Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So my main is level 60, and as of this weekend Renown 20, and on chapter 8 of the campaign. But I totally forgot about the legendary stuff LO, I did buy the cool looking Plate helm + shoulders, but then found out they can't both be equipped, only one, and they can't be transmogged. I have to gather more Ash or something from that Torhgast dungeon or something? And then bring it up to that big skeleton dragon creature? ok ...

My iLvl is only i165. Do I need to start running Heroic dungeons and then M+ to gear up? Which I'm happy to do, and like to run dungeons.

And the new city Oribos is rather large and too big to get around, much prefer a smaller Faction shared city like Dalaran.

I'm just a bit confused on what to do now, or where to go really? I guess continue with my campaign, and then what?

I don't dislike Shadowlands or anything, it just seems a bit bland to me, and sort of hard to follow on specifically what I'm supposed to be doing
    Skip heroics, go straight to Mythic 0's.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Just what are you on about? How is this an answer to any of my problems with anima?
    The "Kel_Sceptic" guy is clearly trolling.

He deliberately doubts if players have played Legion, BFA or calls other haven't played before Legion etc. if they have different opinions than him.

But in fact, you can tell from his posts, that he doesn't really have real understanding of how Legion, BFA or older expansions were.

SL has serious issues, and it will end up worse than BFA, if no drastic change are made in future patches.

Btw, I love how when BfA was heavily criticized for having so many systems in it throughout, the devs takeaway was not "damn, we have way too many systems" but rather "Understood. Then we should frontload the fuck out of these so many systems. Okay? Okay.".

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

He deliberately doubts if players have played Legion, BFA or calls other haven't played before Legion etc. if they have different opinions than him.

But in fact, you can tell from his posts, that he doesn't really have real understanding of how Legion, BFA or older expansions were.

SL has serious issues, and it will end up worse than BFA, if no drastic change are made in future patches.
    Dude, all I come up is with data and screenshots, giving info about what people whine about.
    When people said SL is grinding, I showed that all the weekly content you NEED to do, takes max 4hours per week.

When people said SL has no catchup systems for alts, I showed that an alt hit Renown level 16 in 1 day since ding, Renown 19 in 2 days and Renown 24 in 3 days.

I don't just spread MY OWN desires, I show how the game is, for better or worst, cause there are people that either don't know what to do, how to do, or there are people that haven't stated playing SL and wanna know if it is grindy or if they can catchup.

My main-feral is ilvl 204 and played since launch. Look at my gear and renown for my Rogue that dinged on 10.01. Only played PVP, no raiding/lfr/dungeons at all.

I think you are the one trolling, since your opinions are most likely made out on pure wishes, and if your wishes did not come true, this game sux. There is a difference between a game sucking or not being for you.

I always mention that people that started playing during Legion or BFA tend to not like this, because Legion and especially BFA, had too much gear trown at player, made gear look insignificant, they were grindy af, and they required you to cross paths to succed (to do PvE content to be relevant in PvP, gear up, etc).

In short:

A player that started playing in BFA, ofc will think SL is worse, cause he needs to actually play for that gear.
    But, in my opinion, as a 15 years player, SL has more in common with expacs like TBC/WOTLK, when it comes to gearing.
    Anima is not a power resource, at least not for main, but it is damn usefull for alt catchups. Look at my alt, 6 covenanta pieces ilvl 197 day 1 of patch, 3 days since dinging.

If you hate Torghast, you do it day1 1layer 7 + 1 layer 8, you got your legendary and go there when you want to upgrade your legendary again. That means 3 hours total in a 2 weeks period for a ilvl 220 Legendary.

The Maw, you don't have to do it at all if you don't want to get the gear socketer.
    Covenant systems, you don't have to do any, except the coevenant quest line + the 2 other weeklys, to be up-to-date. That is 1h per week of "work".
    The rest of the gameplay is up to you, if you love doing WQ, raiding, dungeons or pvp. This is all about.

