902. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

472 52.33%
  • No

220 24.39%
  • Still too early to tell

210 23.28%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ...
    They really need to do something with PvE loot, it's super frustrating now - they made it way too much RNG now with nothing you can really do to affect it besides for vault. Thankfully they seem to acknowledge that as an issue last interview so there's hope.

Other than that - I hope they will soft retire Maw in 9.1 or 9.2 by slashing stygia costs or boosting stygia gains. Maw itself is really a shitty zone, imo. I got mount out of TC, which makes it bearable, but overall still annoying daily time waste.

I also hope they will go back in drums nerf so at least non-Mage/Hunters get to be invited to M+ pugs too.
    Last edited by Gaidax; Yesterday at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I also hope they will go back in drums nerf so at least non-Mage/Hunters get to be invited to M+ pugs too.
    That's not the issue. The problem is balance is so far off this xpac the only viable lust also happens to be some of the best specs in the game right now.

This has to be one of the worst balanced xpacs in a long time, we're currently sitting around 25% from top to bottom. Just within classes some of the spec differences are as high as 15% single target to 20% or more on cleave.

I think the xPack is great, in that it offers a lot.

However, I voted no.
    Simply because I found myself bored after playing for 2 weeks, at max level and decided to let the game establish itsself a bit more if I am to return.

I dont know but I'm startin againg,
    Bastion is so fucking boring, I think that the worst thing I haver seen since the zone from Cataclsym

I've never played an expansion that felt this openly and thoroughly timegated. The carrot on a stick is so blatant and in your face that it's honestly insulting and I often question why I'm even allowing myself to be conned out of $15 every month. The reduced loot drops, the long flight paths, the tedious running back and forth everywhere, etc, etc. It seems like this expansion is aimed entirely around making things take as long as possible so that they can stretch out their limited content and fish out more monthly subs. I know to some degree it's always been like this, but Shadowlands definitely makes it more apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    I've never played an expansion that felt this openly and thoroughly timegated. The carrot on a stick is so blatant and in your face that it's honestly insulting and I often question why I'm even allowing myself to be conned out of $15 every month. The reduced loot drops, the long flight paths, the tedious running back and forth everywhere, etc, etc. It seems like this expansion is aimed entirely around making things take as long as possible so that they can stretch out their limited content and fish out more monthly subs. I know to some degree it's always been like this, but Shadowlands definitely makes it more apparent.
    You already name it friend. Shadowland is nothing more than a carrot on a stick. Everything is time gated to the point it feels like a "game of waiting for something to happen", this terrible design came along with Legion, BFA and now Shadowlands. That is one of the main reasons i didn't paid for Shadowlands last year.

I prefer playing any other game than this trash of expansion. Not even the lore was worth the shot. I admit that i miss my characters, but what is the point of returning for such a poor content like the one being offered in Shadowlands....

Instead, i prefer playing ESO, GTAV, Fallout NV and other games.

Also fuck Cyberpunk trash, even the lead dev had to apologise because how poorly that game was done. Another $$$ i saved for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzipped View Post
    Exactly. And you ARE pretty much forced to do this instead of running actual meaningful content. Remember BC or LK when you had basically no other option but to play GROUP PVE in dungeons and raids? And then when you were done you did it again on alts because it was fun. Now you are wasting your time doing shitty boring solo junk content because some idiotic marketing manager thinks this will keep many people subbed. Well, not me for sure. And don't even get me started how unfun has pve content became. When content was fun and replayable, people stayed subbed without timegated carrot on a sticks. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Exactly. And you ARE pretty much forced to do this instead of running actual meaningful content. Remember BC or LK when you had basically no other option but to play GROUP PVE in dungeons and raids? And then when you were done you did it again on alts because it was fun. Now you are wasting your time doing shitty boring solo junk content because some idiotic marketing manager thinks this will keep many people subbed. Well, not me for sure. And don't even get me started how unfun has pve content became. When content was fun and replayable, people stayed subbed without timegated carrot on a sticks. Interesting.
    Actually i want to point out that PVP is also terrible in WoW. I never seen such a bad system, that not only the rewards are so slowly to get, but also so poorly to the point that you have to play for more than a month in order to gear up and be powerful in PVP. But even like that, the classes are not balanced at all.

I also made the mistake in one Thread to mention that there used to be vendors for PVP gear in Legion and BFA.....now i remember that it didn't, and that was the reason i stop playing PvP since Legion.

still haven't logged this week, still 2 days left of gametime but even that i can easily pay with gold another month like always do not feeling it to be worth

probably will do like many started to doing and after 1 or 2 months or more came back and play all of the stuff without time gate or even just play 1 month before the next patch to do all that worth doing

by then will have all the catch up in renown, will complete all the covenant story and have access to all of the bonus in Soulbinds, so... why would i play this game now?

It is a good xpack in comparsion to bfa, but my answer is no:

Simply because there is no endgame: the maw is terrible, a zone where you go on a timer and need to do your things as fast as possible with the risk of losing a lot of stygia (if you would only loose the stygia you collected this day it wouldn't be as bad), and it's a boring zone with nearly zero lore in it: it's the army of the Jailor, that's all folks.

The rest are again world-quest-palooza just with lesser rewards than in bfa. It is better than bfa in many ways, but the endgame-content it meh. Just look at legion and Suramar: after this i hoped we get more zones like suramar, because it's a fucking blast to play there, BUT instead we got BfA with boring zones and Shadowlands having even more boring zones.

We need a suramar 2.0, not this craphole called the maw.