Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yes... they just do what they think is most profitable at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    yes... they just do what they think is most profitable at the time...
    So says Raspberry Lemon what a shock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    It's not harming anyone and it makes progressives think corporations are cool and/or virtuous which means they'll be more tolerant of them. More tolerance in all directions is a win-win scenario.
    I guess all the pro-america cowboy/farmer/rural/truck commercials that companies have done just go over your head as not virtue signalling because "that's the way it should be" right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So says Raspberry Lemon what a shock.

I guess all the pro-america cowboy/farmer/rural/truck commercials that companies have done just go over your head as not virtue signalling because "that's the way it should be" right?
    Well yeah it’s only virtue signaling if minorities are involved, otherwise it’s just called “advertising”.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

no Rochana or @rmfAcc or whatever future name you pick, they should not. The only "side effect" is it pisses of bigots, which is just a bonus.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    no Rochana or @rmfAcc or whatever future name you pick, they should not. The only "side effect" is it pisses of bigots, which is just a bonus.
    Is that who that is? I honestly lost track of who they were after they switched off the topless big-boobed orc avatar.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Is that who that is? I honestly lost track of who they were after they switched off the topless big-boobed orc avatar.
    Not so bright to realize the shame of being a hardcore Trumper like @Machismo was giving him was going away with a name change, need to do a full re-roll for that.

Pit Lord
    I've got a few minds about this line of discussion, but I think the pros outweigh the cons enough for me to think it's 'Fine'?

Like Gay Pride Month as an example, when every corporate entity in existence (in the US and Europe) puts on their Rainbow avatars and hangs up their flags. Is it probably an empty gesture born of corporate peer pressure so individual mega-corps aren't seen as 'Bigoted' for not getting in on the celebration? Sure. But all the very public LGBT iconography and recognition also helps normalize it to people and can be seen as reassuring and inspiring to some to know that they're being 'supported'.

And sure you have people cashing in their 'Woke' points a bit too hard and then using it as a shield from criticism (The Star Wars Sequels, the Ghost Buster Movie, and some of the Last of Us 2 Discourse come immediately to mind) but let's also not pretend there aren't actual dipshits shitting their pants in anger every time a women or a gay or a minority is given a prominent media or commercial role that do deserve to be scorned for being hateful assholes.

I think handing out praise/scorn for 'Pandering' or 'Virtue Signaling' should really be done on a case by case basis. As a whole it's ultimately harmless.

Short answer: That's a loaded question.

Long answer: This might as well a Theo thread, and such threads don't deserve such responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Commercials usually target the people who are most likely to buy the product. If there's a product where most of the potential consumers are LGBT then obviously they should market it towards the LGBT community and it would not be virtue signalling.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-12-23 at 02:20 AM.
    Optimism!

Commercials usually target the people who are most likely to buy the product. If there's a product where most of the consumers are LGBT then obviously they should market it towards the LGBT community and it would not be virtue signalling.
    I don’t think that’s the actual target audience...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Not so bright to realize the shame of being a hardcore Trumper like @Machismo was giving him was going away with a name change, need to do a full re-roll for that.
    Anyone who believes I'm a Trump supporter is a massive idiot, tbh.
    Changing names / avatars is something I often do. It's just part of what I enjoy, has got nothing to do with the conspiracy theories or reasons your little bullying gang wants to put on it. Have you guys ever tried discussing the subject instead of attacking the source because the discussion wasn't approved by the Tots-For-Democrats Clique? Also I reported Machismo's post multiple times in this thread, because this thread has nothing to do with Trump and his posts are nothing but ad hominems trying to derail the discussion - fat chance he'll get an infraction though in this cesspool of a forum.

It's a miracle in itself that the thread is still open, because I was fully expecting the moderators to react to the low-thought kneejerk reactions that happened on the first few pages and getting accused of trolling again because the Pelosi-clique got upset at a thought-provoking discussion. Can't have any of that on here.
    Last edited by Yas-Queen Rochana; 2020-12-23 at 06:16 AM.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

See @rmfAcc, it is the guerilla marketing campaign, this woke stuff works.

Companies have always been "virtue signaling". They always will be.

You only have an issue with it when they are "virtue signaling" for something you don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Anyone who believes I'm a Trump supporter is a massive idiot, tbh.
    Changing names / avatars is something I often do. It's just part of what I enjoy, has got nothing to do with the conspiracy theories or reasons your little bullying gang wants to put on it. Have you guys ever tried discussing the subject instead of attacking the source because the discussion wasn't approved by the Tots-For-Democrats Clique? Also I reported Machismo's post multiple times in this thread, because this thread has nothing to do with Trump and his posts are nothing but ad hominems trying to derail the discussion - fat chance he'll get an infraction though in this cesspool of a forum.

It's a miracle in itself that the thread is still open, because I was fully expecting the moderators to react to the low-thought kneejerk reactions that happened on the first few pages and getting accused of trolling again because the Pelosi-clique got upset at a thought-provoking discussion. Can't have any of that on here.
    keep feeding me that copium trumpster. As for the name change, you were Rochana for 7 years, only changing it twice this year because you let the mask drop. So yeah, Just more of your bullshit like argueing you are so bad at the internet you can't use a search engine.

as for the topic, it's pretty bad, the only people who get upset about this stuff are bigots.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-23 at 08:56 AM.

as for the topic, it's pretty bad, the only people who get upset about this stuff are bigots.
    lol it's kind of funny that we live in a time where any critic must automatically be a bigot who just hates LGBT people.
    Optimism!

lol it's kind of funny that we live in a time where any critic must automatically be a bigot who just hates LGBT people.
    So when you said more tolerance is a win-win, that was just what? You won't ever find tolerance for bigots on this side of the aisle.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-23 at 09:29 AM.

With those kind of people, you are either with them or against them, there is no nuance allowed.

Alright then, give the class an example of this sort of "criticism" that isn't just bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    With those kind of people, you are either with them or against them, there is no nuance allowed.
    Yeah bigotry is totally nuanced.

Yeah bigotry is totally nuanced.
    You know, there is a reason some people are bigot or that bigotry exists. And your behavior would totally convince those people to not be bigot