Btw, I love how when BfA was heavily criticized for having so many systems in it throughout, the devs takeaway was not "damn, we have way too many systems" but rather "Understood. Then we should frontload the fuck out of these so many systems. Okay? Okay.".
    The systems in BFA were inter-dependent on each other. You couldn't wear azerite gear unlocked without azerite power. You couldn't be relevant without farming those 3 week essences, which you couldn't obtain without going to Naz, Mecha, PvP, raid, M+. You couldn't be relevant without farming those assaults for the visions for the corruption gear. You couldn't progress in War Campaign without mission tables. And so on.

That was the damnable part, since they were systems that were inter-dependant and were forcing you to do them.

In SL, most stuff in place is optional. If you don't want to play any covenant buildings, you can. If you don't wanna raid, do myrhics, you just can PvP and still be relevant.

The only forceable-doable things is choosing a covenant, leveling renown, do torghast 1 week for legendary, end of story.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-14 at 07:15 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    PvP is very fun, very fast paced just like it was in BFA. WoW is an esport.

PvE is fun too and if you can get into a guild and do stuff (Mythic+, Castle Nathria) with them, you are set for life.

Leveling from 50-60 in the Shadowlands was very linear and that's what they were going for. You get to use the new abilities while leveling until you make the hardest choice you will ever make in your life (getting married, having a baby, telling your parents that you're gay, etc.) and you pick your choice, your Covenant.

Once you hit 60, it's time to gear up. That's the WoW pattern (we should all know by now, eighth wow expansion).

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

Yeah it's getting clearer and clearer. I talk about apples and then he comes at me how I should not complain about oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Or the devs looked at it and said "some people complain about too many systems and others about too few, we will do what the hell we want, because apparently people stay with the game anyhow"

Because really that is what I since 2008 here: No matter what is in the game, there will be a thread criticizing it and people flock to it. (And to be clear: I am not even saying people don't have reasons or arguments or should not criticise)

In the case of SL: What is the suggestion from people? Remove several sytems? Like legendary crafting, armour upgrades? Sanctum upgrades? Soulbinds? Thorghast and / or the Maw? Or have them all just use one currency?
    Good question. I do think that expanding on starter systems with patches is good. The way BfA did was a mess tho. It was very panick-y, desperate, bandaid-y. But then how do you expand SL systems? There are so many, some of them are not very well liked. So either they force it more (maw comes to mind), or discontinue it. Either if they make the maw as a somewhat good zone, would players give it another chance? I feel like with these the devs have one choice with the first impression.

Yeah it's getting clearer and clearer. I talk about apples and then he comes at me how I should not complain about oranges.
    Ofc dude, when you whine about anima power, that is not a mandatory grind, hell it is not even a grind, and you can live without it.
    I showed you examples of how fk hard and tedious were things in TBC when you wanted to get a mount, since you said about anima mounts collectables. But you clearly didn't understand the difference between grinding one type of mob for 2 weeks, or grinding the same 5 dailies for 1 month, and being able to do various contonte, still get ANIMA, and still get a collectible mount.
    In 3 days playing I got 2 covenant buildings and 6 pieces of covenant gear to ilvl 197. I'll let you do the math on how much anima did I get in 3 days :/

The fact that you want loot/gear/collectibles for free, NOW, in big quantities, it is a YOU problem, not a game problem.

You are talking about 4 weeks in the future, when you will have "60(? we get more weekly at renown 24 so probably more) souls", how tf do you know it wont be a raise in anima also ? You just bash a part of the game just becasue YOU BELIVE that in 4 weeks in the future, you will not have enough anima.

By the looks of it, it can really show who is trolling by nitpicking stuff in the future - 4 weeks in front. jesus c
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-14 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    I showed you examples of how fk hard and tedious were things in TBC when you wanted to get a mount
    Ah dude, now I'm getting flashbacks of grinding ogres for Kurenai rep and Ogri'la for Skyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Ah dude, now I'm getting flashbacks of grinding ogres for Kurenai rep and Ogri'la for Skyguard.
    Well, we, normal people, do get flashbacks from ... the past

But it seems there are people getting "flashforwards" from the future )

15+ Year Old Account
    Super bored of it and dropped the expansion already, didn't even full clear normal. Some will say I'm burnt out on WoW, but I raid 4 days a week on Classic still, so it's definitely not a WoW issue or a me issue.

It's 2 issues actually, that can be summed up in very few words:
    1.) phasing/sharding/community/accountability = the world isn't immersive and you don't actually do anything in the open world as a guild.

2.) LFG/LFD/LFR, who cares if our guildie we played WoW with for 15 years falls behind because he doesn't wanna do M+ every single day, we can just replace his slot with LFR/LFD/LFG/io/Gearscore/dime a dozen pumper. In fact, your entire guild roster doesn't matter outside of Mythic, guilds themselves don't even matter.

The game seriously feels like an ARPG now, nothing MMO-like happens organically. You just travel from hub to hub, avoiding "world quests" as much as possible. It's garbage and nothing can make it more fun short of revamping retail and how servers work.

I don't think an MMO is gonna kill WoW, I think it's gonna be Diablo 4 or PoE 2. The more WoW mimics ARPGs, the more people will gravitate towards the superior package. Most people who play wow crap on PVP, so I doubt they care if it's excluded from Diablo 4, etc.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-01-14 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    thats the thing though....theres really not many mandatory systems at all lol theres soul ash....and once you make your 235 legendary you really dont need to do it again unless you need 2 of them this tier and then theres renown....the rest isnt really mandatory at all
    you really do need to if your class has 1 for ST and 2nd for AoE - and you need to do it 3rd time if you want to try tanking/healing.

each of those is 5200 ash + hundreds of thousands of gold . and you get 1140+ 120 a week . so you are gated by 3 months of gameplay from playing optimaly .

and this is assuming you are putting ash only into bis legendaries.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-01-14 at 09:04 AM.

Ofc dude, when you whine about anima power, that is not a mandatory grind, hell it is not even a grind, and you can live without it.
    I showed you examples of how fk hard and tedious were things in TBC when you wanted to get a mount, since you said about anima mounts collectables. But you clearly didn't understand the difference between grinding one type of mob for 2 weeks, or grinding the same 5 dailies for 1 month, and being able to do various contonte, still get ANIMA, and still get a collectible mount.
    In 3 days playing I got 2 covenant buildings and 6 pieces of covenant gear to ilvl 197. I'll let you do the math on how much anima did I get in 3 days :/

The fact that you want loot/gear/collectibles for free, NOW, in big quantities, it is a YOU problem, not a game problem.

You are talking about 4 weeks in the future, when you will have "60(? we get more weekly at renown 24 so probably more) souls", how tf do you know it wont be a raise in anima also ? You just bash a part of the game just becasue YOU BELIVE that in 4 weeks in the future, you will not have enough anima.

By the looks of it, it can really show who is trolling by nitpicking stuff in the future - 4 weeks in front. jesus c
    Lol. So you acknowledge the fact that anima income is low, because you are telling me to wait patiently for the devs to maybe raise the income rate. Nice. If you read my first post carefully, I started with "sometihng needs to happen with anima income". And that 35-70 anima in COMPARISON to the needed 10k then 12,5k then 15 k building advancements and very high amount of collectibles costing 1k-25k anima each is laughably and offensively low. This is all what I said. Instead of arguing with this, you started to whinge around anything but this subject.
    See how you have no idea what you're talking about?
    The fact that there is no player power attached to anima is just a positive for YOU. Like I said at least 3 times already I'm a COLLECTOR so I WANT those stuff gated behind anima, NOT PLAYER POWER. Player power, aka upgrading the covenant gear is just menas to farm even more anima but easier. Again, you clearly don't understand where I'm coming from AT ALL.
    I recenlty celebrated 32k achieve points, got 1323 pets, god knows how many mounts because the statistics tab doesn't track it anymore, 612 toys, so the likelihood of me having some understading and flashbacks from TBC is very likely. My account is also 10 years old so I probably didn't start in legion.
    And you know what? You could be done with all the TBC reps in a couple of weeks (by that I mean less than a month). And you know what held you back? The daily quest cap. Your SENSE OF PROGRESS was so much better than now.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-14 at 08:52 AM.

Lol. So you acknowledge the fact that anima income is low, because you are telling me to wait patiently for the devs to maybe raise the income rate. Nice. If you read my first post carefully, I started with "sometihng needs to happen with anima income". And that 35-70 anima in COMPARISON to the needed 10k then 12,5k then 15 k building advancements and very high amount of collectibles costing 1-25k anima each is laughably and offensively low. This is all what I said. Instead of arguing with this, you started to whinge around anything but this subject.
    See how you have no idea what you're talking about?
    The fact that there is no player power attached to anima is just a positive for YOU. Like I said at least 3 times already I'm a COLLECTOR so I WANT those stuff gated behind anima, NOT PLAYER POWER. Again, you clearly don't understand where I'm coming from AT ALL.
    I recenlty celebrated 32k achieve points, got 1323 pets, god knows how many mounts because the statistics tab doesn't track it anymore, 612 toys, so the likelihood of me having some understading and flashbacks from TBC is very likely. My account is also 10 years old so I probably didn't start in legion.
    And you know what? You could be done with all the TBC reps in a couple of weeks (by that I mean less than a month). And you know what held you back? The daily quest cap. Your SENSE OF PROGRESS was so much better than now.
    No dude, I just said I got loads of anyma in 3 days to get 6 covenant items to ilvl 197 and 2 covenent buildings layer 1.

At this time, even if I had 1000000000 anima, I would still not be able to do more then 1 of those 10k buildings, since I don't got enough souls.

Souls are being gated, and this is an MMORPG, where you choose what your priority in buildings/mounts is.

I'm a COLLECTOR so I WANT those stuff gated behind anima, NOT PLAYER POWER. Again, you clearly don't understand where I'm coming from AT ALL.
    Actually, I said it earlier I really do understand where you come from. You want it all NOW.
    People seem to not understand gating. While it does suck overall having gated stuff, at least it is GATED for everyone.
    I feel your pain about anima being ... low, but if you only see the 35anima, you are clearly doing something wrong, since weekly you can do 5k anima without even bother.

You tend to like the old collectibles style that was in game, like kill ~700 ogre to be exalted, or fixed 1 month timing of dailies.

Dunno why you would love a restricted system like that, but I respect you desire.

I, on the other hand love that in this expansion I can do various type of content, and still get the mount, without the need to actually do 1 type of thing, eg. kill 70 ogres.

This is the only reason I love the actual renown power system being gated, while I don't like gated systems myself.

On my main, I got 2x tier 2 buildings, 2x tier 1 buildings, 1 5k 75 offering anima Wild Glimmerfur Prowler + different anima toys and soulshapes. But no 10k building, since this is what I decided I want. It is an RPG. Now I'm saving for the 10k transport layer 3 bulding, to have the portal to oribos.

Depends on how you look at things, but the obsession for something, now, mostly do all things unpleasent.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-14 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Super bored of it and dropped the expansion already, didn't even full clear normal. Some will say I'm burnt out on WoW, but I raid 4 days a week on Classic still, so it's definitely not a WoW issue or a me issue.

It's 2 issues actually, that can be summed up in very few words:
    1.) phasing/sharding/community/accountability = the world isn't immersive and you don't actually do anything in the open world as a guild.

2.) LFG/LFD/LFR, who cares if our guildie we played WoW with for 15 years falls behind because he doesn't wanna do M+ every single day, we can just replace his slot with LFR/LFD/LFG/io/Gearscore/dime a dozen pumper. In fact, your entire guild roster doesn't matter outside of Mythic, guilds themselves don't even matter.

The game seriously feels like an ARPG now, nothing MMO-like happens organically. You just travel from hub to hub, avoiding "world quests" as much as possible. It's garbage and nothing can make it more fun short of revamping retail and how servers work.

I don't think an MMO is gonna kill WoW, I think it's gonna be Diablo 4 or PoE 2. The more WoW mimics ARPGs, the more people will gravitate towards the superior package. Most people who play wow crap on PVP, so I doubt they care if it's excluded from Diablo 4, etc.
    what you describe is only possible in classic because of how easy it is.

in retail there is no chance of carrying dead weights during progression like in classic - thats why gearscore/itlv/raider io exist - because unlike classic reatil is a very hard chalenging game

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah and don't get me started on the soul ash. I crafted the mid tier one for Frost, then the PVP one, then I was about to craft the Unholy one so I could have the option to do decent damage, then I was asked to tank. So that's 4 legendaries and I just noped the hell out of the game, screw that.

Imagine if you had to do islands and World Quests to get your legendary, that's Shadowlands basically. "Oh the content is optional" is a straight up jebait, it always is everytime anyone says that. "Optional" doesn't work with retail WoW anymore, if optional was a thing, people would never step foot in WoW's open world and you'd actually be able to progress your character with just PVP; no conduit drops, no world boss BS, no renown caps, no pointless garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what you describe is only possible in classic because of how easy it is.

in retail there is no chance of carrying dead weights during progression like in classic - thats why gearscore/itlv/raider io exist - because unlike classic reatil is a very hard chalenging game
    What exactly is only possible? I'm not sure what aspect of my post you're even responding to. What does carrying people have to do with my post, wtf.

Also how is 1 shotting people to 3k rating hard? You need to be more specific with your statements. The only thing hard is Mythic raid. Things that scale health and dmg indefinitely like M+ is just cheese that could be overcome if you had more gear, but you're gear capped with patches.
    Last edited by msdos; 2021-01-14 at 09:10 AM.

It surprises me that SL's impression is this good.
    No grining, various activities, decent storyline, neat catch-up mechanics for alts, a lot of covenant-specific content to not get bored with alts.
    Not sure I'll stick to SL for too long, but right now it's definitely good.

No dude, I just said I got loads of anyma in 3 days to get 6 covenant items to ilvl 197 and 2 covenent buildings layer 1.

At this time, even if I had 1000000000 anima, I would still not be able to do more then 1 of those 10k buildings, since I don't got enough souls.

Souls are being gated, and this is an MMORPG, where you choose what your priority in buildings/mounts is.

Actually, I said it earlier I really do understand where you come from. You want it all NOW.

People seem to not understand gating. While it does suck overall having gated stuff, at least it is GATED for everyone.
    I feel your pain about anima being ... low, but if you only see the 35anima, you are clearly doing something wrong, since weekly you can do 5k anima without even bother.

You tend to like the old collectibles style that was in game, like kill ~700 ogre to be exalted, or fixed 1 month timing of dailies.

Dunno why you would love a restricted system like that, but I respect you desire.

I, on the other hand love that in this expansion I can do various type of content, and still get the mount, without the need to actually do 1 type of thing, eg. kill 70 ogres.

This is the only reason I love the actual renown power system being gated, while I don't like gated systems myself.
    We are running in circles because nowhere did I say I want it NOW. Do you understand that getting 70 anima in comparison to 10k THEN 12.5k THEN 15k goal is just idiotic? I want it in a fair amount of time. 70 anima compared to everything that needs anima is far far far from fair.
    So do you have a building at tier 3 on your alt? Tier 1&2 is nothing. Tier 4? How far are you from tier 4 on main?
    Have you done the MATH that just how much time would it take for you to upgrade all buildings to max? Or at least a guesswork?
    And then again: you said I should wait patiently for them to raise the income rate. That is what I said as well, that they should raise the income. Secondly, IF, again IF they raise the income, I could just unsub and save myself from sweating and then just come back in x.2 and do it in a day.
    I have enough souls to upgrade tier 3 (because I dont care for the conductor -got it on tier 2 - or the travel network - tier 2 as well -, or the mission table - tier 1, they are trash, I want to focus on the "fun" buildings) and from next week we get weekly 15? souls (EVEN ON ALTS if you are caught up on renown), so I will be much much ahead with souls than anima. And remember, souls cap at 100.
    On night fae, the conservatory is a huge letdown, bordeline unusable till tier 4. Thats MONTHS of work for nothing to enjoy in the meantime. Abomination stitching is very fun (for me) but that is on my alt (tier 2), so he has naturally less anima income than my main. It's a huge slogfest.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-01-14 at 09:28 AM.

And then again: you said I should wait patiently for them to raise the income rate. That is what I said as well. SEcondly, IF, again IF they raise the income, I could just unsub and save myself from sweating and then just come back in x.2 and do it in a day.
    I have enough souls to upgrade tier 3 (because I dont care for the conductor or the travel network, they are trash, I want to focus on the "fun" buildings) and from next week we get weekly 15? souls, so I will be much much ahead with souls than anima. And remember, souls cap at 100.
    Whats that have to do with anything ? It is an MMORPG, just like the covenant story was gated for 8 weeks and now you can do it all in one go. Just like the war campaign, or any other content, WoD Garrison buildings, ofc you can come back in 1 year and just do anything in 2 weeks, or 4 weeks, if that is your goal.

It is an MMORPG, not a single player you play at YOUR OWN PACE, you either follow the game's pace when it is live, or just come back and play it as a singleplayer.

You are just blocked at the anima part, but you cannot see that it is normal to be that way, at least for most of us that included this game in their lifestyle for over 15 years. I don't care if the game is gated, as long as it is equally gated for everyone else, since I will daily/weekly log into this game and if all would be released, it will rain with "boored of wow, nothing to do, see you next patch".

From the looks of it, your purpose is to FINISH COLLECTING ALL and quit untill a next major patch. But you, yourself figure how stuff works, you won't feel misserable if you play collectibles 1 patch later since you just want it all done in 1 month's subscription period.

On night fae, the conservatory is a huge letdown, bordeline unusable till tier 4. Thats MONTHS of work for nothing to enjoy in the meantime.
    Yes, because you are playing the ... somewhat wrong game. You want it to be like a Farcry/Tombraider singleplayer game where you do "Platinum trophy" for collecting all stuff. And yes, in those games you can do it in 1-2 days.

But again, this is, and I said it a couple of times, an MMORPG.

Pet Battles, Collectables, are third party stuff, and the core of the game being PvE (Raiding, Dungeons, WQ (maybe)) and PvP. Even if for you Collectables is the main core that drives you to play this game, it is not the main core of the game itself
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-14 at 09:28 AM.

Whats that have to do with anything ? It is an MMORPG, just like the covenant story was gated for 8 weeks and now you can do it all in one go. Just like the war campaign, or any other content, WoD Garrison buildings, ofc you can come back in 1 year and just do anything in 2 weeks, or 4 weeks, if that is your goal.

It is an MMORPG, not a single player you play at YOUR OWN PACE, you either follow the game's pace when it is live, or just come back and play it as a singleplayer.

You are just blocked at the anima part, but you cannot see that it is normal to be that way, at least for most of us that included this game in their lifestyle for over 15 years. I don't care if the game is gated, as long as it is equally gated for everyone else, since I will daily/weekly log into this game and if all would be released, it will rain with "boored of wow, nothing to do, see you next patch".

From the looks of it, your purpose is to FINISH COLLECTING ALL and quit untill a next major patch. But you, yourself figure how stuff works, you won't feel misserable if you play collectibles 1 patch later since you just want it all done in 1 month's subscription period.

Yes, because you are playing the ... somewhat wrong game. You want it to be like a Farcry/Tombraider singleplayer game where you do "Platinum trophy" for collecting all stuff. And yes, in those games you can do it in 1-2 days.

But again, this is, and I said it a couple of times, an MMORPG.

Pet Battles, Collectables, are third party stuff, and the core of the game being PvE (Raiding, Dungeons, WQ (maybe)) and PvP. Even if for you Collectables is the main core that drives you to play this game, it is not the main core of the game itself
    "This is an mmo so pacing doesn't matter" is the worst nonargument ever. In every game your time spent matters, your goals matter. The time it takes to reach your goals matter. You brought TBC as an example. You could be done with every faction in 3-4 weeks. In that amount of time I can upgrade my queen's consevatory to give me 10 useless fish isntead of 5 useless fish. Great progress, very satisfying.

Shadowlands is just same shit all over again. What we had in the last 3 xpacs is now sold under a different skin, same old same old. Farming and leveling alts is annoying as fck. At least they should have made leveling and gearing alts less tedious to enjoy that part of the game because in rest is all about farming 24/7.
    And the story oh god the story it doesn't make any sense at all.