Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset happens.

    Still a better solution than begging to Blizzard.
    Will never work as long as resets are on different days, if they'd be on the same day then EU would get a 9h headstart, but both would start on the same day.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Why wouldn't it work?

    All it needs is an agreement between WF raiding guilds that they would respect the wait until the EU reset. That is all.

    From a technical standpoint there is no issue here. Would they be willing to do this? Probably not because they would have done it already.
    But it's a solution until Blizz actually merges the resets.
    The problem here is that while there is indeed a real headstart, there's also the factor of dealing with the bugs on the US side of the spectrum. If you don't acknowledge that part, then it will just get lopsided in favor of EU.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    ...or we could have 1 guild adapt and go to american servers already instead of having million of people to adapt rofl, as always wow gamers being out of touch with reality
    I thought it was World First, not American First.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Yes. If you total all previous boss kills, it shows EU players are superior. We have increased intelligence, strength, reflexes and muscle memory.
    You mean past EU guilds did. Not you, not I.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause this isn't a traditional sport. With normal sports you have everyone start on equal grounds in the same place. IF we were to do that with this everyone would need to be in the same place using pc\s with all the same add-ons/specs.

    I'm just saying there are too many factors that using time alone isn't right. To me a person that killed it in 2 days without practice did it much faster than the one that did it with 100 hours of practice and 2 days.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it's just world first atm. EU is a day behind.
    Name me an esport that is comparable to WF that clearly doesn't have equal start points then.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The problem here is that while there is indeed a real headstart, there's also the factor of dealing with the bugs on the US side of the spectrum. If you don't acknowledge that part, then it will just get lopsided in favor of EU.

    - - - Updated - - -


    I thought it was World First, not American First.
    Stop thinking, you fail at it.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Stop thinking, you fail at it.
    Great refutation. You win Reddit gold, sir.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Yes, that would be the best solution. I already stated this.

    But Blizzard interference is not an option in this discussion. Especially since the WF race is not officially held by Blizz, but by the community.
    So the community would need to establish some rules first.
    The best solution outside of Blizzards interference would be IF a US guild gets 'technical' world first then EU has x hours to take the title(x being the time difference between start times because I don't know off hand what it is).
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause this isn't a traditional sport. With normal sports you have everyone start on equal grounds in the same place. IF we were to do that with this everyone would need to be in the same place using pc\s with all the same add-ons/specs.

    I'm just saying there are too many factors that using time alone isn't right. To me a person that killed it in 2 days without practice did it much faster than the one that did it with 100 hours of practice and 2 days.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it's just world first atm. EU is a day behind.
    You're giving me the esports argument, I've heard it a million times because my best friends are 2 NA PUBG tier 1 pros and I've spoken to people in that space about it all the time. Look Orange, whatever way you spin this, you're wrong here. You cannot consider ANYTHING competitive unless you start at the same point, or are measured against the same ruler, that's just a fact. Your argument about needing to have the same PC's with addons/spec isn't true, its not any different to Olympic sprinters using different brands of running shoes, or as you might see in my name (I used to throw the javelin for GB) Javelin throwers owning their own Javelins of which there are a lot of brands, they fly different, they have different styles, all are legal.

    If a guildy has such a bad PC that its causing them issues playing, then its the guilds job to replace them until they get a better spec pc.

    If I said to you, if you are familiar with battle royale/PUBG, that NA teams can jump out of the plane 10 minutes before EU teams, and loot up, before playing the game, you'd say that's outrageous and ridiculous, and its not remotely fair or competitive as they simply don't start on a level footing, its no different with the world first. You cannot consider it fair in good conscience. PUBG pros compete regularly with their own PC specs, their own mice and keyboards, headphones and AMP's. But they play the same game on the same footing, and that's a competition.

    In a perfect world, yes, all the players would be shipped out to a location, given 30 PC's, deprived of access to the internet/twitch with exception of access to world of warcraft servers, and set loose, with the public able to watch all teams streams, they would all start at the same time, on the same rigs, and nobody would be able to learn tactics from each other, and we could see the winner, but that isn't going to happen nor will a worldwide release be likely to happen, so for now the best solution is to fix up the criteria for world first, and by any measure the logical solution here is to judge them on how long it took them from their local release to their kill.
    Last edited by JavelinJoe; 2020-12-24 at 01:33 PM.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Great refutation. You win Reddit gold, sir.
    Worth your previous post, to be more specific this part "I thought it was World First, not American First."

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Worth your previous post.
    Based argument winner. Sure got owned by you le epic style.

