Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,037
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Fett wasn't very well liked. Definitely not among the Mandalorians in part due to his genetics other part being someone who worked with the Empire.
    Uhm, genetics? The first Mandalorians weren't even human.


  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Lucas propped her up as well. I think a lot of people just assume she popped up with Disney. She has been involved with the Lucasfilm ecosystem (primarily ILM) longer than some of us have been alive - at least me.
    Yeah… totally propped her up. Despite all evidence he himself is pretty incompetent when given complete control.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Uhm, genetics? The first Mandalorians weren't even human.

    They were multiple species. Some were human afaik.

  3. #523
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because you said it was unbelievable to you.
    if you can quote, the word "unbelievable" in any of my comments about the Sarlac then we can end this discussion here.

    Spoilers: you will not find it, cause i never said that, its another strawman from you.

    I merely aid it was a bit of sus the thing living out after the way he get out of his stomach., especially because Boba was right there he could in theory, have grabbed him back.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because they can, your ignorance of biology is a you thing.
    And why didn't you gave any examples of any predators living with a hole in their stomach? find a lion, a hyena, a aligator any of those with a hole, then you can talk shit like that.

    Animals die like that, they suffer blood loss and all sorts of infections, stomach acid would flow into internal organs, all sorts of problems.

    One thing is a fantasy monsters, so please, go pester someone else.

  4. #524
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah… totally propped her up. Despite all evidence he himself is pretty incompetent when given complete control.
    I mean the merits of Lucas is definitely a discussion to be had. I notice a lot of people who a quick to dismiss KK hold Lucas very high in terms of decision making and running Lucasfilm.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  5. #525
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you can quote, the word "unbelievable" in any of my comments about the Sarlac then we can end this discussion here.

    Spoilers: you will not find it, cause i never said that, its another strawman from you.

    I merely aid it was a bit of sus the thing living out after the way he get out of his stomach., especially because Boba was right there he could in theory, have grabbed him back.




    And why didn't you gave any examples of any predators living with a hole in their stomach? find a lion, a hyena, a aligator any of those with a hole, then you can talk shit like that.

    Animals die like that, they suffer blood loss and all sorts of infections, stomach acid would flow into internal organs, all sorts of problems.

    One thing is a fantasy monsters, so please, go pester someone else.
    It’s a tiny hole in one stomach, not a massive wound to its bowels. Go read a biology text.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, tell me why you always want to pick a fight for bs.

    i just said i was surprised the thing was alive, it lived, good, end of the story.
    To be honest, Star Wars is already full of this stuff. It's just narrative dramatization that you're not meant to dwell too much on.

    Like the Sarlacc is supposed to cause agonizing torture as you are slowly digested for 'a thousand years', which sounds more threatening than it really is. You will likely die of other causes first, like suffocation/thirst/hunger/physical trauma well before then. Also, being digested over that long of a period means the enzymes will barely do anything to you since they're meant to work over hundreds of years, unlike the show which has Boba suffering acid burns immediately from just climbing into the thing.


    I mean, I didn't see you complaining about this for the past four decades when this was first mentioned in Return of the Jedi. Not quite sure why a hole in a stomach suddenly irks you about not being realistic. Star Wars is space fantasy fiction, not real life.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-21 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I mean the merits of Lucas is definitely a discussion to be had. I notice a lot of people who a quick to dismiss KK hold Lucas very high in terms of decision making and running Lucasfilm.
    You’re right, it’s weird she became a problem for them 30+ years down the line.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    To be honest, Star Wars is already full of this stuff. It's just narrative dramatization that you're not meant to dwell too much on.

    Like the Sarlacc is supposed to cause agonizing torture as you are slowly digested for 'thousands of years', which sounds more threatening than it really is. You will likely die of other causes first, like suffocation/thirst/hunger/physical trauma well before then. Also, being digested over that long of a period means the enzymes will barely do anything to you since they're meant to work over hundreds of years, unlike the show which has Boba suffering acid burns immediately from just climbing into the thing.


    But hey, I didn't see you complaining about any of that stuff.
    That’s my biggest issue as well, but I chalk it up to trying to terrify victims with hyperbole.

  8. #528
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s a tiny hole in one stomach, not a massive wound to its bowels. Go read a biology text.
    a tiny hole big enough to get a man out, and he grind his way out with flames and by tearing the tissues out, like i said, i was just surprised, but i don't dispute the possibility of the thing living, never said it was impossible.

    the problem is how you pedantically, tried to bring real world animals here to compare with a fictional nonsensical beast, just shows who the real ignorant is.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the problem is how you pedantically, tried to bring real world animals here to compare with a fictional nonsensical beast, just shows who the real ignorant is.
    I'm sorry, and the basis for your claim that a hole in the stomach should be a problem for this alien beast is based on what, exactly? Not comparison to the real world, SURELY?

  10. #530
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm sorry, and the basis for your claim that a hole in the stomach should be a problem for this alien beast is based on what, exactly? Not comparison to the real world, SURELY?
    because other aliens had holes in their bodies and died just fine? lmao

    the problem is to say "animals totally live with a hole in their bodies, so the alien beast can", when most animals don't.

    Again, not saying is impossible, i was just surprised by the Sarlac living.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because other alies had holes in their bodies and died just fine? lmao
    Most of them survived tiny punctures like they were nothing… you keep assuming this is some massive injury for something bigger than you seem to comprehend.

  12. #532
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if you can quote, the word "unbelievable" in any of my comments about the Sarlac then we can end this discussion here.

    Spoilers: you will not find it, cause i never said that, its another strawman from you.

    I merely aid it was a bit of sus the thing living out after the way he get out of his stomach., especially because Boba was right there he could in theory, have grabbed him back.
    Once again, you don't understand the concept of a strawman.

    Sus is short for suspicious, being suspicious is not finding something believable or questioning. You literally do not have to use the word "unbelievable" it is only a strawman if I change the meaning of your argument and using unbelievable for it does not change your argument.

    Thanks for literally proving I didn't strawman you.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #533
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Once again, you don't understand the concept of a strawman.

    Sus is short for suspicious, being suspicious is not finding something believable.

    Thanks for literally proving I didn't strawman you.
    so you took "kinda sus" to literally "i think is completely unbelievable"

    When suspicious, is the idea of questionable, or having a cautious distrust of something.

    Thanks for literally proving you strawman here.

  14. #534
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so you took "kinda sus" to literally "i think is completely unbelievable"

    When suspicious, is the idea of questionable, or having a cautious distrust of something.

    Thanks for literally proving you strawman here.
    That's literally not strawmanning.

    Also, if you are correct about strawmanning, you literally just strawmanned me because I never said you found it completely unbelievable, merely you found it unbelievable. That's actually closer to a real strawman.

    Once again, you have no idea what a strawman is.

    You are right now arguing I strawmanned you because you found something that you question (ie find unbelievable) and I literally just used a different word that says the same thing.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-21 at 12:26 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so you took "kinda sus" to literally "i think is completely unbelievable"

    When suspicious, is the idea of questionable, or having a cautious distrust of something.

    Thanks for literally proving you strawman here.
    Totally just left it alone after one questioning statement…

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's literally not strawmanning.

    Also, if you are correct about strawmanning, you literally just strawmanned me because I never said you found it completely unbelievable, merely you found it unbelievable. That's actually closer to a real strawman.

    Once again, you have no idea what a strawman is.
    He also has issues with accepting shit unless it’s explicitly explained… so, yeah.

  16. #536
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That's literally not strawmanning.

    Also, if you are correct about strawmanning, you literally just strawmanned me because I never said you found it completely unbelievable, merely you found it unbelievable. That's actually closer to a real strawman.

    Once again, you have no idea what a strawman is.
    Your point is that i said the sarlac dying was unbelievable:

    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because you said it was unbelievable to you.
    I never said that, thus, your attempt in refuting "my idea of the thing living unbelievable", when its a point i never made. Since you made it yourself to attack, you made a strawman

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

    I mean, I didn't see you complaining about this for the past four decades when this was first mentioned in Return of the Jedi. Not quite sure why a hole in a stomach suddenly irks you about not being realistic. Star Wars is space fantasy fiction, not real life.
    Im not complaining, im not making a big deal, neither upset, I just find weird the thing not dying before, but i have no problems whatsoever.

    Like, there is no reasons for this much of bitching, at all.

  17. #537
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Your point is that i said the sarlac dying is unbelievable:



    I never said that, thus, your attempt in refuting "my idea of the thing living unbelievable", when its a point i never made, you made it yourself to attack. Therefore, you made a strawman
    This is just playing semantics because you don't understand what a strawman is. Saying you find it unbelievable when you have spent hours arguing that it doesn't make sense to you on some level it didn't die, isn't a strawman. It is the only conclusion from your argument.

    You literally have proved it isn't a strawman but are pretending it somehow is.

    Once again, you either are wrong about what a strawman is or you are strawmanning me now. In which case, you lose all rights to complain about strawmanning.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  18. #538
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is just playing semantics because you don't understand what a strawman is. Saying you find it unbelievable,
    .
    i am the one "trying to play with semantics" when you are the one making up that i said it was unbelievable,

    when you have spent hours arguing that it doesn't make sense to you on some level it didn't die
    Nope, i was just surprised/find weird the thing not dying by how he came out, you are free to fight over that, but seems like a waste.

  19. #539
    I am Murloc! Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    5,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Nope, i was just surprised/find weird the thing not dying by how he came out, you are free to fight over that, but seems like a waste.
    This is literally saying you find it to be unbelievable. Seriously, I don't get why you are so upset over this to cry "Strawman!"

    Like seriously, you are getting upset over a word that doesn't actually change your position (which FYI is required for it to be a strawman).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  20. #540
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    15,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    This is literally saying you find it to be unbelievable.
    For fact checks, you are saying that me, finding something weird, or that i was surprised by something that happened in the show, equals to me saying it was unbelievable?

    You are using the word "literally" too lightly. Serious, i don't get why me finding something weird/being surprised, get you so upset to make a strawman to attack, give it a rest, stop derailing the threat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •