Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I use Mullvad VPN. Very good and secure. You also don't have a regular account with them using your email address only an account number so make sure to note it down somewhere. You can have a monthly subscription or just pay a month when you need the VPN connection.

No logs saved for them, they're open-source and also their VPN app undergo an external security audit.
    You can use their app but if you want to use your software, they provide OpenVPN and WireGuard configuration files.

Get a Nas, host your own. Issue solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TimAhKin View Post
    I use Mullvad VPN. Very good and secure. You also don't have a regular account with them using your email address only an account number so make sure to note it down somewhere. You can have a monthly subscription or just pay a month when you need the VPN connection.

No logs saved for them, they're open-source and also their VPN app undergo an external security audit.
    You can use their app but if you want to use your software, they provide OpenVPN and WireGuard configuration files.
    No logs.. Hahaha

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.cnet...o-logs-claims/

Anyone with some it knowledge cam tell you how easy it is to fake such a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Get a Nas, host your own. Issue solved.

- - - Updated - - -

No logs.. Hahaha

Anyone with some it knowledge cam tell you how easy it is to fake such a claim.
    Ha ha ha...what's that supposed to mean? Of course it's good to be skeptical but check their security audit and everything else. You can find the final audit report on Cure53.

They're very open about this.

mullvad.net/en/help/no-logging-data-policy/

I use them because they're one of the few VPN solution that actually agreed to be audited.

You go and use NordVPN
    Last edited by TimAhKin; 2020-12-29 at 10:48 AM.

NordVPN by far, I used to have PIA but swapped.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ha ha ha...what's that supposed to mean? Of course it's good to be skeptical but check their security audit and everything else. You can find the final audit report on Cure53.

I use them because they're one of the few VPN solution that actually agreed to be audited.

You go and use NordVPN
    Use own Nas to host vpn.. Then say I use nordvpn.

Shows you didn't read the link at all either. Lol

Use own Nas to host vpn.. Then say I use nordvpn.

Shows you didn't read the link at all either. Lol
    I read it and also documented myself when I picked a solution. I also used my own VPN created on a pfsense firewall.

It's a user-trust business and I trust them and because I work in IT I like their focus on security implementation and additional support they offer for protocols like WireGuard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    PIA or Mullvad are pretty good and don't log anything
    NordVPN is super mainstream atm, which is both a positive in that they make a ton of money to invest in their product, but also a downside in that they also invest a lot of money into advertising. And them being popular means they're also more likely to be the target of malicious attacks.
    Should just note that NordVPN has undergone audits in order to show their no-logs policy is being met, though the actual reports to show this are only accessible to NordVPN users.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    Right so I want to switch from NordVPN, should I go to Windscribe or Mullvad?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Right so I want to switch from NordVPN, should I go to Windscribe or Mullvad?
    Most safe? Get a NAS and host your own.. want to always be doubting the claims of the company? Go to any VPN sellpoints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most safe? Get a NAS and host your own.. want to always be doubting the claims of the company? Go to any VPN sellpoints.
    Aren’t NAS units and hard drives for it etc pretty expensive?

They can get expensive ye.
    I'm looking to buy one but the model I want with 4 drives is like £1800 - only the enclosure is ~£500

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don’t have that kind of cash to spend on a NAS etc... a VPN service is a lot cheaper, but I didn’t know NordVPN had been compromised so many times. So I guess my previous question stands

- - - Updated - - -

a friend suggested TunnelBear... anyone know of them?

Can I jump in with a VPN-question: Say I have my VPN turned on, and I log into battle.net and play some wow etc - Wont that auto flag and ban my account? I get VPN for browsing, but does VPN not fuck with your games as well?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Can I jump in with a VPN-question: Say I have my VPN turned on, and I log into battle.net and play some wow etc - Wont that auto flag and ban my account? I get VPN for browsing, but does VPN not fuck with your games as well?
    Auto-ban? Nah
    I've logged in while on a VPN in the US 5 minutes after being in the EU. Blizzard didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Aren’t NAS units and hard drives for it etc pretty expensive?
    Mine was 200 euros and 100 in hdd

Ds218+

15+ Year Old Account
    Mine was 200 euros and 100 in hdd

Ds218+
    That's definitely more interesting. Still a bit out of my price range currently, as this time of the year is expensive But I'll look into getting a NAS in the near future and setting up my own VPN. I guess the digitalocean links someone pasted are good guides to follow for this, or are there better guides?

10+ Year Old Account

You go and use NordVPN
    There's absolutely no way to prove someone isn't copying logs to their PC somewhere somehow. An audit is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm fairly sure the worst thing that'll happen is you'll get one of those "WE SEE THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO LOG IN FROM A STRANGE LOCATION. WE HAVE SENT A SUPER ULTRA DOUBLE TOP SECRET CODE TO YOUR EMAIL" warnings and have to enter the code in order to log in. Then you log in and play as normal.
    I hope thats the case, but Im still afraid of it. You never know with Blizzard and their....Swift judgements. 15 year account, etc etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I use PIA for torrenting and I still manage to download 30-40gb files in the usual non-vpn time, which is usually under an hour or just slightly over.