    Now can you reply with something worth considering or should I just ignore you?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The best solution outside of Blizzards interference would be IF a US guild gets 'technical' world first then EU has x hours to take the title(x being the time difference between start times because I don't know off hand what it is).
    That would have to be agreed to and also try to take into account the fact that US runs into bugs being that they go first, too.

    And at that point, you'd also have to consider other regions out of fairness.

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The best solution outside of Blizzards interference would be IF a US guild gets 'technical' world first then EU has x hours to take the title(x being the time difference between start times because I don't know off hand what it is).
    So what about USAs time wasted on buggy encounters, or the fact that sponsors likely require guilds to stream their progress and thus help EU nail down strats and such before they go in? How do we account for this? Being first has some drawbacks.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    So what about USAs time wasted on buggy encounters, or the fact that sponsors likely require guilds to stream their progress and thus help EU nail down strats and such before they go in? How do we account for this? Being first has some drawbacks.
    This is true. It doesn't negate the headstart, but it is a factor all the same. It seems difficult to calculate a timer based on it. I couldn't do it, but maybe there are people who can.

  12. #112
    Even in Classic the last raid Naxx was released globally. So in the evening for EU. The no life guilds stayed up late and raced against the NA and CN guilds. Works perfectly fine and the 2000+ normal guilds that cleared it the coming days and weeks were fine with it obviously.

    So next tier #globalrelease !

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Based argument winner. Sure got owned by you le epic style.
    Now can you reply with something worth considering or should I just ignore you?
    I already posted regarding the matter feel free to check the history, I don't like repeating myself to people like you cherrypicking and posting something stupid such as "I thought it was World First, not American First." which is obvious trolling. Feel free to ignore me, I'm doing the same thing of ignoring you since you lack knowledge/expertise/proper arguements.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    I already posted regarding the matter feel free to check the history, I don't like repeating myself to people like you cherrypicking and posting something stupid such as "I thought it was World First, not American First." as the reply which is obvious trolling. Feel free to ignore me, I'm doing the same thing of ignoring you.
    Okay, thanks and have a good day.

  15. #115
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is true. It doesn't negate the headstart, but it is a factor all the same. It seems difficult to calculate a timer based on it. I couldn't do it, but maybe there are people who can.
    Exactly. It's messy no matter what. However, it's been like 19 hours since Denathrius was killed and Echo is still 9/10, they had pulls around 12% so... they just gave up? Maybe they saw their DPS was a little behind Limit's? Or maybe it was their terrible coms and the stress and other things that come along with that kind of environment? Who knows, either way Limit was the MVP this race by far, more professional in every way.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Exactly. It's messy no matter what. However, it's been like 19 hours since Denathrius was killed and Echo is still 9/10, they had pulls around 12% so... they just gave up? Maybe they saw their DPS was a little behind Limit's? Or maybe it was their terrible coms and the stress and other things that come along with that kind of environment? Who knows, either way Limit was the MVP this race by far, more professional in every way.
    They had a sub 1% wipe about 30 mins ago.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Exactly. It's messy no matter what. However, it's been like 19 hours since Denathrius was killed and Echo is still 9/10, they had pulls around 12% so... they just gave up? Maybe they saw their DPS was a little behind Limit's? Or maybe it was their terrible coms and the stress and other things that come along with that kind of environment? Who knows, either way Limit was the MVP this race by far, more professional in every way.
    They could've given up as soon as Limit got Denathrius down as they figured that that would be acknowledged as the world first.

    Anyway, the most feasible (that is not to say good) solution I have seen is for Blizzard to set up special servers for the world first race, but that in itself is a lot of heavy lifting. Still insist that a competition that doesn't take all of these factors into account isn't much of a race, though.

    But I'm happy to give Limit the win now that even any headstart has been thoroughly negated.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause this isn't a traditional sport. With normal sports you have everyone start on equal grounds in the same place. IF we were to do that with this everyone would need to be in the same place using pc\s with all the same add-ons/specs.

    I'm just saying there are too many factors that using time alone isn't right. To me a person that killed it in 2 days without practice did it much faster than the one that did it with 100 hours of practice and 2 days.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No it's just world first atm. EU is a day behind.
    This seems a bit odd but if top guilds agree it’s good like this, just let this be.

  19. #119
    Stood in the Fire LuckyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    North-rhine-westphalia
    Posts
    400
    It has never been truly competitive/esports level, as pointed out by so many... (for that to be the case there would need to be more changes than just the time difference), it's just a nice and fun community spectacle.

    I don't understand how you can get so salty about this or even demand changes that would also affect 99% of other raiding players even if only slightly.

  20. #120
    Herald of the Titans Jazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who knows.
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    They had a sub 1% wipe about 30 mins ago.
    It's taken them 19 hours to shave off 10%? Yikes. Either way at this point, Limit won.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •