Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    What about resets and maintenance?
    Doesn’t matter. All players get to play at the same time starting Sunday and deal with the same down time on maintenance.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    It's not a better solution.
    It's the solution that the community (which mean WF raiders) can implement RIGHT NOW with the limited input they have.
    The easier solution than begging endlessly.

    The reason I proposed the EU, and this will shock you, is because the EU reset is the one LATER.
    Just so you know, it's much easier to wait for NA than to time-travel for EU players.

    To answer the deleted post also, it would actually work better if the EU reset was set to the current NA timer than the other way around.
    But as I said above with that we currenlty have available the easiest solution is if NA players simply waited.

    - - - Updated - - -



    See above. Nobody cares, this is a world first race. Either your goal is fair competition or sleeping until 10 AM.

    Obviously, the counter argument would be that the current setup is unfair to EU players, as by the time the servers reset NA is at 7/10 and you are literally lagging behind playing catch up.
    So using your logic the race should start when China opens 2 days after EU opens because they are later. But using actual logic the server would open on NA time as Blizzard's devs are based out of California and opening of servers during times when all staff is available and normally working.

  3. #163
    Herald of the Titans Porimlys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneto View Post
    Why is this a better solution than Blizzard setting a global reset-day?
    theres just so many logistical issues that come up with the idea of a global reset day: blizzard employees having to do maintenance at bizarre hours, the reset hour being at night time for EU, the fact that limit and echo are not the only guilds who raid and in fact everyonr else out numbers those two guilds by a lot so forcing everyone else to go by these weird hours just for 50-60 players isnt really a good move, the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2020-12-24 at 04:10 PM.

  4. #164
    Best solution I can think of tbh is Blizzard just making the world first races an official competition and accommodating the teams that intend to compete and inviting them into a special studio of sorts to progress like two weeks ahead of the raid releasing for the rest of the world on custom realms.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    It's competition created by players as something to brag about not by blizzard, why are you forcing blizzard's hand to interfere while they are clearly not interested in it? It is not a real competition and thats why you and all your arguements fail.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...hria-has-begun ??? Not interested?
    It is indeed not a real competition cause its not fair. The whole point of my posts were that it needs to have rules and stuff implented so it would be a fair competition.
    I thank you for doing nothing?

  6. #166
    Throw out the time factor all together. The team that clears the raid with the least overall amount of wipes wins.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    So, you mean they didnt need to move cause the 12 hours the NA region got wasnt enough handicap for em and EU still could make it?

    Also do you think that in a game where one region which speaks english and starts sooner than other regions in WF would, you know, hinder a bit which language is on top spots?
    My argument is that having a whole guild on another region server with high latency/ping does affect your gameplay. The problem for me is not that one region starts first or one starts last. The problem is that its called "world first" yet most of the worlds starts later. Call it a NA first en? EU first etc. Imagine running a olympic 100m race and you have to start 10 seconds later than 3 guys from some random country and then they tell you that "omg, but you should move to that country then".

    P.S before you come back at me that they indeed move the runners to same location. Yes, thats the whole point of this thread, to give em all a same starting point.
    Nobody cares that much to move players to one spot. European guilds can always move to NA location, if they think its the issue. Still no guild doing that, cos there is not big difference to start your raids 10 hours ahead...

    Especially when everything is streamed and your opponents are learning from watching your experience...

    Echo killed Denathrius during the second day of second ID. Limit did on first day. So whats the point? Better guild won and starting the same time wouldnt change much... Maybe Echo being even more behind.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    So whats the point? Better guild won and starting the same time wouldnt change much... Maybe Echo being even more behind.
    But that's the entire point - you can't really tell who's the "better guild" UNLESS they start at the same time, and the same conditions as much as possible. There's various factors at play other than starting time, like bugged bosses etc. It's easy to say the guild who killed it first, period, is the "best guild" - but that's like saying someone is the "fastest runner" because they crossed the finish line first, even though everyone started the race at a different starting point.

    Just to be clear, though: nobody in their right mind is disputing the world first, least of all Echo themselves. You killed it first you killed it first. The end. What they are complaining about is that unless Blizzard changes over to a global release, we could well see the end of World First Racing because THERE IS NO RACE when it's decided from the start in favor of the people who get to start 1 day early. And that's precisely BECAUSE Limit is as good as they are, not in spite of it.

  9. #169
    Scarab Lord crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    4,820
    I think what would be easier than mucking with release times is to count the world first based on hours after they’re able to access the content. If you can’t access the content while others can, then your timer shouldn’t start.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  10. #170
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    177
    It wasnt a real issue before, its an issue since EU is losing, damn crybabys.

    LIMIT won get over it.
    LIMIT was and is a joy to watch, EU ist just we have to win there is no fun if we dont win, we do everything to win even if we hate it, just typical europeans.

    How hard is it to make an US account? Could have been made Years ago, Max said there were 3 People raiding from europe in their WF Race.

    Oh my god, whatch the interview with max after the kill. Not thinkable in ECHO / EU as i said typical european especially german.

    Not raccist or whatever, i know it, my location is no joke.

  11. #171
    God damn, I've seen more sore winner syndrome than sore loser syndrome.

  12. #172
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,855
    The world first kill is the one that counts.

    OH, and Merry Christmas everyone!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Current count of Full/High pop WoW servers: 85 in EU alone. That's an increase from the last count.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Troll View Post
    Why isn't world first counted by when the servers went live for each region, i.e. Time since raid released? So literally all regions can compete equally, given an honor system of not watching your competitors. Or as everyone has suggested a global release time?
    That would be a very unfair race for Limit, Echo could watch their streams to get strats and figure out needed weakauras to save time. The even bigger problem is that Limit runs into many bugs and problems that essentially force them to wait around for a fix or try to kill it despite the bug.

    The only way to make it fair is a global release and there is no good reason to not do it. All of the tryhard guilds outside of NA will start at weird times, but I can promise you they don't mind, and any normal guilds outside of NA aren't affected by the start time of the raid anyways.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm sure you can switch out your peripherals ( mouse-keyboards/ shoes-javalins ) but everyone races on the same track in the same weather. ( pc / internet)


    And I'm not saying it isn't still competitive. Just that the measurement for the best is kinda subjective atm.

    To me it's just not that big of a deal, nor do I think it really is for the community either. World firsts are determined by the community, not blizzard. I don't feel blizzard should change something that effect millions of players to fix something for less than 1000's players.
    Lmfao, Orange, shoes/javelins are not as meaningless and interchangeable as a keyboard. Once you are used to your keyboard, that's it, its not like guy A is going to be an absolute warlord on his keyboard and another guy is gonna be garbage on his. A javelin is your PC, you control it and it requires you to make the most out of its aerodynamic performance, they all fly different, require different angles of attack, wind types, its like playing your spec correctly, they all require different input. You're twisting the analogy to suit your argument here dude when you don't even know anything about sports clearly? The weather is not the same as the fucking internet. I could have 1000000m/b down and you could have 100m/b down and we would get identical performance in WoW. You could have a GTX 3080 and I could have a 1080ti and its going to make almost 0 difference in our performance. Thats completely different from me saying you arent allowed to start your 100m sprint until I've been running for 1-2s.

    I don't feel blizzard should change something that effect millions of players to fix something for less than 1000's players.
    Ill just give my opinion on this, and I feel I'm pretty qualified to give it here, I'm a game dev FYI.

    I can tell you that it would be incredibly easy for a single dev on the WoW team to set up a system that times world first such that you can determine a cross realm winner correctly. If Blizzard don't care, stop pushing the Race for World First narrative. If they care, FIX IT. Because what they're doing right now is pushing an event that is completely fucking broken conceptually.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Best solution I can think of tbh is Blizzard just making the world first races an official competition and accommodating the teams that intend to compete and inviting them into a special studio of sorts to progress like two weeks ahead of the raid releasing for the rest of the world on custom realms.
    ^^^^^^^ This as I said earlier. Its the only completely 10/10 true solution with no downsides.

