Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Again, me and another poster literally acknowledged the headstart before you posted just now.

I'm talking about using it as a means of decrying a very VERY legitimate win by a very good guild that mopped the floor with EU guilds back in the previous tier too, so much so that the headstart didn't matter for shit then, yet people still used it to denounce the win.

Feel free to acknowledge it all you like, no need to feel targeted if you're not doing what I'm referring to. If you do, too bad, feel targeted, I stand by it. It's not disingenuous, it's a fucking opinion based on how people are using an argument.
    I mean, In my mind, the win is also not solidified until I see a repeat of Ny'alotha.

I'm fine acknowledging their hard work and success. Not (yet) the fact that they beat the others guilds in a race.

- - - Updated - - -

Sco has been raiding this world first. Think he's trying to re-establish Method?
    Think so too. I'm surprised Method didn't die altogether, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs. I think Sco is in old Method still, since he was kinda held responsible, and a lot of the old members are in Echo.

Not sure, though. I'm not massively into this whole thing and only got the basic gist of the drama back then.
    yeah I took a break 2 weeks after 8.3 launched and I guess I missed the entire thing. Thank you all for clearing it up for me.

Again, me and another poster literally acknowledged the headstart before you posted just now.

I'm talking about using it as a means of decrying a very VERY legitimate win by a very good guild that mopped the floor with EU guilds back in the previous tier too, so much so that the headstart didn't matter for shit then, yet people still used it to denounce the win.

Feel free to acknowledge it all you like, no need to feel targeted if you're not doing what I'm referring to. If you do, too bad, feel targeted, I stand by it. It's not disingenuous, it's a fucking opinion based on how people are using an argument.
    I think half the problem is people get so defensive, it's hard for people to walk the "right path" when people immediately start acting as if someone else's achievement somehow means they themselves or their country are somehow superior. It shouldnt be region vs. region it should be guild vs. guild .

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    yeah I took a break 2 weeks after 8.3 launched and I guess I missed the entire thing. Thank you all for clearing it up for me.
    Consider yourself lucky, tbh. It wasn't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I think half the problem is people get so defensive, it's hard for people to walk the "right path" when people immediately start acting as if someone else's achievement somehow means they themselves or their country are somehow superior. It shouldnt be region vs. region it should be guild vs. guild .
    Yeah, sadly. People gon' people. I've literally seen the same mentality in Hamster shows and breeding...
    People are always going to do it. There needs to be people NOT adhering to such idiocies, drowning out the people that do. A lot of us are doing just that in this thread already.

People seems to forget Limit experience the bugs first and lose time that way. So it's not always a benefit to have a head start

15+ Year Old Account
    Max confirming they'll be talking to complexity about if echo pulls the non streaming an end boss shit again they may have to not stream either
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    People seems to forget Limit experience the bugs first and lose time that way. So it's not always a benefit to have a head start
    Yeah, that's also something to take into account.

The second reset is a much larger advantage than the first, as you could reclear, do splits and potentially get a kill before the other region has even had their reset.

This doesn't in any way diminsh the fact that they got world first, and anyone saying as such should rightly have someone with acryllic nails shove fingers up their bum for them.

The second reset is a much larger advantage than the first, as you could reclear, do splits and potentially get a kill before the other region has even had their reset.

This doesn't in any way diminsh the fact that they got world first, and anyone saying as such should rightly have someone with acryllic nails shove fingers up their bum for them.
    Sure yeah.. no argument about that. I'm just saying EU is not the only ones having disadvantages. Let's see how many hours it takes for EU to clear.

I'm a Limit fan and I went to bed really worried last night that I was gonna wake up and Echo was gonna have downed Denathrius or be close, they had a ~25% pull when I went to bed and Limit had a like 30-40% pull when they went to bed last night as Echo was waking up and starting to reclear Mythic. I was genuinely surprised to wake up and see that it had taken so long for Echo to reclear Mythic and Limit had caught up, I had 100% prepared myself to be sad today. The 16 hour headstart didn't even matter, Echo just messed up taking too long to reclear Mythic IMO. Echo would have had it otherwise and I had totally prepared myself for them to get world first even.

Sure yeah.. no argument about that. I'm just saying EU is not the only ones having disadvantages. Let's see how many hours it takes for EU to clear.
    Oh for sure, its a shame CN get's dicked aswell.

I'm pretty sure it could be a whole lot more entertaining for both those watching and those participating if there was a global release.

It's all gonna be a non-argument if Echo or another EU guild doesn't clear it in- what, the next few hours?

I'm fairly certain if Echo was given the choice of starting one day later but also get the reset on tuesday same as NA they would take it in a heartbeat instead of that 1 extra day. The reset is way too valuable to have one day earlier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    I'm fairly certain if Echo was given the choice of starting one day later but also get the reset on tuesday same as NA they would take it in a heartbeat instead of that 1 extra day. The reset is way too valuable to have one day earlier.
    if you compare echo would have still been behind after mythic reclear limits took roughly 3 hours and echos was longer
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's all gonna be a non-argument if Echo or another EU guild doesn't clear it in- what, the next few hours?
    How so? You dont think the air kinda went out of them? Theres no silver medal that anyone cares about, especially the ones who wanted the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I'm a Limit fan and I went to bed really worried last night that I was gonna wake up and Echo was gonna have downed Denathrius or be close, they had a ~25% pull when I went to bed and Limit had a like 30-40% pull when they went to bed last night as Echo was waking up and starting to reclear Mythic. I was genuinely surprised to wake up and see that it had taken so long for Echo to reclear Mythic and Limit had caught up, I had 100% prepared myself to be sad today. The 16 hour headstart didn't even matter, Echo just messed up taking too long to reclear Mythic IMO. Echo would have had it otherwise and I had totally prepared myself for them to get world first even.
    Sometimes makes me pine for the days of being in a guild that competes at that level.

Edit :- dont know how i quoted myself, SMH

Oh for sure, its a shame CN get's dicked aswell.

I'm pretty sure it could be a whole lot more entertaining for both those watching and those participating if there was a global release.
    Global release has a bunch of new problems though. What time should the global release be? The region having release in the morning would have a huge advantage

Global release has a bunch of new problems though. What time should the global release be? The region having release in the morning would have a huge advantage
    Depends what you mean by huge advantage?

Those aiming for world first and competing generally plan around it, and for the most part it wouldnt be an issue to start a raid at 4am.

Depends what you mean by huge advantage?

Those aiming for world first and competing generally plan around it, and for the most part it wouldnt be an issue to start a raid at 4am.
    Hardcore raiders are no robots. Of course normal sleeping habits is a huge advantage. Playing during night and sleep during day is stressful for anyone. As if hardcore raiding is not stressful enough, imaging having to do it for maybe 2 weeks straight.