Poll: Is Shadowlands good?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Shadowlands is just same shit all over again. What we had in the last 3 xpacs is now sold under a different skin, same old same old. Farming and leveling alts is annoying as fck. At least they should have made leveling and gearing alts less tedious to enjoy that part of the game because in rest is all about farming 24/7.
    And the story oh god the story it doesn't make any sense at all.
    Think its good that alts are tedious helps to avoid people rerolling to what ever spec is the favor of the month. That’s the worst part about this game these days the community and there tier lists, it’s killing the game.

Best expansion we had for a while.

The first 4-6 weeks have been way better than BfA, that's for sure. But Shadowlands has several major issues that only will get worse the longer it's running:

1. Torghast is absolutely horrible unless you like grinding trash mobs for hours and hours.

2. Timegating might be worse than ever. Gettin fed tiny pieces of worthwhile story content each weak is pitiful.

3. The design of the zones without being able to fly, without having access to the flight whistle and with so few flight masters is horrible and gets on your nerves very quickly.

4. The Maw... is pointless and zero fun.

5. Playing more than one character takes a lot of time to catch up. Maintaining more than one character is a ton of tedious work and not fun.

Shadowlands has many positive features, the Covenants are way better than expected, the dungeons are pretty good to great, Castle Nathria is a fantastic raid and many classes are fun to play. But I don't see how this expansion will keep you subbed. There is just little content if you're not into pushing Mythic+. Content outside of dungeons and raids is very... underwhelming and sparse.

I'm curious to see what 9.1 will bring, because it has to improve the overworld content by a lot, if not, there's literally no reason to step foot into one of the zones besides your weekly world boss kills and maybe gathering anima for your weekly Covenant quest.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Think its good that alts are tedious helps to avoid people rerolling to what ever spec is the favor of the month. That’s the worst part about this game these days the community and there tier lists, it’s killing the game.
    For me it would be perfect to have the same system as in diablo 3, all chars that share same inventory reps and stuff.

Liking it. Alt friendly af. Currently have 2
    Alts that are geared up, thinking of levelling another one soon. Torghast is fun and the maw requires just 5 min a week if you hate it. I enjoyed it and will be exalted this week, after that my activity will drop in the maw since the novelty runs out.

Loot is having some issues imo because grinding an instance over and over to get the item you need is the only tedious thing I find in the game atm.

Design of Torghast and maw is a bit bland though. Think it was a missed opportunity not to have a mix of environments since some environments would be more hell to some creatures than others.

Like having fire attuned races be tortured in water environment and such. That way they could mix and match and make it more interesting than grey.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-14 at 10:32 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    "This is an mmo so pacing doesn't matter" is the worst nonargument ever. In every game your time spent matters, your goals matter. The time it takes to reach your goals matter. You brought TBC as an example. You could be done with every faction in 3-4 weeks. In that amount of time I can upgrade my queen's consevatory to give me 10 useless fish isntead of 5 useless fish. Great progress, very satisfying.
    So for the moment, we could get like 54 Redeemed Souls.
    Out of those, you could have:
    Tier 3 Conservatory + 14 Redeemed Souls that you could either spend or wait for the rest of 26 Redeemed Souls to make Tier 4 Conservatory.

Those 26 Redeemed Souls means 2 more weeks (15 + 15, renown 30). You make Tier 4 Conservatory and you will be left with 4 Reedemed souls.

+ another 15, renown 33, and after that It will increase to 20 Redeemed Souls per week.

4 weeks from now you will have 39 Redeemed Souls and you will need 70 for Tier 5 COnservatory, that means you need another 2 weeks.

So the gating makes it so that you can have your Tier 5 build in 6 weeks from now, if you priotireze the Redeemed Souls, else it might take 2-4 more weeks.

Is it timegated, yeah for sure. Is Anima your problem ? Seems not.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-01-14 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    what you describe is only possible in classic because of how easy it is.

in retail there is no chance of carrying dead weights during progression like in classic - thats why gearscore/itlv/raider io exist - because unlike classic reatil is a very hard chalenging game
    This is very true.

pvp seems little broken, but all other things seems fine for me

From my perspective of a “about 1 hour per day and not even all days” player, main side I’m quite satisfied atm. Progression via M+ (which I do) is slow but steady and having not to grind reps anymore for pathfinder (hoping that Blizzard will stick with this promise) for me is a huge step forward, I can happily skip all WQ apart from the ones that give 250 anima and useful conduits (very very very few). Yeah, renown is basically a masked rep, but since it’s capped weekly and reaching the cap is fast, I’m totally fine with that (what a pity that campaign is - hopefully temporarily - over).

Only real disappointment as of now for me is Torghast, as a resto shaman is incredibly boring and totally unrewarding, you have 3-4 buttons to press in sequence for 1 hour for a bunch of ash and maybe a crappy follower for the adventure table and that’s all.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-01-14 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you really do need to if your class has 1 for ST and 2nd for AoE - and you need to do it 3rd time if you want to try tanking/healing.

each of those is 5200 ash + hundreds of thousands of gold . and you get 1140+ 120 a week . so you are gated by 3 months of gameplay from playing optimaly .

and this is assuming you are putting ash only into bis legendaries.
    thats if you're doing it all on your main. most people dont have a class that can also tank lol and getting to 235 is a neglible upgrade anyways so you dont have to rush that if you dont feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    This is very true.
    The WildStarification of WoW.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Perfect? No. Good? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I must say I am ok for example with Stygia and Venari. You don't really have to do anything for that NPC, but it does offer convenience in the Maw and Torghast. Granted...some ppl will call that "forced". But people also complain how pvp is mandatory...and I still don't do it and can enjoy the game.

From next week on, getting renown is also even more optional than it was before. Then there is the entire Path of Ascension Sanctum upgrade that offers a unique armour set and seems like a pain to get, yet nobody complains about that. Maybe because they haven't discovered it?
    Besides the weekly quests I'm not doing the maw and I'm not too mad about it. I don't understand why it is good to have wasted content in the game, but as long as it doesn't interfere with my main enjoyment, and there is actually something else to do that I like, I'm fine. It looks like a lot of wasted budget tho if players don't like it, and it looks like a continuation of wasted budget if they decide to expand upon it. Or at least very risky.

I have no idea what Kyrian buildings has to offer, I only know my main's and my alts (2 NF, 1 Necro, 1 Venthyr), and Abomination stitching is just so good, and fun, and fair (at least on tier 2) the NF conservatory is useless till tier 4, party is ... party. I can imagine that there is a level of confusion because theres just so many things going on at once so that's why we don't see people in crowds complainig about specifics.

1.Starving for loot...doing whole raid without getting anything,m+ spam ends you up with 35 anima 95% of the time.
    2.Alts dont have open torghas once they ding 60
    3.No mount in maw...who ever came up with this ...bruh..
    4.Again no flying mounts...

Almost not playing it

last reset only done the campaign and world boss, didn't bother to do Torghast for ash, didn't even done a single m+ for the chest

this reset didn't even log in yet

So ya... from a player that loves m+ and raids and likes to do stuff in the world nothing seems fun (this Shadowlands WQs are so boring) or worth doing

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    Almost not playing it

last reset only done the campaign and world boss, didn't bother to do Torghast for ash, didn't even done a single m+ for the chest

this reset didn't even log in yet

So ya... from a player that loves m+ and raids and likes to do stuff in the world nothing seems fun (this Shadowlands WQs are so boring) or worth doing
    This week they have the do 20 WQ weekly, enjoy
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The only thing keeping me playing was the covenant storylines, which are now done. Last week I logged in to do a bit, this week I finished it and.... no real desire to do much more.

I think Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with making 4x more storyline than a lot of players will play.

If they'd made it such that once you finished one covenants storyline you could move on to help another covenant (and earn their gear), that would have greatly lengthened the playable time. I'd be moving on from my main's covenant to do another, and then another, and then another... just to see how things played out.

They said after Legion that they "learned" it was a bad thing to devote a lot of dev time to things only part of the playerbase experienced, because it meant that the number of players relative to dev time was low unless people played alts. It doesn't seem like they actually learned that lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

If you like pvp its good.. if you heroic raid or do M+ its garbage. I levels for content is way off and it makes it pointless to even run M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really need to do something with PvE loot, it's super frustrating now - they made it way too much RNG now with nothing you can really do to affect it besides for vault. Thankfully they seem to acknowledge that as an issue last interview so there's hope.

Other than that - I hope they will soft retire Maw in 9.1 or 9.2 by slashing stygia costs or boosting stygia gains. Maw itself is really a shitty zone, imo. I got mount out of TC, which makes it bearable, but overall still annoying daily time waste.

I also hope they will go back in drums nerf so at least non-Mage/Hunters get to be invited to M+ pugs too.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2021-01-15 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I also hope they will go back in drums nerf so at least non-Mage/Hunters get to be invited to M+ pugs too.
    That's not the issue. The problem is balance is so far off this xpac the only viable lust also happens to be some of the best specs in the game right now.

This has to be one of the worst balanced xpacs in a long time, we're currently sitting around 25% from top to bottom. Just within classes some of the spec differences are as high as 15% single target to 20% or more on cleave.