Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    the 2004 DVD release of the Special Edition version of Return of the Jedi. It’s there that Lucas shared the following information:

"In the case of Boba Fett's death, had I known he was gonna turn into such a popular character, I probably would've made it a little bit more exciting. Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and bad guys. He became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, he had a very large presence. And now that his history has been told in the first trilogy [Lucas' Star Wars prequels], it makes it even more of a misstep that we wouldn't make more out of the event of his defeat because most people don't believe he died anyway."

"I'd contemplated putting in that extra shot in [Return of the Jedi] where he climbs out of the hole, but I figured that it doesn't quite fit, in the end."
    Huh, didn't even know it was canon that he survived, all these years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they are disgusting ones for sure
    N the krayt dragon nom'd it...so gross

if he will, it would be way later, book of boba fett seems like it is right after Boba helping him with the child, there is time to spare.
    Dunno if it's official talk, heard talk about a bo-khatan series, which makes me wonder since why make it if she doesn't become mandalore again? They only would if she does, so I'm guessing din will not want to become or stay leader..dunno how he will end up
    I suppose a bo-khatan show would be about mandalorian expansionism, or the build up to it

btw they have started filming mando season 3 again, so that's good news

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    kinda sus the thing not dying after having a literal hole on then, especially the way he flee, like, he was rigth there, i would imagine the tentacles to pull him.
    Well, it was hurt because it had a hole that likely hurt. Do you think about eating if you were say stabbed?

It isn't really sus, because to the sarlacc that injury is like a really bad cut. It hurts but isn't life threatening.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    So twitter is in a uproar about the episode because Boba Fett didn't call his ship "Slave I" but "my Firespray gunship" in this episode.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So twitter is in a uproar about the episode because Boba Fett didn't call his ship "Slave I" but "my Firespray gunship" in this episode.
    IDK if it warrants an uproar, but I do think that this particular example is one where they really didn't have to change the name. Just give it a positive backstory or whatever of "I'm owning this word because I never want to be a slave" or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    IDK if it warrants an uproar, but I do think that this particular example is one where they really didn't have to change the name. Just give it a positive backstory or whatever of "I'm owning this word because I never want to be a slave" or whatever.
    The issue is that outside of a few toys, there is nothing that confirms the ship has been renamed.

Even if it was renamed, does it even really matter? Is the ship suddenly less cool because it isn't Slave I?
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    They didnt change the name tho... his ship has always been a Firespray-model in EU, its just named Slave 1 just like Millenium Falcon is a modified YT-1300 freighter.

I dont follow such drama but im fairly sure the people whining about it are those who know nothing of the lore.

It makes more sense calling the ship with its actual model incase shes seen one elsewhere. Theres only one Slave-1 after all but many more Firespray-gunships. (assuming EU is considered canon, which i like to assume since they keep bringing in stuff from it... who knows what else they bring)

- - - Updated - - -

The issue is that outside of a few toys, there is nothing that confirms the ship has been renamed.

Even if it was renamed, does it even really matter? Is the ship suddenly less cool because it isn't Slave I?
    But it hasnt been renamed. They simply canonized the actual ship model of Slave-1. Just like Millenium Falcon is an YT-1300 Freighter.

Ya know I am kinda digging the backstory up to now.

When he got tossed in the Sarlacc, he had time to contemplate his decisions while getting out. He looked at his life to that point found it lacking. When the Tuskens took him in he gained respect for their ways and it stuck on him.

I dont like however the way he is being played out though. I get he is weak and doubting himself, but this aint the boba we grew up withb and read throughout books and comics.

The pacing so far is slow yes, but the interactions are impactful. There is meaning behind each scene. With the end of episode 4 we are gonna see a fast ramp up to taking on the Pikes.

And as far as the transhumanism....... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK is this arguement...... how are we equating Cyborg implants from SWtoR to trans rights....... When I saw the Teenage Meta Cyborg Rangers all I thought was "hey....... they incorporated the Cyborg race class from SWtoR to canon." All my Commandos were Cyborg characters so I was stoked at seeing them.

I do see alot of Fenn doing the brain work for Boba, but you also gotta remember, it was YEARS since Boba dealt with the underworld, he needs someone with the intel of today's underground to help him take his place as Dimyo. I am not analyzing every scene for Wokeness so yeah, I have not really seen it yet outside of the scene with the Wookie and the bar owner.

So far, I have enjoyed each episode, but I like a good story so the pace is good for me but I see it is not for everyone. I want to see more of the Hutt Twins scheming. I doubt they are gonna just leave Jabba's or rather boba's empire alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Ya know I am kinda digging the backstory up to now.

When he got tossed in the Sarlacc, he had time to contemplate his decisions while getting out. He looked at his life to that point found it lacking. When the Tuskens took him in he gained respect for their ways and it stuck on him.

I dont like however the way he is being played out though. I get he is weak and doubting himself, but this aint the boba we grew up withb and read throughout books and comics.

The pacing so far is slow yes, but the interactions are impactful. There is meaning behind each scene. With the end of episode 4 we are gonna see a fast ramp up to taking on the Pikes.

And as far as the transhumanism....... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK is this arguement...... how are we equating Cyborg implants from SWtoR to trans rights....... When I saw the Teenage Meta Cyborg Rangers all I thought was "hey....... they incorporated the Cyborg race class from SWtoR to canon." All my Commandos were Cyborg characters so I was stoked at seeing them.

I do see alot of Fenn doing the brain work for Boba, but you also gotta remember, it was YEARS since Boba dealt with the underworld, he needs someone with the intel of today's underground to help him take his place as Dimyo. I am not analyzing every scene for Wokeness so yeah, I have not really seen it yet outside of the scene with the Wookie and the bar owner.

So far, I have enjoyed each episode, but I like a good story so the pace is good for me but I see it is not for everyone. I want to see more of the Hutt Twins scheming. I doubt they are gonna just leave Jabba's or rather boba's empire alone.
    Do you not know what transhumanism is?
    –The Sith Code

Makes no sense to given the context of the line. Why would Fennec know his ship's name? It would be like if I named my car Bertha and just told someone Bertha is missing after I lost my car rather than describing the make and model.

The episode overall overall pretty good. Better E3 at least.

The bad : The flashback felt way too slow. Getting the ship felt way too long and then they strangely just skipped through him killing Bib Fortuna. Also, I don't get why he would think his armor was in the Sarlacc knowing the nature of Jawas

The good : Black Krrsantan as usual, Master Chef Grievous, Boba actually acting like a crime boss for once in this series, and obvious Din Djarin cameo that's coming.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-01-20 at 03:11 AM.

Do you not know what transhumanism is?
    Sorry, but I have decided to cut myself off from society about 8 or so years ago. I occasionally peek out every one in a while and NOPE........ I choose to remain in seclusion.

So no I dont know what transhumanism is but from the word itself, I dont think I want to risk what few bits of brain cells and sanity to find out. I will just stay in my own little pocket of earth

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but I have decided to cut myself off from society about 8 or so years ago. I occasionally peek out every one in a while and NOPE........ I choose to remain in seclusion.

So no I dont know what transhumanism is but from the word itself, I dont think I want to risk what few bits of brain cells and sanity to find out. I will just stay in my own little pocket of earth
    Uhh... transhumanism is basically using technology to further the biological advancement of the human race. The term has been around for about 60 years and the concept has been around for centuries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    N the krayt dragon nom'd it...so gross
    the one from mandolarian? he seems much less disgusting than the sarlac

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lots of animals survive having literal holes put in them. Especially when the hole is relatively small in comparison to their body. See most predators.
    not when the whole is in their stomach, lmao.

After this episode I’m convinced the cyborg stuff was put in to explain Fennec surviving as much as anything. She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes? Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.

I’m more concerned with Fett forgetting where he left his armor. Explanation? Someone really wanted to do a sarlacc pit scene and just said fuck it and did one without any logic to it whatsoever.

I really need to rewatch Mandalorian. Perhaps being decent live action Star Wars after such a drought blinded me to its faults. It’s tough watching a show when you get taken out of the episode multiple times each week, and I don’t remember that once in Mandolorian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Makes no sense to given the context of the line. Why would Fennec know his ship's name? It would be like if I named my car Bertha and just told someone Bertha is missing after I lost my car rather than describing the make and model.

The episode overall overall pretty good. Better E3 at least.

The bad : The flashback felt way too slow. Getting the ship felt way too long and then they strangely just skipped through him killing Bib Fortuna. Also, I don't get why he would think his armor was in the Sarlacc knowing the nature of Jawas

The good : Black Krrsantan as usual, Master Chef Grievous, Boba actually acting like a crime boss for once in this series, and obvious Din Djarin cameo that's coming.
    Exactly, why would she know the ships name? So he calls it by the model name. The model of the ship isn't unique in canon. Mandalore was full of them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account

Transhumanism is using technology to improve humanity. Like replacing body parts with robotic parts, or genetic alterations.

It is a big thing is some sci fi series, just not Star Wars really.

Also, to my knowledge, Transhumanism isn't a new concept at all.

- - - Updated - - -

the one from mandolarian? he seems much less disgusting than the sarlac

Humans, who are animals, can survive with a hole in their stomach. So can a lot of animals.

What kills you when that happens is normally an infection, not the hole itself, or if it is a hole that the bleeding isn't stopped, bleeding out.

Dude, please do some basic googling before you make a claim.

Seriously, while yes death is possible. That hole is minor to the sarlacc and they have multiple digestive chambers.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-20 at 12:18 PM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Hole. The word is hole. And yes, even when something gets a small hole in its stomach it can survive. Especially big fictional monsters.
    sure dude, might be watching too much fiction

7+ Year Old Account
    Humans, who are animals, can survive with a hole in their stomach.
    Yeah, with proper treatment, lmao

Dude, please do some basic googling before you make a claim.
    and yet, none of you brought a single example of someone living out with a literal hole out of their stomachs.

- - - Updated - - -

You might need to stop watching sci fi/fantasy type stuff since you get so upset at anything that doesn’t align with your head canon.
    except isn't upsetting me, , like, at all, i just made a comment remarking the thing not dying, because i though it did, you rly don't need to bitch about everything said lol

5+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Din Djarin appears, except maybe on those galactic phones saying Boba should talk to the bounty hunters guild on Nevarro. We'll probably see Carl Weathers again. No Cara Dune, but might be referenced as a fuck you to KK.

While many think it would be cool if Din Djarin appears in person, it wouldn't make sense when most Mandalorians don't even know who he is, is reluctant 'leader'(?), suddenly would say,
    "yeah, there is this non-Mandalorian shady guy, wearing beskar, that needs help to create a criminal empire, why don't we drop the planet-Mandalore-invasion-plans n help out the crook instead? He helped me rescue a cute green baby once, so you should feel bad if you don't help him out!"
    I doubt that would fly with the Mandalorian society..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-20 at 06:35 PM.

That would depend on the animal, and the size of the hole.

Plenty of animals can survive having their stomach punctured in some way; not in EVERY way, but certainly there are ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    After this episode I’m convinced the cyborg stuff was put in to explain Fennec surviving as much as anything. She got messed up that bad, in that area of her body, and lived for more than a few minutes? Oh they happened to find a super cyber surgeon? In dust bowl Tatooine? Why yes, there’s a huge cyborg culture there, don’t you know? That’s as much a Star Wars roll with it explanation as you can get.
    I don't mind the cyborg culture in and of themselves, cybernetic enhancement is a trait the protags of the first 2 trilogies share afterall, but they dress and act like no one on tatooine. They feel like foreigners.

That said...how old is Fennec supposed to be? They've mentioned Boba being old a few times, but shouldn't she be older? She was an adult in Bad Batch while Boba was shown as a kid. He also specifically doesn't artificially age faster.