Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn what a great episode - but it's a bit of an indictment of the show that one of the best episodes was straight up an episode from a different show in all but name

Let's hope the scooter-kids BS was a blip and we continue straight up from here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...i think he needs a mothership, cuz the razor crest was not just transport, it was his house, it's where he had all his stuff in one place, where he slept, where he ate. Part of him, it's like your car + house/apartment all in one.

If someone blew up your car and your house, you can't just have a new car n that's the end of it, a new fast car is cool but would you want to sleep in one? Is he going to sleep in that speedy naboo ship? he can't even move around.. it's little more than a pod-racer..

edit: the razor crest was more like a motorhome, now he needs a mothership for his naboo ship

Lucasfilm need to consider the reaction to this episode, n episode 2, n not give any more jobs to rodriguez..

Watching it again, that dark saber lore, armorer saying giving the blade to someone who hasn't earned it, will doom their civilization, so after Sabine created the Duchess, returns to destroy the Duchess n liberate Mandalore...all of that was in vain cuz she handed over her darksaber? So she is as hated as before, if not a whole lot more? Lol
    Girl can't catch a break...
    or at least that's what the cultists think like, Sabine is soo different to them..

the beskar armor to grogu..must be a lord of the rings easter egg, mithril shirt, since it was a bunch of loose rings we saw, what else could it be? but don't make sense for starwars since all the spaces lazerz could get through..maybe it's for him growing? That happens slowly so he could be wearing it for a long time.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-26 at 11:03 PM.

I'm not good with Star Wars lore... do we know dyson spheres are canon?

A civilization able to build a ring world would rule the fucking universe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

i have to watch show again, but wasn't it just some ring? dyson spheres are supposed to circle a sun?

this ring was probably like something out of the movie Elysium?

- - - Updated - - -

I have it! Since Din prefer's gear with no colors, like his uncolored beskar armor, metallic razor crest n now naboo n1 fighter

a ship that could attach the small naboo n1 fighter could be a naboo J-type Diplomatic Barge!
    Imagine if he pimped that one up! if the stats I read are accurate, that bad boy is faster than a tie fighter!

or he should sell the n1 fighter n get the larger ship instead, with that speed don't need the smaller one..

It was heavily damaged in that explosion in coruscant, but not destroyed. Naboo made a new ship just like it, so the damaged ship was probably abandoned, so it could be god knows where today...and because it's so astronomically expensive to build or fix, it will prob be stored for years in some rich dude's garage for ages. Maybe with the pykes? It just needs to be flyable to snatch it, so it might be fixed just enough, n the owner gave up on it after a while..

Han Solo: Han Solo. I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon. Chewie says you're looking for a passage to the Alderaan system.
    Ben Kenobi: Yes indeed, if it's a fast ship.
    Han Solo: Fast ship? You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?
    Ben Kenobi: No. Should I have?
    Han Solo: It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I've outrun Imperial starships, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now. She's fast enough for you, old man. What's the cargo?
    Ben Kenobi: Only passengers. Myself, the boy, two droids, [seriously] and no questions asked.
    Han Solo: What is it, some kind of local trouble?
    Ben Kenobi: Let's just say we'd like to avoid any Imperial entanglements.
    Han Solo: Well that's the real trick, isn't it? And it's gonna cost you extra. Ten thousand, all in advance.
    Luke Skywalker: [shocked] Ten thousand!? We could almost buy our own ship for that!
    10,000 but the naboo ship cost, millions...MILLIONS..(2,000,000) obviously you only need the hull, engines functional, rest could be replaced by far cheaper normal ship parts, unless you want to rob the bank in nal hutta..

Ship was unarmed, but heavily shielded, so Din could arm it.

a comparison, couldn't find anything on the razor crest but it prob didn't come close anyways
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-27 at 01:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I don't even think we've started the war for Mandalore yet. Din's likely having his post Grogu midlife crisis where he hasn't a clue what he's doing and goes back to bounty work.

We'll probably see the start of the Mandalore arc in season 3.
    Called it.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Much less impressive than turning a planet into a superweapon that can somehow destroy multiple other planets in one shot - and THAT wasn't enough to rule, somehow

DAMN THOSE EXHAUST PORTS, WHY DO WE KEEP PUTTING THEM INTO OUR BATTLESTATIONS?!

All that aside, the ring depicted is actually way smaller than you might think - not all that unfeasible at all for a civilization with SW's level of technology. You can grasp the scale from some of the wider shots, and of course the fact that the light terminator just ZOOMS past; this is not a megastructure on the scale of a Dyson sphere or Dyson ring. It's more like a large space station.

Imagine being the creative team behind bringing back Boba Fett, the most badass bounty hunter in the galaxy and you're all so creatively bankrupt that you can't even fill 7 episodes, and have to have 1/7 as filler episode about a completely different character.

Don't get me wrong, it was a cool episode, easily the best so far... But that's more of a damning indictment of this show and Boba Fett now.

I excuse it all to myself, I sugarcoat my views, I try and see other people's point of view and arguments... But honestly.... this show really is just TRASH, and has kinda ruined Boba Fett as a character. Sometimes less really is more.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    She put in engine parts? Also droids experience vaccum of space, I doubt that area is sealed up to transfer anyone alive.
    The droid port is behind the pilot, not in front, aaaaaand it was sealed.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    The droid port is behind the pilot, not in front, aaaaaand it was sealed.
    you are right

it could easily fit grogu n the froglady's egg tank,
    grogu wouldn't complain

10+ Year Old Account

Ring structures are not unheard of. The Kuat shipyards, where Star Destroyers are built, is a ring around the planet Kuat. The Death Star is the size a small moon, a habitaltal ring is nothing in comparison. Starkill Base eats stars. Remember SW isn't conventiional sci-fi and somethings are stretchs are the imagination.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it too hokey that it's going to turn out that N1 is the same one Anakin flew in the Battle for Naboo?

Also my mouth is already watering for when we get the scene of the N1 and Slave I flying in unison absolutely shredding the Pyke syndicate.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is it too hokey that it's going to turn out that N1 is the same one Anakin flew in the Battle for Naboo?
    the anakin ship should have some special marking this ship should also had (before Din removed all paint?) but that is rumor, people prob claim it's anakin's before even finding out whether it is..

Also my mouth is already watering for when we get the scene of the N1 and Slave I flying in unison absolutely shredding the Pyke syndicate.
    that's what this show needs, it's star wars, need space fights, combination of fire power n n1's speed a very deadly combination

I absolutely expect that. Doesn't seem too far-fetched to think that it ended up on Tatooine - who else involved with Naboo had a particular connection to Naboo?

You could even go further: what if it's Anakin's N1, and the way it got to Tatooine is because that's the ship Obi-Wan used to flee there after Ep3...

10+ Year Old Account

Do you remember who the showrunners off? I just assumed its Anakin's until we're shown otherwise. They love fan service (me too). Begger Canyons, Wamp Rats, junk peddling Jawas, Republic-era droids and constant callbacks to stuff we saw in the prequels like hyperspace rings? All of that was very intentional fanservice.

I hope they never confirm it, just let people speculate.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I absolutely expect that. Doesn't seem too far-fetched to think that it ended up on Tatooine - who else involved with Naboo had a particular connection to Naboo?

You could even go further: what if it's Anakin's N1, and the way it got to Tatooine is because that's the ship Obi-Wan used to flee there after Ep3...
    Sabe was sent to Tatooine to attempt to free Anakin's mother alongside Tonra. So, it is possible we may find out other people were sent by Amidala to attempt to free Shmi. It is 100% possible the ship Anakin flew could have gone to Tatooine.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Was a good episode of course. Felt like it even would of been a good 1st episode of Mandolorian S3.

Doesn't really help the series as whole as it already felt disjointed with the flashbacks. Curious to see what's in store for the last 2 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's a fantastic shout, will probably find that out in Kenobi.

I can just see Din catching up with Luke and him figuring out it was his Dad's first ship.

Which also gives me slight hope of seeing Luke in an X-Wing again some day. Which again, is fan service and I don't care because yes please give it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Eh… I don’t think we ever saw him flying one in Episode 3 and it’d be weird to swap his ship for a fighter that was desperately needed against the new Empire. Especially if he just ditched it in the sand. It’d be a fun meta thing, but overall it feels hard to truly connect. Hell, just linking it as Anakin’s from Ep 1 to Obi Wan would be tough. But, this is Star Wars. Vader built C3PO. So any stupid connection is possible.
    By the time Kenobi went into hiding the purge was under way and the temple had been raided. It's possible all the Jedi Starfighters were destroyed, that or the docking rings around Coruscant were taken out of comission so there was no hyperdrive functionality.

There's ways to spin it that he needed a ship, guess we'll just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

N this why u are on ignore, with ur shitposting, i wouldn't have been talking about Sabine if I didn't know about different mandos. My point was that armorer could call someone not following her cult rules (tarr vizla) a mando, yet turned around n said Din Djarin isn't a mando for also not following her cult rules. She is not consistent.
    While it is a contradiction that is kinda a point about cults in general. Sometimes cults look at historical or individuals of legend and view them as members of the cult. Even if those people contradict the laws of the cult. Particularly when the subject of that legend was the original wielder of a weapon of legend and myth. The cornerstone of the religion if you will. Cults are not meant to be places of logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They weren't destroying bunkers and nukes need no weakening. Not to mention that conventional bombs are useless against bunkers because that's what bunkers are for, hence we have nukes that penetrate bunkers. I'm sure they had those a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
    It was just Michael Bay all over again.
    Why do you assume that bombs being dropped from a galaxy spanning empire capable of blowing up planets are at least equivalent to low-grade nukes?

Assuming TIE Bombers routinely hit targets with all kinds of tech-babble shield in the franchise, shields designed to whether all kinds of kinetic and energy impacts, we can assume their yields are at least on up their with nukes. Again, bolts of plasma are common in this universe as rocks are in ours.

Its obvious the Empire didn't just glass the planet from orbit because they wanted to (and did) strip the planet of all its resources. Hence a more conventional air/ground Invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He wasn’t flying a Jedi Starfighter when he brought Amidala to have the twins. All that was the end of Episode 3 basically. He COULD have taken a N1 when he left, seems a weird thing to deprive Organa of though.
    I don't Organa was really planning on fighting then. I'm thinking it's probably a good 10 years before fighting really started to pop off. Also Aldarran had enough resources to stand on its own. Pawning off one old starfighter would have been fine.

Just brainstorming how they would explain it being the same fighter Anakin used. Not any less cheesy than CP3PO being a droid built by Anakin then later a player in the defeat the Empire...and again the final defeat of Palpatine. We know the odds of such things are unrealistic by they check out in SW.