Page 1 of 54
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[TV] Disney+ Star Wars: The book of Boba Fett

I'm hoping for 4-6 episodes, maybe more than 1 per week, or....we could have 4 at least an hour long episodes.

He seems to be settling down on Tattoine, but who knows, he might get himself a small fortune n then head to Kamino n clone himself? Provided that facility is up n running. I wonder, what happened to the Kamino imperial scientist from s02ep08?

Will Boba be like Maul controlling a large criminal network?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13668894/
    https://www.starwars.com/news/the-book-of-boba-fett
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwwrezdcLiA

Disney Unveils First Details of ‘Mandalorian’ Spinoff ‘The Book of Boba Fett’

https://variety.com/2020/streaming/n...an-1234867727/
    By Manori Ravindran Dec 21, 2020 7:09am PT

News of the show was first unveiled in a mysterious post-credits sequence following the season 2 finale of “The Mandalorian.” On Monday, executive producer Jon Favreau confirmed the new show — which is its own series, rather than a third installment of “The Mandalorian,” as many mistakenly assumed previously — will star Boba Fett actor Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen, who plays bounty hunter Fennec Shand.

The series will be executive produced by Favreau and Dave Filoni, along with helmer Robert Rodriguez, who directed the thrilling Chapter 14 (“The Tragedy”) episode in season 2.

“Book of Boba Fett” will also be set within the timeline of “The Mandalorian.” The series will debut in Dec. 2021, and is currently in production, according to Favreau, who announced the news on “Good Morning America.” This means the spinoff will come out well before season 3 of “The Mandalorian.”

Boba Fett first entered the Star Wars universe in 1980’s “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.” Jeremy Bulloch, the original actor who played Boba, passed away last week, but Disney has promised that “his legacy, including all he brought to Boba Fett, goes on. ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ will carry that legacy forward.”

In the snippet following last week’s finale, Morrison’s Boba Fett returns to the palace of Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine and obliterates its new inhabitants. Once they’re all dead, he sits on Jabba’s throne with Fennec Shand by his side, as an ominous title appears declaring “The Book of Boba Fett, coming December 2021.”

Boba was shown to be alive and well in the season 2 premiere of “The Mandalorian,” after he was last seen falling to his supposed death in the Sarlacc Pit in “Return of the Jedi.” In later episodes, Boba regained his iconic green armor from the Mandalorian and proved to be essential in the mission to rescue Baby Yoda from Moff Gideon.

When Boba enters Jabba’s throne room in the credits sequence, he finds Bib Fortuna, the latter’s former chief of staff, occupying the throne, and promptly takes care of him. With Bib squared away, could Boba be poised to take over Jabba’s criminal underworld? All will be revealed…next December.

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-22 at 02:18 AM.

I like the idea of him going back and re-visiting Kamino. It would be the character coming full circle in the greater saga.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be a bad idea to clone a clone. Boba is a clone of Jango after all...just not modified like the clones used by the Emperor in his grand deceit of the Republic.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I like the idea of him going back and re-visiting Kamino. It would be the character coming full circle in the greater saga.
    mmm, yes, otherwise he'll just be another criminal dude, cloning himself, he'll have a father son relationship like it was with Jango n Boba.

He...will probably not go to Kamino until the end if he does, maybe he gets in trouble with the Hutts, especially Jabba's more powerful relatives, who'll not be happy Jabba is dead, now Fortuna too, then Boba starts a rival network, could ruffle a lot of feathers. I mean lard. Boba's actions might be the last straw..

I mean, we need a bad guy n Boba should have his own story n not be Din Djarin's sidekick..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZczsiCfQQk

Didn't know about this, apparently Guillermo del Toro wanted to make a SW gangster movie about the Hutts, would be cool if he could direct an episode..
    https://metro.co.uk/2015/07/15/why-a...thing-5296726/

I hope this show will be brutal...n have scary stuff like monsters, A bunch of Rancors n what not, new monsters maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    It would be a bad idea to clone a clone. Boba is a clone of Jango after all...just not modified like the clones used by the Emperor in his grand deceit of the Republic.
    They probably have Jango's stuff on Kamino, since they mass-produced him. If facility is intact, shouldn't be a problem. So maybe this will be a younger brother to Boba, who is also his father, who is also himself...uh...

Clones. Weird.

Maybe Boba has Jango's stuff in cold storage himself, just need facility. Jango may have taken care of it himself, for the future.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-12-22 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 45 min episodes is all I need.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There's a myriad options for where this could go.

What's Boba's current motivation? He got his armor back. He squared his debt with Din. What's next? Carving a fortune out for himself out of the remnants of Jabba's organization? Looking up old friends/enemies/both?

Chances are we'll have some grand driving factor - something out of his past perhaps, maybe relating to Jango's trooper legacy and/or the Kaminoans; or something from his bounty-hunting days; or something else entirely we have no idea about yet.

Exciting!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I have no real idea what the show will be about. Given the teaser, it doesn't seem to be a show about Bounty hunting, even though that would be cool.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Boba was shown to be alive and well in the season 2 premiere of “The Mandalorian,” after he was last seen falling to his supposed death in the Sarlacc Pit in “Return of the Jedi.”
    Boba got owned by a blind dude because he was an incompetent putz riding on his daddy's rep. He's the Donald Trump of Bounty Hunters.

We know this new guy is an imposter because he's actually pretty good in a fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Boba got owned by a blind dude because he was an incompetent putz riding on his daddy's rep. He's the Donald Trump of Bounty Hunters.

We know this new guy is an imposter because he's actually pretty good in a fight.
    He is incompetent because he ignore a blind guy because he was focused on the Jedi that was fighting?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett Could Give Cad Bane the Story He Deserves.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-book-o...ad-bane-story/
    BY IAN GOODWILLIE - APR 23, 2021

Star Wars: The Clone Wars has proven to be an influential part of the franchise's modern canon. It not only gave life to dozens of existing characters from the prequel trilogy who had faded into the background, but it also introduced several new figures who went on to become fan favorites. One such character was Cad Bane, and while the bounty hunter never got a true ending in The Clone Wars, Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett could give him another shot.

During the Clone Wars era, Bane was considered to be the most notorious and infamous bounty hunter around. He was often compared to Boba's father, Jango, but after Jango's death at the hands of Mace Windu, he was given sole possession of the top spot. Bane was so proficient, in fact, he often found himself on the payroll of some of the galaxy's most nefarious figures, including Count Dooku, Darth Sidious and Jabba the Hutt.

Bane would pop up sporadically throughout The Clone Wars' first few seasons, but his final appearance came in Season 4, Episode 18, which was the end of a four-episode arc that saw Obi-Wan try to stop an assassination plot directed at Chancellor Palpatine. He was briefly mentioned in Season 5 and an Easter Egg reference was made to him in a Season 2 episode of Star Wars: Rebels, but outside of that, Bane has been absent from the franchise.

When dealing with a franchise that gives a beginning, middle and end to nearly every character introduced, it's surprising that Bane was never given a proper ending. Dave Filoni had planned a story arc for The Clone Wars that would have seen a young Boba kill Bane, but that episode never made it to air, leaving the bounty hunter's fate up in the air. Fortunately, with an abundance of new Star Wars content on the way, there is sure to be room for the character to pop up somewhere.

Bane could return in the upcoming The Clone Wars sequel series, Star Wars: The Bad Batch, but there's an even better fit for him in the world of live-action: The Book of Boba Fett. Few details have been released about the new series, but it looks like it will focus on Boba and Fennec Shand lording over the remains of Jabba's criminal empire on Tatooine. Bane could easily fit into that story, potentially facing off against Boba in the fight that was originally supposed to go down years ago.

While Star Wars has tried -- and sometimes failed -- to give closure to some of its bigger characters, the world of TV opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for some of the franchise's smaller names. Cad Bane was an important part of The Clone Wars, and he has earned the right to fight for an ending to his story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: Book of Boba Fett star drops first details on series directors and its future.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...au-disney-plus
    By CALLUM CRUMLISH - 16:00, Wed, Jul 7, 2021

STAR WARS EXCLUSIVE: Boba Fett star Temuera Morrison has given the first details on the upcoming Disney Plus show, The Book of Boba Fett, by revealing how Jon Favreau's Marvel pedigree is influencing the series. The star also gave a definitive answer to whether there will be a second season of the show, while dropping news on who will direct the show.

When asked what plot details he could give us about the new show, Morrison laughed: "You know the rules, nothing! Nothing!"

The Kiwi actor - who was promoting his new science-fiction epic Occupation: Rainfall - went on: "It's in the timeline of The Mandalorian so, I guess, we gotta go back and see.

"It's a duo thing. We've got Ming-Na Wen in there - she's playing the master assassin Fennec Shan."

Morrison continued: "We've gotta look at the timeline, we gotta look at where [Boba] has been. We gotta keep the fans happy."

Keeping Star Wars fans happy and excited won't be too much of a problem considering The Book of Boba Fett is being handled by some of the greatest creators of the series, Morrison added.

First and foremost​ in the line-up​, he explained, is Jon Favreau of Marvel fame. The director and executive producer has​ worked tirelessly on expanding the Marvel Cinematic Universe from behind the scenes. ​

​The actor said: "Jon [Favreau] has come up with some magical formulas.​"

Morrison continued: "We've got some great directors onboard - Robert Rodriguez, Favreau, Bryce [Dallas Howard], Dave Filoni.

"It's just a new world! It's a new world. They like to keep the Star Wars stuff under [lock and] key."

Morrison then touched upon Favreau's experience with the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe, which is also under the Disney umbrella.

He said: "But, I think we're blessed in the way Favreau has all that Marvel experience, so we know where those storylines go. Let's see what happens."

With a smile, the 60-year-old actor said: "Let's put it this way: You're going to love it!"

Boba Fett's story has never been considered over. Despite being killed off in 1983 film Return of the Jedi, his popularity spurred writers to revive him and ​extend his storyline in ​expanded pieces of the Star Wars mythos​ - in books, comic books, etc.​

Going forward, does Morrison think The Book of Boba Fett will continue into a second season?

"I think they'll have to consider some things... The tree is still growing.​"

Morrison continued: "They'll probably want to test the waters first, there's been no talk about it."

The humble star went on to add he would just take each job as it comes - whether that means Boba Fett will get another adventure or not.

In other news, sideshow made a boba fett n fennec shan on throne statue thingy
    https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-and-fennec-shand-on-throne-deluxe-iron-studios-908875

5+ Year Old Account
    RUMOR: Book of Boba Fett Brings Another Iconic Bounty Hunter to Live Action.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-book-o...ad-bane-rumor/
    BY SANDY SCHAEFER - SEP 01, 2021

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett may see Boba and his companion Fennec Shand come face to face with Cad Bane, marking the character's live-action debut in a galaxy far, far away.

This rumor comes from LRM Online, which doesn't have any other details about Bane's role in The Mandalorian spinoff. A Duros male bounty hunter, Bane is one of the most skilled guns-for-hire in the universe and is easy to recognize thanks to his trademark wide-brimmed hat. The character was introduced during Season 2 of the animated Clone Wars series, which had him stealing an ancient holocron from the Jedi Temple under the orders of Darth Sidious. Bane would go on to appear in several more episodes of the show, loyal to no one but himself.

Before The Clone Wars was cancelled and revived for a final season on Disney+, there were plans for a multi-episode story arc following Bane and Boba on a mission to Tatooine, culminating in an old west-style standoff where the pair gun one another down. Boba would've only managed to survive this encounter thanks to his helmet, in turn explaining where his mask got its mysterious dent. Ultimately, though, that didn't happen and Clone Wars ended without revealing what became of Bane.

Instead, he resurfaced during Season 1 of the Clone Wars followup series, The Bad Batch. There, Kamino's Prime Minister Lama Su hired him to retrieve Omega, a non-modified clone and, technically speaking, Boba's sister. However, in a twist, Bane was thwarted by Fennec, who Kaminoan scientist Nala Se had secretly recruited to keep Omega from being captured and returned to Kamino. The Bad Batch also hinted that Bane and Boba's duel is canon, with Bane sporting a metal plate on his head that he didn't have during his final appearance on Clone Wars.

As LRM Online noted, The Bad Batch Season 1 arguably set the stage for Bane to return in a future Star Wars series, maybe even a live-action one. Given the character's shared history with Fennec and potentially also Boba, an appearance on The Book of Boba Fett certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility, either.

Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett premieres in December on Disney+, with The Bad Batch coming back for more episodes in 2022.

I am Boba Fett

I like star wars but hate gangster stories. Totally skipped the mandalorian. Not interested in the book of boba fett. I hope its not gonna be all gangster stories when not focusing on the jedi / sith.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I like star wars but hate gangster stories. Totally skipped the mandalorian. Not interested in the book of boba fett. I hope its not gonna be all gangster stories when not focusing on the jedi / sith.
    I'd call the Mandalorian more of a western than "gangster". There's more to Star Wars than Jedi/Sith

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Yea, as someone who also hates gangster stories (barely get through the first Godfather and only because I can appreciate a quality movie even if I don't care about the characters and plot ) I wouldn't call Mandalorian a gansgter-genre story.

Mando is much more similiar to Western genre than gangster. (just like the Star Wars movies themselves are)

Now if you felt the rest of Star Wars was more 'gangster story' than western, then nevermind - yea, you would probably not like this either. If you're only interested in Sith/Jedi stories - then also true, you wouldn't like this.

But if you don't mind stories about non-Force users and you liked the 'feel' of the original trilogy, give a few episodes of Mando a try - might be surprised .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

5+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping before Christmas, still around the holidays, so this means Mandalorian s3 will be next year n not december like they said before...prob won't even be in beginning of 2022 as there has been so little news, so much more news on other shows, kenobi n andor recently finished filming, i have no idea where Mandalorian is in development..

Shame, I feel like a few years ago I would be stoked for this, but my interested in Star Wars has fallen off a cliff in the past few years. I loved the conclusion to The Clone Wars and enjoyed the Mandalorian but admittedly didn't think it was some masterpiece.
    I was excited for Bad Batched but found I was forcing myself to watch the next episodes and even if I enjoyed them, I just didn't care all that much.

I think in the sci-fi realm I was so blown away with The Expanse and Final Space that my space opera itch was fixed and my hatred of the ST just turned me off from Star Wars.

I hope this show is great though as I would love to get invested into Star Wars again.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Did not expect a trailer, or anything this year..