Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Wont that auto flag and ban my account? I get VPN for browsing, but does VPN not fuck with your games as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm fairly sure the worst thing that'll happen is you'll get one of those "WE SEE THAT YOU'RE TRYING TO LOG IN FROM A STRANGE LOCATION. WE HAVE SENT A SUPER ULTRA DOUBLE TOP SECRET CODE TO YOUR EMAIL" warnings
    It's a case of 'use at your own risk'.

Most services that have security in mind know VPNs exist. They might not be able to tell who/where you are, but they can definitely tell you're using a VPN. Just like using a PO box lets someone know you aren't receiving at your house.

Take these bits of info with a grain of salt, as I'm not the Hand That Moves of blizzard

-In a void, Blizzard has no problems with VPNs on their own. Dev's/CMs have said this.
    -Blizzard specifically prohibits the use of VPNs to circumvent local law (WoW is not allowed to be played/connected to in some countries) and they will enforce this. It's Blizzard saying "Its them, not us, but we have to obey it"
    -People have gotten banned for using VPNs legitimately

Use at your own risk. In theory it's fine. In theory even if you get banned, it should be fixable. None of that actually protects or prevents from getting banned and denied appeal.
    Last edited by chazus; 2020-12-30 at 12:54 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Uhhhh... what?
    Yes, was looking at Synology 920+ with 48 TB storage - 4 x 12 TB NAS drives and it's around £1800

Interesting, I've never thought of the use of VPN (aside from this circumventing some laws point of view) being worth a ban. Over the course of years when I've moved from country/continent to another, I remember getting my account frozen once (think that was 5+ years ago or so) by some automatic "suspicious stuff detected" system. On this occasion they actually required a scan on some formal ID to unlock the account, so hope you haven't used any bogus names there. Since then, I haven't had any issues, VPN or not, and also regardless of my physical location which has changed few times.

One (only?) good thing about living in a sh*t tier east european country is that the government has not yet gotten to the point of blocking internet stuff based on whoever wants to give them the most $, though i am sure that will be changing soon.

VPN companies and their services sound god damn awful.

I got here on time, super, thanks for the answers

since nord vpn has already given everyone some really good advice, I'd like to recommend the bear tunnel, we use it at work together with work time. Both tools have been working fine without any issues!

I've used Express VPN and Windscribe in the past. Express VPN had better speeds but Windscribe had more locations. I'd recommend Express VPN based on my experience.

Here are some of the best VPNs by category, in my opinion:

CyberGhost - best for torrenting and hacking (no logging, located in Romania)
    NordVPN - best for streaming and gaming (fastest)
    ExpressVPN- best for people who only want something for month-to-month
    SurfShark - cheapest VPN that's still decent