  15. #175
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    12,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Even in Classic the last raid Naxx was released globally. So in the evening for EU. The no life guilds stayed up late and raced against the NA and CN guilds. Works perfectly fine and the 2000+ normal guilds that cleared it the coming days and weeks were fine with it obviously.

    So next tier #globalrelease !
    Like we know the solution and it can work, but the problem is EU (Mostly fans and not the actual raiders themselves) will just complain about the time they have to start at. Either we do normal reset time or Expansion launch time.

    Also with Classic WoW raids being 16 years old and are downed in like a couple hours. There is no real excitement other that "Hey we cleared this 16 year old content".

    Honestly if Blizzard ever decides to do Global Release they should just move EU reset to Tuesday and do global release like FFXIV does.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To be fair, that would hopefully be everyone with the same issues, then.

    But you'd have several things to tackle. First, Blizzard would have to want to do that work and guilds would have to agree to raiding on an isolated server where they get to keep none of the "spoils" afterwards.

    They would perhaps be willing to do so if this competition took place quite a bit ahead of official game wide release, but then that would also lock your average guild out of trying and make it some kinda opt-in thing.
    Good idea, but the problem is than it isn't a community run event anymore and Blizzard could essentially make any rules changes they want.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.


  16. #176
    IDK Limit took 64 hours From Generals falling to Denathrius kill, Echo took just over 72 hour.... and had vids from Limit's attempts to save time while masking their progress by playing replays during the #RTWF

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    It wasnt a real issue before, its an issue since EU is losing, damn crybabys.

    LIMIT won get over it.
    LIMIT was and is a joy to watch, EU ist just we have to win there is no fun if we dont win, we do everything to win even if we hate it, just typical europeans.

    How hard is it to make an US account? Could have been made Years ago, Max said there were 3 People raiding from europe in their WF Race.

    Oh my god, whatch the interview with max after the kill. Not thinkable in ECHO / EU as i said typical european especially german.

    Not raccist or whatever, i know it, my location is no joke.
    Wow do mythics with 300ms ping. How could that ever go wrong when perfect execution is required. Also that would require 2 accounts when you want to play with decent ping. Also twice the timesink to get geared. Either make dedicated server like in the arena championship or just global reset at gmt zero or international date line.

  18. #178
    It amazes me how people gather to their comps to look at this shit. It isn't even a fair "Race". One team starts early, the other team does not. How is that even a race or even fair?? Last I checked when at a race, all bitches get behind the line, at the count of three all bitches take off together. Who wins when the first person crosses the line is the winner. That is why I do not even indulge my sanity with these so called "World First" races. if both teams don't start at the same time then the shit is not fair. End of the discussion.
    People on this thread only get pissed at you when you don't agree with them...FACT

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    How hard is it to make an US account?
    The problem is that raiding with 140+ms can be quite the disadvantage. To use the footrace analogy, it's like saying "well if your shoes can't be used here, how hard is it to run barefoot?" - it's entirely possible yes, and it doesn't make racing literally impossible, but it's a significant detrimental factor. If the goal is to make the race as fair as possible, asking someone to accept a smaller disadvantage rather than a large one is not a REAL solution, just a bandaid. The real solution would be to give everyone an equal footing, or as equal as technically possible.

    Blizzard could easily disconnect maintenance from raid reset, for example. What if, for example, maintenance was on Monday in the US and Tuesday on EU, but both had their raid reset on Wednesday, same time globally? Would that not be a MUCH better solution than trying to concentrate all competitive players onto the same region, which not only creates issues such as the one mentioned above but also disconnects them from their regional community?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    It amazes me how people gather to their comps to look at this shit. It isn't even a fair "Race". One team starts early, the other team does not. How is that even a race or even fair?? Last I checked when at a race, all bitches get behind the line, at the count of three all bitches take off together. Who wins when the first person crosses the line is the winner. That is why I do not even indulge my sanity with these so called "World First" races. if both teams don't start at the same time then the shit is not fair. End of the discussion.
    So then why now all of a sudden is it an issue? The second EU loses, people lose their minds but before this EU always won so no one cared. Talk about double standards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •