Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because you and the other guy were arguing that "many animals can live with a literal hole in their stomaches'', you even said including ''predators''.

Is just that you can't stick on your pants, its only missing you talk about loki show again lmao
    Because you said it was unbelievable to you.
    You cannot say something in a public square and complain that people call you out on it, correct you on it, or questioned it.

The Sarlacc surviving that is 100% in line with the lore of Star Wars. There are animals that can survive with holes in their stomach in the real world.

Therefore, you finding it unbelievable makes zero sense because you have nothing to base that on. The lore does not support you. Reality does not support you. Here is the thing, I am okay with you saying it was "unbelievable" but when people point out that it isn't, rather than admit your assumption was wrong. You turn around a play semantics.

This is a pattern with you. No one can win any argument with you because you will always move a goal post or two.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-20 at 11:33 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    I got a horrible feeling that the suits that pushed kathleen kennedy to thrust a star wars movie, every.single.year are all giddy after the success of the Mandalorian, that we are seeing their influence n KK's goons inserting lots of stupid crap, they don't seem to understand that they need to let things breathe for them to be successful, don't try to shove every imaginable food into the golden goose, or it will choke!

It's horrid that rodriguez has failed so hard, honestly they should have let director from ep.2 Steph Green do all his episodes...
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1576181/?ref_=tt_ov_dr
    I'd rather watch her making an entire season by herself with flash backs, than this...I think it was a good decision to hand over Kenobi to one director.
    While the Mandolorian was successful with lots of different directors, it felt like Disney had low expectations so their interference was low...

I hope the backlash will sober people up at disney..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-20 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Them not knowing who Din is becomes irrelevant the second he ignites the dark sabre.

Pretty sure Boba Fett is very well known among them.
    Fett wasn't very well liked. Definitely not among the Mandalorians in part due to his genetics other part being someone who worked with the Empire.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Because they can, your ignorance of biology is a you thing.
    Per the Loki thread, he claims he is well educated in biology.

KK was involved in every SW project since the acquisition. Pretending the stuff you dislike is all her fault while the stuff you like has nothing to do with her is… special.
    Hey, this is something you and I agree on. Kennedy literally hired Filoni and Favreau to do what they are doing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account

KK was involved in every SW project since the acquisition. Pretending the stuff you dislike is all her fault while the stuff you like has nothing to do with her is… special.
    Lucas propped her up as well. I think a lot of people just assume she popped up with Disney. She has been involved with the Lucasfilm ecosystem (primarily ILM) longer than some of us have been alive - at least me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Lucas propped her up as well. I think a lot of people just assume she popped up with Disney. She has been involved with the Lucasfilm ecosystem (primarily ILM) longer than some of us have been alive - at least me.
    She is literally the person Lucas picked to replace him as head of Lucasfilm.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Fett wasn't very well liked. Definitely not among the Mandalorians in part due to his genetics other part being someone who worked with the Empire.
    Uhm, genetics? The first Mandalorians weren't even human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    if you can quote, the word "unbelievable" in any of my comments about the Sarlac then we can end this discussion here.

Spoilers: you will not find it, cause i never said that, its another strawman from you.

I merely aid it was a bit of sus the thing living out after the way he get out of his stomach., especially because Boba was right there he could in theory, have grabbed him back.

Because they can, your ignorance of biology is a you thing.
    And why didn't you gave any examples of any predators living with a hole in their stomach? find a lion, a hyena, a aligator any of those with a hole, then you can talk shit like that.

Animals die like that, they suffer blood loss and all sorts of infections, stomach acid would flow into internal organs, all sorts of problems.

One thing is a fantasy monsters, so please, go pester someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah… totally propped her up. Despite all evidence he himself is pretty incompetent when given complete control.
    I mean the merits of Lucas is definitely a discussion to be had. I notice a lot of people who a quick to dismiss KK hold Lucas very high in terms of decision making and running Lucasfilm.

yeah, tell me why you always want to pick a fight for bs.

i just said i was surprised the thing was alive, it lived, good, end of the story.
    To be honest, Star Wars is already full of this stuff. It's just narrative dramatization that you're not meant to dwell too much on.

Like the Sarlacc is supposed to cause agonizing torture as you are slowly digested for 'a thousand years', which sounds more threatening than it really is. You will likely die of other causes first, like suffocation/thirst/hunger/physical trauma well before then. Also, being digested over that long of a period means the enzymes will barely do anything to you since they're meant to work over hundreds of years, unlike the show which has Boba suffering acid burns immediately from just climbing into the thing.

I mean, I didn't see you complaining about this for the past four decades when this was first mentioned in Return of the Jedi. Not quite sure why a hole in a stomach suddenly irks you about not being realistic. Star Wars is space fantasy fiction, not real life.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-21 at 12:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s a tiny hole in one stomach, not a massive wound to its bowels. Go read a biology text.
    a tiny hole big enough to get a man out, and he grind his way out with flames and by tearing the tissues out, like i said, i was just surprised, but i don't dispute the possibility of the thing living, never said it was impossible.

the problem is how you pedantically, tried to bring real world animals here to compare with a fictional nonsensical beast, just shows who the real ignorant is.

the problem is how you pedantically, tried to bring real world animals here to compare with a fictional nonsensical beast, just shows who the real ignorant is.
    I'm sorry, and the basis for your claim that a hole in the stomach should be a problem for this alien beast is based on what, exactly? Not comparison to the real world, SURELY?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm sorry, and the basis for your claim that a hole in the stomach should be a problem for this alien beast is based on what, exactly? Not comparison to the real world, SURELY?
    because other aliens had holes in their bodies and died just fine? lmao

the problem is to say "animals totally live with a hole in their bodies, so the alien beast can", when most animals don't.

Again, not saying is impossible, i was just surprised by the Sarlac living.

7+ Year Old Account
    if you can quote, the word "unbelievable" in any of my comments about the Sarlac then we can end this discussion here.

Spoilers: you will not find it, cause i never said that, its another strawman from you.

I merely aid it was a bit of sus the thing living out after the way he get out of his stomach., especially because Boba was right there he could in theory, have grabbed him back.
    Once again, you don't understand the concept of a strawman.

Sus is short for suspicious, being suspicious is not finding something believable or questioning. You literally do not have to use the word "unbelievable" it is only a strawman if I change the meaning of your argument and using unbelievable for it does not change your argument.

Thanks for literally proving I didn't strawman you.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    Once again, you don't understand the concept of a strawman.

Sus is short for suspicious, being suspicious is not finding something believable.

Thanks for literally proving I didn't strawman you.
    so you took "kinda sus" to literally "i think is completely unbelievable"

When suspicious, is the idea of questionable, or having a cautious distrust of something.

Thanks for literally proving you strawman here.

7+ Year Old Account
    so you took "kinda sus" to literally "i think is completely unbelievable"

When suspicious, is the idea of questionable, or having a cautious distrust of something.

Thanks for literally proving you strawman here.
    That's literally not strawmanning.

Also, if you are correct about strawmanning, you literally just strawmanned me because I never said you found it completely unbelievable, merely you found it unbelievable. That's actually closer to a real strawman.

Once again, you have no idea what a strawman is.

You are right now arguing I strawmanned you because you found something that you question (ie find unbelievable) and I literally just used a different word that says the same thing.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-21 at 12:26 AM.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    That's literally not strawmanning.

Also, if you are correct about strawmanning, you literally just strawmanned me because I never said you found it completely unbelievable, merely you found it unbelievable. That's actually closer to a real strawman.

Once again, you have no idea what a strawman is.
    Your point is that i said the sarlac dying was unbelievable:

I never said that, thus, your attempt in refuting "my idea of the thing living unbelievable", when its a point i never made. Since you made it yourself to attack, you made a strawman

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

I mean, I didn't see you complaining about this for the past four decades when this was first mentioned in Return of the Jedi. Not quite sure why a hole in a stomach suddenly irks you about not being realistic. Star Wars is space fantasy fiction, not real life.
    Im not complaining, im not making a big deal, neither upset, I just find weird the thing not dying before, but i have no problems whatsoever.

Like, there is no reasons for this much of bitching, at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your point is that i said the sarlac dying is unbelievable:

I never said that, thus, your attempt in refuting "my idea of the thing living unbelievable", when its a point i never made, you made it yourself to attack. Therefore, you made a strawman
    This is just playing semantics because you don't understand what a strawman is. Saying you find it unbelievable when you have spent hours arguing that it doesn't make sense to you on some level it didn't die, isn't a strawman. It is the only conclusion from your argument.

You literally have proved it isn't a strawman but are pretending it somehow is.

Once again, you either are wrong about what a strawman is or you are strawmanning me now. In which case, you lose all rights to complain about strawmanning.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just playing semantics because you don't understand what a strawman is. Saying you find it unbelievable,
    i am the one "trying to play with semantics" when you are the one making up that i said it was unbelievable,

when you have spent hours arguing that it doesn't make sense to you on some level it didn't die
    Nope, i was just surprised/find weird the thing not dying by how he came out, you are free to fight over that, but seems like a waste.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i was just surprised/find weird the thing not dying by how he came out, you are free to fight over that, but seems like a waste.
    This is literally saying you find it to be unbelievable. Seriously, I don't get why you are so upset over this to cry "Strawman!"

Like seriously, you are getting upset over a word that doesn't actually change your position (which FYI is required for it to be a strawman).
    –The Sith Code