15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh. Gimme a second

:P
    Lol, well played sir, well played.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Let’s see what happens in episode 6, but right now the most positive response I’ve seen was the 1 episode without the titular character. I’m sure they’ll leave some kinda plot line(s) open for a potential s2, but with 2 episodes left I find myself more interested in the hutts than Boba’s current story.
    Same - I'm interested in almost anything but his story. I cringe even thinking about hearing another monotone line from him, his only inflection being some lost sense of importance to what he's saying.

(in case it seems odd that I'm continuing to watch this even though I clearly don't like it, my son and I are watching it together, so it's outta my hands...)

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Lol, well played sir, well played.
    What's really gonna get you is this one:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/th..._boba_fett/s01
    Critics Consensus
    The Book of Boba Fett could never match the adventures that existed in fans' imaginations for decades, but it earns its commission with spectacular set pieces and Temuera Morrison's commanding presence.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What's really gonna get you is this one:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/th..._boba_fett/s01

Critics Consensus
    The Book of Boba Fett could never match the adventures that existed in fans' imaginations for decades, but it earns its commission with spectacular set pieces and Temuera Morrison's commanding presence.
    Fucking brutal. I yield.

- - - Updated - - -

Rofl, Star Wars IS for kids. So seeing wookies and rancors do cool stuff is enough most of the time.
    Very good point. He's 15 and also enjoys trying to find dramatic connections to the lore. It's fun to watch it with him though.

Also - what's our timeframe in BoBF? It's just after Jedi, right? Not more than a couple of years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It’s just after S2 of Mandalorian, so about a decade ABY(A New Hope) and 5 years after Jedi.
    I'm still trying to work it out.

We know it's after S2 of Mandalorian because of the tie-in when Ming asks for Mandalorian's help.

If it's 5 years after Jedi, that means Boba spent those five years with the Tuskens? Because we have a specific time-key point, with Boba falling into the pitt and coming out of it.

Sure, if we grade all movies on a strict Pass or Fail system... Solo might as well be Citizen Kane.
    You realize that Citizen Kane was a box office flop right? Or is that what you were suggesting of Solo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm still trying to work it out.

We know it's after S2 of Mandalorian because of the tie-in when Ming asks for Mandalorian's help.

If it's 5 years after Jedi, that means Boba spent those five years with the Tuskens? Because we have a specific time-key point, with Boba falling into the pitt and coming out of it.
    They never told us how long he was with the Tuskans. A decent amount of time would help explain his new outlook on life, going from a self centered lower who was on speed dial with the likes of Vader to someone who had a clan. At least 2 or three years? We don't know but seems like a good minimum time frame.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Heh, Halo (the 'planetary ring') in the Star Wars universe...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Heh, Halo (the 'planetary ring') in the Star Wars universe...
    Halo didn't even invent the ringworld concept.

That said, its not like star wars hasn't referenced other sci-fi before."Spice" i clearly a thinly veiled Dune reference.

5+ Year Old Account
    poster, this is the way!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You realize that Citizen Kane was a box office flop right? Or is that what you were suggesting of Solo?
    He's saying that if you're only judging the quality of a film based on whether it's certified Fresh or Rotten on RT, you're putting barely passing (61%) and perfection (100%) into the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Wasn't what I was suggesting no...but Solo did not have a great Box Office. Probably didn't flop...but didn't do much more than break even.

I was more commenting on the idea that all "fresh" movies are the same quality.

EDIT: Looked into it and Solo did actually flop. I thought I heard it managed to break even...but I guess I was wrong. But, that wasn't really my point anyway...so it doesn't matter. The movie flopping has more to do with it's inflated budget and how it was marketed (poorly) than the quality of the film itself.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-01-31 at 05:09 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Wasn't what I was suggesting no...but Solo did not have a great Box Office. Probably didn't flop...but didn't do much more than break even.

I was more commenting on the idea that all "fresh" movies are the same quality.

EDIT: Looked into it and Solo did actually flop. I thought I heard it managed to break even...but I guess I was wrong. But, that wasn't really my point anyway...so it doesn't matter. The movie flopping has more to do with it's inflated budget and how it was marketed (poorly) than the quality of the film itself.
    There was SIGNIFICANT backlash from the fans outright boycotting it based on feeling betrayed by The Last Jedi. It was a big impact on Solo that really had nothing to do with the movie itself.

I remember not knowing much about the movie at the time except hearing all the backlash and thought it was legitimate reviews on how bad the movie was, and avoided watching it myself. It wasn't until months down the line when I watched it at a friend's place that I realized there was nothing wrong with the movie at all, and he informed me that yeah no one watched it because so many people were 'fed up with Star Wars' after the Last Jedi.

I think it would have done fine in the box office if it didn't follow hotly on the heels of TLJ. It wasn't a bad movie, and I don't think there were any particular problems with the marketting. I can't say much about the budget though, I didn't follow its development too closely.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-31 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    There was SIGNIFICANT backlash from the fans outright boycotting it based on feeling betrayed by The Last Jedi. It was a big impact on Solo that really had nothing to do with the movie itself.

I remember not knowing much about the movie at the time except hearing all the backlash and thought it was legitimate reviews on how bad the movie was, and avoided watching it myself. It wasn't until months down the line when I watched it at a friend's place that I realized there was nothing wrong with the movie at all, and he informed me that yeah no one watched it because so many people were 'fed up with Star Wars' after the Last Jedi.

I think it would have done fine in the box office if it didn't follow hotly on the heels of TLJ. It wasn't a bad movie, and I don't think there were any particular problems with the marketting. I can't say much about the budget though, I didn't follow its development too closely.
    No, it was more that Ron Howard re-shot like 70% of the film after he was hired to replace Lord and Miller. That basically doubled the budget. Without that, even with all the other issues, it would have been a modest success.

They also dropped the movie into a crowded window.... with Deadpool 2 and Infinity War being in theaters at the same time. They should have stuck to their traditional December release.

Marketing was absolutely awful too. Probably because the Production budget got jacked up so much...Disney had to cut costs on promotion.

I know some fans boycotted Solo as well...but that's usually a small but loud minority.

Solo was hurt by having to follow TLJ. I didn't even see Solo in theatres and I'm a huge star wars fan. I watched it like a year later and it was actually decent.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They never told us how long he was with the Tuskans. A decent amount of time would help explain his new outlook on life, going from a self centered lower who was on speed dial with the likes of Vader to someone who had a clan. At least 2 or three years? We don't know but seems like a good minimum time frame.
    I think his new outlook on life is best described by another clone posing as Boba.

I’m assuming it’s Rex. There’s two things giving this away. First, Rex knows how to fight. Boba doesn’t. Second, Rex knows how to lead in battle. Boba is a self centred putz riding on his dad’s reputation and armor.

I think Rex was disguised as a Stormtrooper and got stuck in the Sarlaac. That person we saw crawling out of the pit was actually Rex and he stole Boba’s shit after killing him. It makes a lot more sense than Boba showing competency in battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I think his new outlook on life is best described by another clone posing as Boba.

I’m assuming it’s Rex. There’s two things giving this away. First, Rex knows how to fight. Boba doesn’t. Second, Rex knows how to lead in battle. Boba is a self centred putz riding on his dad’s reputation and armor.

I think Rex was disguised as a Stormtrooper and got stuck in the Sarlaac. That person we saw crawling out of the pit was actually Rex and he stole Boba’s shit after killing him. It makes a lot more sense than Boba showing competency in battle.
    I love this theory. Probably wouldn't be Rex, could be a Clone. Rex canonically fought at Endor though retconing that wouldn't be significant. I think it might irritate people who think the Clones lived way past their supposed expiration dates.

Wouldn't change the story much besides denying the real Boba Fett a redemption arc, which really wouldn't matter because people are invested in the legend of Boba Fett, not actual man behind the mask. It just means the man behind the mask died unceremoniously while a Clone transformed the legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Solo was hurt by having to follow TLJ. I didn't even see Solo in theatres and I'm a huge star wars fan. I watched it like a year later and it was actually decent.
    yup. Everything went wrong. Timing, marketing, budget, and after TLJ no one cared.
    Deadpool stole our hearts...(it was Valentines day I believe)

5+ Year Old Account
    don't think we'll see the bad batch, which is a shame that a show has to be take into consideration other shows..if they show up, we'll know they'll survive season 2, or who wouldn't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    yup. Everything went wrong. Timing, marketing, budget, and after TLJ no one cared.
    Deadpool stole our hearts...(it was Valentines day I believe)
    Saw Deadpool and Solo. Enjoyed Solo but it felt out of place. Almost no one even it was out among people I know IRL except me and another SW die hard. People we like, "you saw the new SW movie? Didn't it just come out in December".

I don't know anyone who eventually saw it that were mad they saw it. It just shows that Disney was sloppy with the movies and screwed up on their delivery. Solo probably would have done fine if they released it later with real marketing. The final actually would have made money if they had gone with it in the first.

The Solo flop basically led to Disney caning all the movies they had planned (I think Obi and Boba Fett were supposed to be movies at the time) and restructuring.