Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Val'kyr and Sinstone Toys Spotlight, The Shadowlands Launch Experience, DLC #754

Val'kyr and Sinstone Toys Spotlight
    Two fun toys have been added in Shadowlands that function like the "little angel and devil on your shoulders" concept. Each toy can be used separately for good or bad advice, but they can be used together as well, causing them to interact with each other to give you some funny dialogue.

• Bondable Val'kyr Diadem - This is obtained in the Temple of Humility in Bastion. You will find a Gift of Chyrus treasure that is locked until you /kneel in front of it to get the Proof of Humility buff.
      • /way 69.4 40.3 Anima Gateway
      • /way 70.5 36.5 Gift of Chyrus
    • Bondable Sinstone - This is obtained just south of Darkhaven in Revendreth. You will find a Taskmaster's Trove that requires clicking the Ingress and Egress Rites object nearby. This will initiate an obstacle course of dodging balls to reach the trove.
      • /way 62.9 72.3 Ingress and Egress Rites
      • /way 62.8 75.3 Taskmaster's Trove

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Angelis and Sinny Whispers

Angelis whispers: Who will you aid today mortal?
    Sinny whispers: Aid? Mortal lets go pillage something nice for you.

Sinny whispers: What kind of trouble can we get up to?
    Angelis whispers: Do not let him tempt you!

Angelis whispers: You jump a lot mortal, without wings that has to be bad for your joints?
    Sinny whispers: I bet it does, but I can just rock with it...

Sinny whispers: You know, you jump a lot?
    Angelis whispers: He does, doesn't he, must be a thing with the wingless.

Angelis whispers: A righteous fight, may they know rest in an honorable death!
    Sinny whispers: Righteous, hah! You stomped them!

Sinny whispers: Yes! Strike them down, now that one over there!
    Angelis whispers: May your weapon only seek those deserving justice!

Angelis whispers: It is never too late to start down the path of righteousness!
    Sinny whispers: And because of that, why not put it off until tomorrow!

Sinny whispers: What is one more sin? Come on!
    Angelis whispers: This... this stone! It will lead you to disaster mortal!

Sinny whispers: You cannot let him get away with that, get them!
    Angelis whispers: It was most likely a misunderstanding...

The Shadowlands Launch Experience
    Captain Grim has released a hilarious World of Warcraft Machinima highlighting the Shadowlands launch experience.

Dark Legacy Comics #754
    DLC #754 has been released!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-12-29 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video was great.

Okay, not all vulpera are that bad! Still laughed til my sides hurt at both the video and the comic. Like Holy shit some of the dailies are nuts, loved to see the fear in Sylvanas eyes as her fan boys vibrated outside her hiding spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the Vulpera parts, way too accurate!

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC not bad today. Very true with the WQs this time around.

"Collect the Collector!"
    "Fill the Collector!"
    "Use the collector to charge the Colossus!"
    "Fight your way through the Forsworn!"
    "Defeat the Boss!"
    "Collect the Anima from the Colossus!"
    "Return the Anima!"
    "Return the Collector!"

DLC hit the nail on the head. Those WQs are so incredibly annoying.

I don't understand machinima videos. It's like the creator has the mentality of a 5 year old and the target audience is the same.

The DLC comic though...spot on. The creator brilliantly shows us how Blizzard is trying to troll us this expansion in regards to world quests.

DLC is dead right. WQs are just plain awful in Shadowlands, and the rewards are frequently no better than a metaphorical kick in the teeth. I have to question the developers' frequent hostility to the players in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Spot on indeed. Yeah..I am spoiled. What happened to "kill that one guy". Not like the WQs give you some crazy reward that you really should be "working for"

And I don't even get why it is like that. I mean..we don't pay our fee based on how many hours we spend online? It rather turns me off from the game. Long travel times, quests often smack in the middle of nowhere and often with annoying mechanics or always at least one step more than you think should be needed.

Did Blizzard read MMO-C when people were all like: "Tortollian WQs are the worst...nothing can forever come close" and went "Hold my beer" or something?
    Finally one opinion I can get behind Everybody around talks about WQ being improved and I'm like...what? These new SL WQ take waaay more time to finish than Legion and BFA ones, yet the size of rewards stayed the same...and we also lost whistle All in all it's unwelcomed artifical prolonging of time logged in without a reason :/

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Spot on indeed. Yeah..I am spoiled. What happened to "kill that one guy". Not like the WQs give you some crazy reward that you really should be "working for"

And I don't even get why it is like that. I mean..we don't pay our fee based on how many hours we spend online? It rather turns me off from the game. Long travel times, quests often smack in the middle of nowhere and often with annoying mechanics or always at least one step more than you think should be needed.

Did Blizzard read MMO-C when people were all like: "Tortollian WQs are the worst...nothing can forever come close" and went "Hold my beer" or something?
    Yeah I just don’t get why new wq are so annoying. They take ages almost like the N’Zoth ones and rewards are pathetic. I’m skipping all of them apart from the few ones giving 250 Anima and decent Conduits.

Hope that Blizzard will stick to his promise not to bind pathfinder to reps this turn because I’m totally ignoring them (apart from the two weekly quests the “lady” outside Thorgast gives).

the Dark Legacy comic highlights one of my few gripes with this expansion, it's impossible to tell which world quests are worth doing because you could end up doing a dozen more stages for a poxy reward or only two stages for a bigger reward at times. used to be we could guess pretty well which quests were worth our time and which we had time for

"Come maw walker, we must fly" bit had me

10+ Year Old Account
    Machinima was garbage

But DLC hit the nails, like always.

DLC spot on per usual

I'm kinda glad WQ sucks todo and in rewards. Makes it such an easy choice to never do them. In BFA, even with horrible rewards, some of them was so easy, that might as well just do the kill one guy while I wait and get 2k gold.
    SL you don't even wanna start on that. Think Blizzard got too greedy on the MAU ambition and it backfires. Like why no whistle? Seems they are doing everything to up the MAU bs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Hope that Blizzard will stick to his promise not to bind pathfinder to reps this turn because I’m totally ignoring them (apart from the two weekly quests the “lady” outside Thorgast gives).
    Ion: What zone did the players really hate the most? The most punishing to get around?
    Developers: Uh..Antoran Wastes, right? That was a real pain in the ass to navigate.
    Ion: Make every zone in Shadowlands like it.
    Developers: Sure thing!

Sad no one is talking about the two awesome toys that interact with each other. I love it and hope for more like them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love this machinima artist. We haven't had anyone like him in years, unfortunately Wowcrendor barely ever puts out anything like his old videos anymore, maybe that will change, but he mostly just talks about top 10s and talking to random WoW players while fishing. I miss his creativity. This guy is a nice breath of fresh air, his take is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Sad no one is talking about the two awesome toys that interact with each other. I love it and hope for more like them.
    Sorry, they seem cool but I am not in the toys thing, I don’t even know what toys I have and the ones I have are quest toys plus some random drops.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I love this machinima artist. We haven't had anyone like him in years, unfortunately Wowcrendor barely ever puts out anything like his old videos anymore, maybe that will change, but he mostly just talks about top 10s and talking to random WoW players while fishing. I miss his creativity. This guy is a nice breath of fresh air, his take is wonderful.
    For real. I feel he is a fusion of Wowcrendor and Nixxiom's styles. Hilarious either way, his videos always leaves me in stitches.