Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think the xPack is great, in that it offers a lot.

However, I voted no.
    Simply because I found myself bored after playing for 2 weeks, at max level and decided to let the game establish itsself a bit more if I am to return.

I dont know but I'm startin againg,
    Bastion is so fucking boring, I think that the worst thing I haver seen since the zone from Cataclsym

I've never played an expansion that felt this openly and thoroughly timegated. The carrot on a stick is so blatant and in your face that it's honestly insulting and I often question why I'm even allowing myself to be conned out of $15 every month. The reduced loot drops, the long flight paths, the tedious running back and forth everywhere, etc, etc. It seems like this expansion is aimed entirely around making things take as long as possible so that they can stretch out their limited content and fish out more monthly subs. I know to some degree it's always been like this, but Shadowlands definitely makes it more apparent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    I've never played an expansion that felt this openly and thoroughly timegated. The carrot on a stick is so blatant and in your face that it's honestly insulting and I often question why I'm even allowing myself to be conned out of $15 every month. The reduced loot drops, the long flight paths, the tedious running back and forth everywhere, etc, etc. It seems like this expansion is aimed entirely around making things take as long as possible so that they can stretch out their limited content and fish out more monthly subs. I know to some degree it's always been like this, but Shadowlands definitely makes it more apparent.
    Exactly. And you ARE pretty much forced to do this instead of running actual meaningful content. Remember BC or LK when you had basically no other option but to play GROUP PVE in dungeons and raids? And then when you were done you did it again on alts because it was fun. Now you are wasting your time doing shitty boring solo junk content because some idiotic marketing manager thinks this will keep many people subbed. Well, not me for sure. And don't even get me started how unfun has pve content became. When content was fun and replayable, people stayed subbed without timegated carrot on a sticks. Interesting.

still haven't logged this week, still 2 days left of gametime but even that i can easily pay with gold another month like always do not feeling it to be worth

probably will do like many started to doing and after 1 or 2 months or more came back and play all of the stuff without time gate or even just play 1 month before the next patch to do all that worth doing

by then will have all the catch up in renown, will complete all the covenant story and have access to all of the bonus in Soulbinds, so... why would i play this game now?

It is a good xpack in comparsion to bfa, but my answer is no:

Simply because there is no endgame: the maw is terrible, a zone where you go on a timer and need to do your things as fast as possible with the risk of losing a lot of stygia (if you would only loose the stygia you collected this day it wouldn't be as bad), and it's a boring zone with nearly zero lore in it: it's the army of the Jailor, that's all folks.

The rest are again world-quest-palooza just with lesser rewards than in bfa. It is better than bfa in many ways, but the endgame-content it meh. Just look at legion and Suramar: after this i hoped we get more zones like suramar, because it's a fucking blast to play there, BUT instead we got BfA with boring zones and Shadowlands having even more boring zones.

We need a suramar 2.0, not this craphole called the maw.

Slams BFA and Legion fused. I like this expansion a ton. Anima is a bitch to get, but luckily it's optional, so I don't NEED to have it in order to raid or gear up my character. Do wish we're able to get it faster though. Gearing is fun, but PVE gearing could be better. Maybe if badges were added back in, the gearing would be perfect. Hell, weapons have tokens. Why not gear? M+ is whatever (They should expand on the gear/anima a SLIGHT bit more, tho), Torghast should have more Layers, and rewards throughout the Expansion (Especially for the twisting corridors), it should also have better Anima selections for people (Cause Anima Power RNG is a bitch in certain runs, and it wastes people times), or at the very least some more nerfs (SPECIFICALLY TO BOSSES), and the Maw seriously needs some more stuff added to it.

Outside of that, WoW: Shadowlands is awesome. Classes are fun, covenants are better than I expected them to be, Castle Nathria is amazing, WQ's aren't a BITCH to go through, GEARING IS ACTUALLY MEANINGFUL, the story is mid (But whatever), PVE is pretty nice, and...oh my lord...

PVP IS AMAZING AGAIN! THANK FUCK!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and can I just say that the Legendary System is fucking glorious? Like, we're actually getting Legendaries based off our hard work through content?! That's insane. Automatically destroys that RNG shit from Legion, or those stupid fucking questlines from MoP, WoD, and BFA. The Zones are also much better than the Legion/BFA Zones combined, aswell. Like, there is real variety, the zones aren't as crowded, and they're interesting. More than I could say for 90% of the zones from the last 2 expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

7/10 Expansion so far. Outside of small gripes/personal issues, I love this expansion so far. Reminds me of MoP or WoTLK. That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Or the devs looked at it and said "some people complain about too many systems and others about too few, we will do what the hell we want, because apparently people stay with the game anyhow"

Because really that is what I since 2008 here: No matter what is in the game, there will be a thread criticizing it and people flock to it. (And to be clear: I am not even saying people don't have reasons or arguments or should not criticise)

In the case of SL: What is the suggestion from people? Remove several sytems? Like legendary crafting, armour upgrades? Sanctum upgrades? Soulbinds? Thorghast and / or the Maw? Or have them all just use one currency?
    Personally I think the systems are fine because a chunk of them are just cosmetic or convenience. Torghast stops being all that essential once you have your leggy maxed (or two maybe, if required), Conduits are basically obtained by playing the game as are Soulbinds, Legendaries were a pain in the early weeks but globally fine now. The rest, stuff like sanctum upgrades, Twisting Corridors, the weekly Covenant activity, etc. are just extras for people who want to indulge in it. Once your character is geared you don't actually interact with the systems much (at least by force of necessity) and the expansion becomes pretty damn chill.

Only really grindy system is the Maw for the sockets, and really nobody is "forced" to do that stuff save for the 1% of super high-end players which I'm not and so Ve'nari can stay in her mountless shithole for all I care.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

How in the flying fuck can you say raids are main focus of the game when you can get better gear than HC raid from M+ and doing rated pvp.
    You even get better gear from 1800 rated pvp than HC raid.

Stop posting if you're just going to vomit nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    shadowlands is just some tempalte garbage for diablo mmo

It’s a good start. Feels like it’s a bit lacking currently, but can be fixed with more patches.

The total lack of hints and communication of what’s to come though is increasingly getting a bit annoying though.

Does it really need to be that big a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Yes, we've had this thread before, but that was during launch. Now we can review what actually matters: the endgame. Is Shadowlands worth it? I feel like people will say "yes" just because it's better than BFA.
    its not better than bfa its worse, trust me the new shine will wear off and people will see it for what it is. a game purpously built with casuals in mind. of course if your casual you will absolutely love this expac.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    7/10 Expansion so far. Outside of small gripes/personal issues, I love this expansion so far. Reminds me of MoP or WoTLK. That's good.
    You call a 7/10 expansion praise-worthy and comparable to MoP and WotLK?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to really enjoy this expansion. After 10 days of playing, I can say this expansion is lights year better than BfA and is really close to Legion.

Pros
    +Castle Nathria raid is amazing
    +Dungeons are the best I've ever seen since TBC
    +The convenant campaing is engaging and rewarding
    +Classes are finally unprunned and feel like the old classes again
    +Finally crafting and professions matter again and they are fun
    +Minimal daily grinding
    +The leveling experience was pretty damn good
    +First expansion in a while which cares about PvP (it was about damn time)

Cons
    - Torghast is boring and mostly irrelevant
    - The Maw is arguably terrible and the worst feature of Shadowlands
    - Extreme timegating
    - the new zones aren't very good IMO (except Bastion), those are meant to be flown
    - they keep massively favoring the Alliance with the Warmode bonuses
    - the borrowed powers (anima, soulbinds, conduits) are not interesting at all

All in all, pretty solid expansion with its issues but it can end up being in the A tier with Legion or MoP (for me, S tier belongs to TBC and WotLK)

Quote Originally Posted by FaxiDerp View Post
    How in the flying fuck can you say raids are main focus of the game when you can get better gear than HC raid from M+ and doing rated pvp.
    You even get better gear from 1800 rated pvp than HC raid.

Stop posting if you're just going to vomit nonsense.
    Dude, I only PvP, and barely hit 1700 after 700 games. Am I bad, maybe, dunno, but I'm dedicated to Arena 2s and enjoying it.

You are telling everyone that gearing in PvP is so easy but I really think you either are too damn good at arenas and assume all are good, or you don't play at all and have no ideea what you are talking about. Most top PvP players say that they haven't seen such a hard climb in ranking in any other season/expac.

Top 0.5% - Gladiator

Top 3% - Duelist

Top 10% - Rival

Top 35% - Challenger

Only 10% of arena players hit 1800, and if they are playing from the start of the expansion, they have 9 items from the PvP gearing system.
    That is from both Vault and conquest.

Look at top rogue Pikaboo. 9 rated pvp items out of 16, for a total ilvl 217, in 6 weeks since the start of the rated season. He is part of Top 0.5% and has 3 PvE items on him 1x226 and 2x213.

Pikaboo

While if you look on WoW Progress at Mythic Raiding guildes, the roster starts at 220ilvl.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-16 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Dude, I only PvP, and barely hit 1700 after 700 games. Am I bad, maybe, dunno, but I'm dedicated to Arena 2s and enjoying it.

You are telling everyone that gearing in PvP is so easy but I really think you either are too damn good at arenas and assume all are good, or you don't play at all and have no ideea what you are talking about. Most top PvP players say that they haven't seen such a hard climb in ranking in any other season/expac.

Top 0.5% - Gladiator

Top 3% - Duelist

Top 10% - Rival

Top 35% - Challenger

Only 10% of arena players hit 1800, and if they are playing from the start of the expansion, they have 7 items from the PvP gearing system.
    That is from both Vault and conquest.

Look at top rogue Pikaboo. 9 rated pvp items out of 16, for a total ilvl 217, in 6 weeks since the start of the rated season. He is part of Top 0.5% and has 3 PvE items on him 1x226 and 2x213.

Pikaboo

While if you look on WoW Progress at Mythic Raiding guildes, the roster starts at 220ilvl.
    Because they're doing more content (raids/M+ and maybe PvP). Find me a raider with zero M+ & zero PvP gear that's 217 iLvl. Most of our raiders who PvP have more PvP gear than mythic raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Because they're doing more content (raids/M+ and maybe PvP). Find me a raider with zero M+ & zero PvP gear that's 217 iLvl. Most of our raiders who PvP have more PvP gear than mythic raid gear.
    Well, yeah, ofc That was the entire point of that, since if you do ONLY PVP, you can't match the ones doing only PvE. And you need to be really good at it to be even close.
    That was the entire point I was making. That it sounds so simple "all you need is 1800+ rating". But that is so fk hard to get in Shadowlands, at least atm in this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Well, yeah, ofc That was the entire point of that, since if you do ONLY PVP, you can't match the ones doing only PvE. And you need to be really good at it to be even close.
    That was the entire point I was making. That it sounds so simple "all you need is 1800+ rating". But that is so fk hard to get in Shadowlands, at least atm in this season.
    Fair point. RBGs are pretty decent for pushing rating for those perhaps inexperienced in arena, but that does still requires you have an experienced shotcaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Fair point. RBGs are pretty decent for pushing rating for those perhaps inexperienced in arena, but that does still requires you have an experienced shotcaller.
    The best way to view things, is to just start opening tabs for the first 10-20 Mythic Raiding guilds and open the first 20 players from each guild, you will have a big surprise as to how many got PvP items, and if they do, how many items do they have indeed.

If people would look up stuff for themself, they will not assume wrong views. I refer here at those calling "easy gearing in pvp 1800+".

If indeed there would have been so easy to gear from PvP to skip HC raiding, then we would have seen loads of mythic players wearing at least half their gear from PvP. But you might see 1-2 items, hell maybe 4 from those that actually love to PvP aswell. And as a PvE player that is geared in HC raiding, it is easy to get to 1800rating then as a PvP player that really starts at ilvl 187-190.

LE: Hell, I wonder if this is the exact reason I've reached 1900rating in BFA in the first place. Since there were no PvP vendors and I was forced to do Raiding and M+ and was ilvl 470.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-16 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    You call a 7/10 expansion praise-worthy and comparable to MoP and WotLK?
    For a start, yes. I pinned WoTLK and MoP the same rating when they came out. SL could've been lower, had half of the shit I mentioned been requirements, and not optional. But, because Blizzard finally figured wtf fun means, they didn't make the dumb shit requirements, let alone incredibly irritating. Even the Maw's pretty fuckin' optional.