and unrealistic on the desert world of Tatooine. Paint jobs like that would get scuffed and weathered overnight, there's no way they'd maintain such a high level of shine there. Not to mention those kids are supposed to be dirt poor. How the heck do they have the money to maintain those scooters and buy and maintain their cybernetics?

Just feels off.
    The music in the 'mod parlor' or whatever also really annoyed me. I get its just music and anyone from anywhere in the galaxy could listen to literally anything, but again music in this show everywhere else on tatooine feels like tatooine. There's no...connective tissue between the mod groups and literally everyone else on tatooine. Its like Boba went onto another show to save Fennec.

Tatooine is effectively mad max or fallout in space. Its a post apocalyptic wasteland that never truly recovered. People scrapping together droid parts to enhance themselves fits into the aesthetic fine, but they're blaring techno music, have shiny scooter speeds, and act like some brats who complain about how bad things are on corascant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

In fact, we had Luke and Obi-wan going to Alderaan for the price of a piece of shit hovercar and Han was hustling them during the Empire days.
    The bulk of their fare was pay on arrival, which they never did.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    funny how you said "See predators" then your example is "worms' ayyy,, Again, you are bitching too much for a throwaway comment, i merely comment that i didn't expect the thing to be alive

but sure keep going, humor me.

yeah, put their names or articles here then. Mind you, e are talking about a hole in their bodies, not just an internal hole, la hole that something can get out.

i never said he should have died, i find strange that it didn't by the way they show him getting out, this comment does not give fuel for you to assume otherwise

rly, you guys want to pick fight for the shitiest thing.

sure, again, i don't mind it
    Why do I bother every trying to deal with you? You always do this crap.

You always twist the burden of proof by playing semantics.

You're done.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The bulk of their fare was pay on arrival, which they never did.
    Sure, they needed to flee Tatooine and Obi-wan was willing to pay as much as it takes to get Han going but they only had 2k (in speeder). So he offered even more than Han asked, but on arrival. He had friends on Alderaan, he could pay what he promised.

And Han got paid, by the Alderaanian princess.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    why does temuera look so fit now? He was super chubbeh during the mandalorian n book of boba...

it's strange with wen, she moves as if she's 10-20 years younger in the show (she's 58 years old! Looks way younger)...did tem try her diet? what has he been munching lately??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    While many think it would be cool if Din Djarin appears in person, it wouldn't make sense when most Mandalorians don't even know who he is, is reluctant 'leader'(?), suddenly would say,
    "yeah, there is this non-Mandalorian shady guy, wearing beskar, that needs help to create a criminal empire, why don't we drop the planet-Mandalore-invasion-plans n help out the crook instead? He helped me rescue a cute green baby once, so you should feel bad if you don't help him out!"
    I doubt that would fly with the Mandalorian society..
    Them not knowing who Din is becomes irrelevant the second he ignites the dark sabre.

Pretty sure Boba Fett is very well known among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rushing to help him secure a criminal empire when they are in the middle of dark saber/Mandalore stuff seems out of character though. I’m honestly not expecting Boba to even call for help like that.
    I don't even think we've started the war for Mandalore yet. Din's likely having his post Grogu midlife crisis where he hasn't a clue what he's doing and goes back to bounty work.

We'll probably see the start of the Mandalore arc in season 3.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say - after reading the posts here about Episode three and then actually watching Episode Three -- some you guys make WAY TOO MUCH out of a gang of speeders. I seriously was expecting them to be the focus of the story of the episode with the amount of butthurt the internet has been showing about those damn speeders. Only to find them covered by a three minute scene and the rest of the time, the group being in the 'background' as they should be, nothing more than 'some more thugs-turned-employees' grunts.

I mean yea, the speeders were stupid. Chase was stupid. That was disappointing. The show itself has been... a slow burn... at BEST. Hubby and myself are waiting and hoping the show 'shows its point' or else we won't be around for S2 (if there is one). Those are legit complaints on the show and yes, reason to question where they are all going with this and whether it will be worth watching.

But the endless back and forth about this speeder gang is just stupid. All sorts of "parts" of Star Wars are, and have been, stupid on the screen. I'm sure we can all list at least 5 things from the first two trilogies that were just 'stupid', but we didn't give up on the IP. I can let go of the little annoyances (cuz yea the speeders are just that, minor annoyances of stupid) and focus on the big story picture. And there are bigger parts of this show that deserve dozen of pages of discussion, that have the meat for dozens of pages of discussions - just not the speeders!

Cuz yea, the problem IS the 'big story picture' is so - UNKNOWN - right now; when it shouldn't be. Halfway through the first season - we should have a better idea of what the 'point' of this is. And maybe we do know the point, just none of us have accepted it because that 'point' has been dry and bland and so we're hoping its not the 'point'.

But the speeders - aren't worth the millions of words on the internet being given to them. They're LESS than a Jar Jar. They're LESS than a whiney teenage Anakin. If neither of those destroyed my faith in the franchise, shiny speeders looking like bumper cars from Six Flags - also aren't going to destroy anything.

There's just so much more about this show to discuss or pick apart. Can we let go and get over the shiny speeder arguments? So silly. lol.

Interestingly enough, Hubby actually felt episode 3 was better than 2. He's already ready to give up on the show due to not being able to give a shit about Boba the "WhateverThisIs" -- but the shiny speeders guys barely registered with him. Because yea, they are background details meant to be barely a 'thing' to register. I was just surprised he liked e3 more than e2. I liked them both "Fine" as shows go - outside of the 'still not sure I care about this' question. =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

it's strange with wen, she moves as if she's 10-20 years younger in the show (she's 58 years old! Looks way younger)
    I guess it only goes to show how fit and active you can be if you work at it. While I was in Japan I met a karateka who was 70+ years old and he moved like a cat - a cat made out of solid steel. I think we just have a skewed perspective because most people at that age either worked their bodies to the bone for most of their life so they're spent; or they lived a fairly sedentary life without dedicated exercise. But if you really wanted to, you could retain a lot of fitness for a lot longer than many people think.

And of course it helps if you have the money and time to make that happen and not worry about much else

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with the mods is, proportions

It's weird "yeah, so i cut of my living arm n replaced it, a -large- bodypart for teh lulz, the Vespa gang was just all over the place, n their clothing too, also attitude of them...like the wanna-be joan jett mouthing off to boba, as if she would ever do that, not be afraid of getting terminated...there's having attitude n there's being a moron..it's not ur dad ur mouthing off to...
    Han Solo sounded terrified just hearing Boba fett was near...

Like the writer was thinking he had to show his new favorite toy/character would be so brave n rebellious, disregarding the world she inhabits..
    as for that clerk in the mayor's office "boba who? i don't see you on the list" like..FUCK YOU WRITERS, that was like some shitty SNL comedy sketch you have seen a thousand times already..
    Boba was the dread of the galaxy, book of boba takes place just after he hanged with darth freaking Vader...

I think the mods should be less is more, n with their economic situation would have noticeable but 'smaller' modifications, like this girl in the picture,

compare her 'eyes' to the black Vespa kid with his mod eye that looks like someone shoved a steampunk binocular in there...I want things to fit the world we are watching, not be taken out n think this or that only exists cuz someone faps to steampunk n want to shove as much as possible in the scenes, the agenda should be the world, not someones personal feelings..

As for the 'doctor' mod, some guy with dreadlocks the color of...eggnog?..i mean i get that musicians (he is that irl) have outlandish looks for attention (6IX9INE), but on a film set everything has to mesh together...and his operating tools looked way too basic n not very advanced for the largescale surgery required to fix fennec...

Even if the last 3 episodes are great, my final verdict will be this whole season is more like a draft, instead of a finished product, I am underwhelmed..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    -snip-
    oh, you have seen nothing yet, this show will prob go on for at least one more season, just wait until we get to Kenobi (in a few months, it's on 'coming soon' on disney+) which is confirmed to be only one season with few episodes, you cannot afford to fuck them up, if you have bad episodes, bunch of filler episodes, there will be just too little good stuff n too much bad shit n the reactions will be...we are talking about a show with a freaking Jedi, that means light sabers, lots of pew pew lazers, spaceship battles, fast action, explosions, teh works! Just thinking about it automatically means a way larger budget, as this will draw in a much larger crowd than mandolorian/book of boba.

If they fuck that up.

Oh boy..

Btw temuera, the main actor, recently in interview said he doesn't agree with the direction they took his character...this is like watching the last jedi (not saying this is that bad) n see mark hamill's reaction n him disagreeing with how his character was potrayed, you can't dismiss it as "oh, it's those pesky zealot fans!"
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-20 at 10:52 PM.

compare her 'eyes' to the black Vespa kid with his mod eye that looks like someone shoved a steampunk binocular in there...I want things to fit the world we are watching, not be taken out n think this or that only exists cuz someone faps to steampunk n want to shove as much as possible in the scenes, the agenda should be the world, not someones personal feelings..
    Look at more existing SW material, not just the movies. There's lots of examples with quite a lot of cybernetic implants, conspicuous and otherwise. ESPECIALLY among criminals in the underworld, where a lot of the time extensive and obvious enhancements are used to be more intimidating - that's all over settings like Nar Shaddaa etc., which may not have been in the movies much but are absolutely part of the SW universe. This is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cyborgs are prominent all throughout canon and EU. This is the first time they are featured everywhere on screen but it isn't like some director just wanted to interject their vision.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Look at more existing SW material, not just the movies. There's lots of examples with quite a lot of cybernetic implants, conspicuous and otherwise. ESPECIALLY among criminals in the underworld, where a lot of the time extensive and obvious enhancements are used to be more intimidating - that's all over settings like Nar Shaddaa etc., which may not have been in the movies much but are absolutely part of the SW universe. This is nothing new.
    It's different if a criminal is hurt during a job, replaces a body part, to "I'm doing this for teh lulz!"
    Also in cyberpunk genre, modifications are expensive, part of characters journey, but here..."yup, im poor, but i got these neat clean new clothes n these expensive modifications, n this shiny candy ride!" n they...well that episode pays homage to george lucas movie american grafiti, but that was in L.A.
    Blade Runner is in L.A. a megacity

but Tatooine? how did Luke describe that place
    “If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from.”

I feel the mod scene would be pretty small n limited..also, they complain about there being no jobs, no money..I wrote before, Ahsoka in last clone wars season on Coruscant, that place would have made more sense..

Also in cyberpunk genre, modifications are expensive, part of characters journey
    That's a GROSS generalization. It varies wildly within the genre - from something you can literally get at a gas station in the middle of nowhere, to something you need to be a billionaire to afford. To say it's always expensive in the cyberpunk genre is like saying "swords are something special in the fantasy genre" just because there is one story you read where that was the case. It's not a general rule, and it's not inherent in the technology at all.

And, I might add, it's also not consistent with the SW universe, where every street slicer has brain implants almost as a matter of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Why do I bother every trying to deal with you?
    yeah, tell me why you always want to pick a fight for bs.

i just said i was surprised the thing was alive, it lived, good, end of the story.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why did you argue that it should have been dead up until this post then?
    because you and the other guy were arguing that "many animals can live with a literal hole in their stomaches'', you even said including ''predators''.

Is just that you can't stick on your pants, its only missing you talk about loki show again lmao