Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And Mistweavers spent the entire last two expansions as the worst healer. When is our moment going to happen?
    Literally broke warcraft logs at the near-end of BFA. There you have it. xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Current gaming culture and "healing theory" would say you should try to do as much as you can to help the encounter. If you can meet the healing requirement, do mechanics so DPS don't have to or try to add dps for a faster kill. That being said, if you want to try playing your way there are examples out there of high level players doing just that:

Here is an example I randomly found on Warcraftlogs of a monk doing Mythic Huntsman and a phenomenal amount of healing with relatively no dps: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

This guy does like 90 dps the whole fight (which is obviously low). But he carried more than his share of the weight healing. If you can be this guy for your raid team no one should give you shit about your dps numbers.

If you want more examples of high level mistweavers, go on warcraft logs and look at the top parses for each fight where the legendary being used is Tear of Mourning. Those guys typically run the mist build and do much less dps. Emulate their playstyle and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    and slightly beat shammy and druid.
    thats not even the case. In a pure dps rotation on target-dummy my monk does 1720dps (217 ilvl) while my rshaman does 1850dps (192 ilvl). Mind you i actually main kickweaver so the monk gear is opted for dps (dodging mastery for haste) while the shaman is randomly equipped for ilvl.

The reason you dont see rshamans doing decent dps in logs is not because they cant. Its because they dont gain any healing from it so they rarely do it in progression content. They also have quite nice cleave dotting which further increases lavaburst procs on they primary target.

From what I've heard regarding Mistweavers in PVE, is that their HPS isn't necessarily bad (it's on par), rather they don't bring any utility that makes them better than other healers who have good utility.

Regarding PVP (my main focus) Mistweavers are complete crap. The mana regen buff doesn't change the fact that we can get globalled in a DR'd stun. Buffing our cocoon PVP Talent is a very obscure buff too considering it's not always ideal to run that talent in the first place.

Dying in a stun with cocoon off CD doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuniqt View Post
    Current gaming culture and "healing theory" would say you should try to do as much as you can to help the encounter. If you can meet the healing requirement, do mechanics so DPS don't have to or try to add dps for a faster kill. That being said, if you want to try playing your way there are examples out there of high level players doing just that:

Here is an example I randomly found on Warcraftlogs of a monk doing Mythic Huntsman and a phenomenal amount of healing with relatively no dps: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&type=healing

This guy does like 90 dps the whole fight (which is obviously low). But he carried more than his share of the weight healing. If you can be this guy for your raid team no one should give you shit about your dps numbers.

If you want more examples of high level mistweavers, go on warcraft logs and look at the top parses for each fight where the legendary being used is Tear of Mourning. Those guys typically run the mist build and do much less dps. Emulate their playstyle and you should be fine.
    If you actually look at his healing, most of his time is spent afk spinning/essence font. It’s how he manages his mana lol... cuz he has to lol. There are several points where he’s doing nothing but letting spin tick XD

Which is kinda funny cuz that’s exactly how I play MW - it’s not worth it to do anything else... mana wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So apparently according to the front page we get a slight mana adjustment - renewing mists went from 2.1% to 1.8% base mana. Meh.

This reminds me of playing guardian druid last xpac. First patch, everyone knew they were really bad, next patch, extremely slight buff. Like 2 patches later, finally HUGE buffs and we were fine. But it just takes them too long to adjust.
    this is simply another tactic to create FOTM classes which keeps the hamsters on the wheel that much longer. Blizz has unfortunately been doing this for, what is about to be, decades.
    balance would have people swapping mains less, which are the populace that no-lifes the game. the wheels must turn.

This argument that MWs is fine is silly.

HPal, Disc and Shaman have better utility, HPal and Disc have better damage, HPal and Shaman have better healing, metrics at hand. And this is significant because MW does comparable healing, but not better.

Can you play it? Yes. Does it have a niche or a unique strength? Sadly, no.
    And with the game and raids especially getting constantly designed with cooldowns in mind and heavy raid damage, you're probably not hampering your group's progress by playing one, but community perception in these cases matter and you are weaker no matter the narrative around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post
    This argument that MWs is fine is silly.

HPal, Disc and Shaman have better utility, HPal and Disc have better damage, HPal and Shaman have better healing, metrics at hand. And this is significant because MW does comparable healing, but not better.

Can you play it? Yes. Does it have a niche or a unique strength? Sadly, no.
    And with the game and raids especially getting constantly designed with cooldowns in mind and heavy raid damage, you're probably not hampering your group's progress by playing one, but community perception in these cases matter and you are weaker no matter the narrative around it.
    This applies to every healer that isn’t one of the chosen 3 - including holy priest. I still advocate that holy be given the ONLY targetable power infusion so people have a reason to being it over disc. But that’s another topic.

Anyways, they need to tone down the healer of the big 3– and Paladin has both utility and damage - for Minimal mana at that.

A big problem I have with mist weaver is they even decided to have mana costs in all of the covenants - significant costs - except NL.

You're missing the best part of the log. Take a look at mana for healers over the course of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by User0015 View Post
    You're missing the best part of the log. Take a look at mana for healers over the course of the fight.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rces&spell=100

thats just sad