Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    I just wish we had a better use for ROP outside combustion. Out of combustion we don't do much and aren't really strong, and RoP doesn't help, we just stand there hardcasting fs or fb depending on context. I wish I had my legiondary bracers again to pair it with RoP
    A part of me wants old fire back where you literally ONLY cared about crit rating. Nowadays fire is a CD based spec, our entire toolkit is based around CDs. pyroblast really hits like a wet noodle because we get it so frequently where in the past Blizz could allow pyro to hit like a truck because we had no sure way to get 100% crit. It was random but fun. In a way the old RNG based fire was closer to feeling like real fire, it was always unpredictable just like fire IRL. xD

  2. #102
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,386
    Not rly.
    I play Frost because i like that best and dont fotm.
    Im doing oke because of high parses but seeing frost on the bottom hurts my heart.
    Alodi is rolling over in his grave.
    Just before launch Blizzard was like: Oke frost nerfed by 15% have fun.
    Hope they will buff it again so it is on par with the top specs.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

  3. #103
    really loving arcane and how it rewards careful preparing for bursts, on the other side that makes it so unpractical for raids since having to move even once is like a netloss of 100+ dps, would be nice if we could get something like icy floes in the talent row with arcane barrage speed, would round out the specc alot and cover up if youre really unlucky with getting targeted by boss mechanics. if you never get targeted the specc performs very well which is why i assume they cant just flat out buff damage

  4. #104
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26/ Maybe you are just bad. 2/3 specs are in the top half of specs, how is that uncompetitive?
    arcane is there only because of unintended cleave on huntsman on week 1 and sun king, which is a joke of a fight. Half the bosses don't even bring any magi besides fire, because it's the only spec that is not punished by raid design into being non-comeptitive, and if not for +5% int buff guilds would bring another boomkin instead. You should try reading logs, instead of just looking at a random graph. Seriously, go through rankings per boss and look for yourself where magi are in this raid, it's not that hard

    I'll say it again, mage damage is not competitive in mythic raids. First four bosses it's fine, then you're just hampering your raid unless you go fire. Heroic and normal raids are fine for literally any spec or class
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2021-01-07 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  5. #105
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,148
    Why are people getting so worked up over the top 95th% mythic kills?
    Most of ya'll don't clear heroic without a bag full of gold.


    Worry about being a better player instead of crying because a spec might be too hard for you to play.
    "Fire sucks" why because you need to think about your spells? Can't just spam scorch and run around.

    2xpacs of frost, with the most predictable, boring rotation ever.. and now all 3 specs are ACTUALLY PLAYABLE IN ALL CONTENT but you wanna cry about it.


    Arcane doesn't have cleave? learn to orb and touch of the magi better.
    Last edited by spaace; 2021-01-07 at 05:28 PM.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    arcane is there only because of unintended cleave on huntsman on week 1 and sun king, which is a joke of a fight. Half the bosses don't even bring any magi besides fire, because it's the only spec that is not punished by raid design into being non-comeptitive, and if not for +5% int buff guilds would bring another boomkin instead. You should try reading logs, instead of just looking at a random graph. Seriously, go through rankings per boss and look for yourself where magi are in this raid, it's not that hard

    I'll say it again, mage damage is not competitive in mythic raids. First four bosses it's fine, then you're just hampering your raid unless you go fire. Heroic and normal raids are fine for literally any spec or class
    If you are in a guild where you are concerned about spec balance, you are playing a class and not a spec anyways.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    2xpacs of frost, with the most predictable, boring rotation ever.. and now all 3 specs are ACTUALLY PLAYABLE IN ALL CONTENT but you wanna cry about it.
    Unsure why you would mention two expansions of frost as that's not something that was the case recently. It's possible you find the rotation of frost boring, but that might be because frost is a proc based spec, so referring to a rotation just means you are ignorant of how the spec actually works. Personally I prefer the proc based feel of frost, and am not a big fan of the post WOTLK iteration of fire. I enjoyed playing fire a lot more when getting pyroblasts was something that made you happy and combustion was used to create a mega dot.

    Also while frost is playable (as in you can select frost and play the game), it certainly is too weak to be considered viable for raiding.

  8. #108
    My frost mage is getting geared and is doing "ok." Hopefully a buff is on the horizon but I know there is no guarantee

  9. #109
    Old God Swizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    10,431
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post

    2xpacs of frost, with the most predictable, boring rotation ever.. and now all 3 specs are ACTUALLY PLAYABLE IN ALL CONTENT but you wanna cry about it.
    What? When was Frost tops outside of Legion lately? BfA was Fire after 8.2, and SL is Fire again. I don't think Frost has a history of being dominant in PvE, so I don't get what your point is.
    BfA Beta Time

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    What? When was Frost tops outside of Legion lately? BfA was Fire after 8.2, and SL is Fire again. I don't think Frost has a history of being dominant in PvE, so I don't get what your point is.
    Frost was good in nighthold just because of double ice lance "exploit" and because fire was a big pile of shit for anything but skorpiron aluriel and tichondrius
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  11. #111
    Old God Swizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    10,431
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Frost was good in nighthold just because of double ice lance "exploit" and because fire was a big pile of shit for anything but skorpiron aluriel and tichondrius
    Frost stayed good all of Legion with GS scaling and leggos.
    BfA Beta Time

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    What? When was Frost tops outside of Legion lately? BfA was Fire after 8.2, and SL is Fire again. I don't think Frost has a history of being dominant in PvE, so I don't get what your point is.
    In BFA No-IL Frost was best Mage spec for quite a while. Granted it did fall in between raid tiers. As when Azshara rolled around it was still best ST, but Fire was more versatile and mobile.

    And ye Frost for the longest time was the "PvP" spec. It never did good in raids till in Legion it got reworked and focus was put into it being decent in raids. I would've been fine in BFA too if Fire wasn't utterly broken after we got Mechagon bracers.

  13. #113
    Frost getting a 8 or 9% flat damage buff soon potentially.

  14. #114
    Old God Swizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    10,431
    Quote Originally Posted by hayzlol View Post
    Frost getting a 8 or 9% flat damage buff soon potentially.
    It's literally getting a 9% buff all around confirmed...
    BfA Beta Time

  15. #115
    Is that buff gonna make frost viable in m+?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Is that buff gonna make frost viable in m+?
    Frost is decent in m+ already as it's mostly trash-killing that is one big reason to making a key on time. The 9% helps but it's pretty much the same state imo for Frost mages in m+.

    For raiding however, 9% is waay too little. I'm not a mage myself but I see our frost mage doing like 75% parse on a pull, scoring 3k dps, the Fire mage is doing a 50% parse, scoring 4k+ dps. Add 9% to that 3k and you get a whoppin' 270 dps more.... so yay, the frost mage goes from 3k to 3.3k, STILL almost 1k behind the fire mages and let's not talk about how far behind the hunters and boomers the frostmage will remain.

    Long story short, 9% is SHIT and WAY to little. The class need like 20% flat buff and some individual buffs to Frost bolt and such on top of that.

    Disclaimer: This is an opinion from a non mage player (I'm a healer).
    Last edited by Dawon; 2021-01-12 at 12:48 PM.

  17. #117
    Usually those buffs only tighten the dps chart not vary positions, frost and assa will still be last
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

  18. #118
    It's alright. Balanced...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •