Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought that Jabba only had his crime organization on Tatooine. But I'm not that much into Hutt lore

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This show is beginning to suffer from wokeness

"We steal water because we have no money because we have no jobs and the greedy capitalist raised prices"
    "We also have fancy cybernetics, hoverbikes, and clothes"

And Boba is literally a social worker.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    This show is suffering from a lack of scope. Jabba's territory spanned star systems this show would now have us believe his empire was a single town and Boba Fett is left playing Sim City with it. There's a reason both the Empire and the Republic had dealings with Jabba and it's not because he lorded over a single town on a planet outside their jurisdiction.

Those speederbikes his gang are using look terrible too, what did they just CGI the wheels off some mopeds?
    It was never just a city, tatooine is probably low on the twins list to fight over...like Fennec said, they would prefer boba n the pykes fight.
    I was suspicious of the twins appearance, they only had a wookie with them. N boba expected them to be too busy with nal hutta...so this all seems like minor interest tatooine aquisition...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

"We steal water because we have no money because we have no jobs and the greedy capitalist raised prices"

def not my fav episode...I think this episode is too much like one of filoni's animated shows..not all clone wars/rebels episodes were good, this felt like one of them...
    the space sc00ter gang, felt like those sisters ahsoka hanged with in last season of clone wars..
    I dont think this was woke, just too much cartoon..

I liked the black krrsantian fight.
    Suspicious of the rancor "gift" they prob wanted to get ridd of her, I'm convinced now it's Muchi from the Bad Batch.

I can't wait to see Boba ride Muchi through town

I wonder if we'll get to see clone force 99, Wrecker would have easily defeated black krrsantian..Boba needs some bad asses on his side..Sucks that the tuskens were killed of...chief too, but I didn't see the ninja tusken amongst the dead..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-12 at 11:58 AM.

The Western genre has always been fertile ground for commentary on capitalism and frontier living.

You'd do well to study film before complaining about 'wokeness'.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The Western genre has always been fertile ground for commentary on capitalism and frontier living.
    Hmmm yes often kids in western stories

Unforgiven, True grit, lots of movies, usually not more than two though
    Should just have been the girl, not 3 more no-name bikers..

One of the most famous from the wild west..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-12 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Hmmm yes often kids in western stories

Unforgiven, True grit, lots of movies, usually not more than two though
    Should just have been the girl, not 3 more no-name bikers..
    Boba is building a crime family. These are his button men.

5+ Year Old Account
    Boba is building a crime family. These are his button men.
    I'm not familiar with that term, do u mean cannon fodder?

I'm not familiar with that term, do u mean cannon fodder?
    Mafia soldiers.

This show is suffering from a lack of scope. Jabba's territory spanned star systems this show would now have us believe his empire was a single town and Boba Fett is left playing Sim City with it. There's a reason both the Empire and the Republic had dealings with Jabba and it's not because he lorded over a single town on a planet outside their jurisdiction.

Those speederbikes his gang are using look terrible too, what did they just CGI the wheels off some mopeds?
    This is Disney Star Wars. There's Tatooine... then there's those other places. But everyone recognizes Tatooine, so there's only this planet when it comes to a desert world! Other Hutt facilities? Psh, there's only Tatooine!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    def not my fav episode...I think this episode is too much like one of filoni's animated shows..not all clone wars/rebels episodes were good, this felt like one of them...
    the space sc00ter gang, felt like those sisters ahsoka hanged with in last season of clone wars..
    I dont think this was woke, just too much cartoon..
    The wokeness was with their explanation for their lowly behavior. Their attire and the whole real-life bikes with mirrors and shit - that's just trash from Rodriguez. I could close my eyes on that - but not in the context of their premise. Inconsistent. They could sell all that gear and move to a better planet with jobs rather than keep the gear and complain about capitalism on a backwater criminal planet right after the collapse of the Galactic Empire.

Oh and not to mention the whole transhumanism angle. How good it is. How they made Boba apologize for using English and then made him look like an asshole for it.
    I liked the black krrsantian fight.
    Suspicious of the rancor "gift" they prob wanted to get ridd of her, I'm convinced now it's Muchi from the Bad Batch.
    Since Trejo is involved the rancor is probably sent to EAT the FAT and Danny will die in the end as usual.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2022-01-12 at 12:16 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Rodriguez again? Not a fan of that director n his movies...

Yeah those sc00ters should have looked less flashy..its tatooine, not coruscant..
    Should be more space mad max, less space too fast too furious..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-12 at 02:49 PM.

It was never just a city, tatooine is probably low on the twins list to fight over...like Fennec said, they would prefer boba n the pykes fight.
    I was suspicious of the twins appearance, they only had a wookie with them. N boba expected them to be too busy with nal hutta...so this all seems like minor interest tatooine aquisition...
    Rewatch the beginning of the episode, 8D8 outlines Jabba's territory and it's just Mos Espa. If Fett was actually taking over Jabba's operations as we've seen them in the books, comics and Clone Wars micromanaging a city should be far beneath his notice. How is he even supposed to be managing those operations? He's got all of three henchmen and a couple droids on staff.

I didn't see the ninja tusken amongst the dead..
    Pretty sure she was shown, Boba also threw her gaffi stick on the pyre.

The wokeness was with their explanation for their lowly behavior. Their attire and the whole real-life bikes with mirrors and shit - that's just trash from Rodriguez. I could close my eyes on that - but not in the context of their premise. Inconsistent. They could sell all that gear and move to a better planet with jobs rather than keep the gear and complain about capitalism on a backwater criminal planet right after the collapse of the Galactic Empire.

Oh and not to mention the whole transhumanism angle. How good it is. How they made Boba apologize for using English and then made him look like an asshole for it.

Since Trejo is involved the rancor is probably sent to EAT the FAT and Danny will die in the end as usual.
    Struggling to explain something? BLAME WOKENESS. Jesus, the levels people go to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Rewatch the beginning of the episode, 8D8 outlines Jabba's territory and it's just Mos Espa. If Fett was actually taking over Jabba's operations as we've seen them in the books, comics and Clone Wars micromanaging a city should be far beneath his notice. How is he even supposed to be managing those operations? He's got all of three henchmen and a couple droids on staff.

Pretty sure she was shown, Boba also threw her gaffi stick on the pyre.
    I have to rewatch ep. not with phone...

I haven't seen episode 3 so far, but 2 had a hidden gem or two in them.
    As usual, some find him nauseas, but Doomcock did point out a few things in his latest video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx9_ftsmzEE

And, boy golly, he might be right!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmg3kmq8PKU
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

'Some find might him nauseous'. No, he's a fucking moron and complete bellend.

5+ Year Old Account
    'Some find might him nauseous'. No, he's a fucking moron and complete bellend.
    there are worse, at least this doomcock guy is defending the boba show unlike some..like...yellowflash_2 (that annoying voice, god!), heelsvsbabyface, geeks n gamers, etc. who are shitting all over it...they marketed themselves as anti-kathleen kennedy but really, they like her, cuz she earns them an income from whining eternally, they get lots of salt money from subs...

they say they want better star wars, but that's a lie, I noticed they avoided the Mandalorian season 2 like the plague, cuz they rely on salt so they'll only upload videos that complain, if they actually cared about star wars, they would have been happy about Mando s2, they would have promoted that, but they didn't, they claim they don't watch the show n now say the same about book of boba, but ofc they do watch it at home, they'll just pretend they don't so they focus only on salt content. They only care about money, not star wars...

Me, I prefer watching channels that are in the middle now, that like the new shows but see the faults in the latest trilogy...channel that only focus on being negative are just looking for money, it's sad really..

there are worse, at least this doomcock guy is defending the boba show unlike some..like...yellowflash_2 (that annoying voice, god!), heelsvsbabyface, geeks n gamers, etc. who are shitting all over it...they marketed themselves as anti-kathleen kennedy but really, they like her, cuz she earns them an income from whining eternally, they get lots of salt money from subs...

they say they want better star wars, but that's a lie, I noticed they avoided the Mandalorian season 2 like the plague, cuz they rely on salt so they'll only upload videos that complain, if they actually cared about star wars, they would have been happy about Mando s2, they would have promoted that, but they didn't, they claim they don't watch the show n now say the same about book of boba, but ofc they do watch it at home, they'll just pretend they don't so they focus only on salt content. They only care about money, not star wars...

Me, I prefer watching channels that are in the middle now, that like the new shows but see the faults in the latest trilogy...channel that only focus on being negative are just looking for money, it's sad really..
    All of these ‘fandom menace’ types are bellends. Doesn’t matter if they occasionally say something sensible or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'm not missing out to never ever watch an "opinionating" youtube video about movie or games. All I see here is people copying those opinions how bad everything is. I just enjoy or dislike shows or games without being forced to

Politicized and opinionated videos are always gonna be a mess. I came across a video on my YT feed a couple days back talking about how Book of Boba is anti-woke, while everyone here is talking about how woke the show is. People are gonna see what they want to see, then interject their opinions on top of it.

It's like that Don't Look Up movie where both sides of the political spectrum have praise over it because they see what they wanna see.