Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Arachnophobes, don't join Necrolords - The worst place in WoW

World of Warcraft has its fair share of spiders but as an arachnophobe I can deal with most as they are just crawling on the ground in plain sight, don't jump at you and are pretty much a mob like any other.

If you are a Necrolord and have your Anima Conductor upgraded to level 2 dailies will send you into Sightless Hold, a crypt under the House of Eyes, that you normally have no reason to go.

Have your camera panned down and everything is fine and dandy. Some spiders running around on the ground, nothing unusual.

However NEVER. EVER. point your camera upwards.

https://i.imgur.com/v1ckP2H.jpg

I very nearly screamed. This is the exact reason I hate these bastards.

maybe they will crawl into your bed tonight, seeing as they dont exist but you are still scared, it might happen... if you think about it

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-24 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    heh. that is creepy.

i am arachnophobic as well. when i browsed pic dumps and got the occasional goliath birdeater.. eating a bird.., i would also almost jump out of my chair. but it really numbed me on the matter. while i still see the spider when i enter a room, i am able to vacuum they effortlessly.

but WoW always worked for me. especially the fuzzy spiders are kinda cute. although there is one cave in maldraxxus where a spider threateningly raises her front legs and i just never went there.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    However NEVER. EVER. point your camera upwards.

https://i.imgur.com/v1ckP2H.jpg
    daaaamn thats neat

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remember, each spider you fail to kill IRL is plotting your demise...under where you sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Troll View Post
    Remember, each spider you fail to kill IRL is plotting your demise...under where you sleep.
    doesn't make sense as they are already dead

Honestly that's terrifying...
    Not looking forward to leveling my DK and going Necrolord now.
    Might just push it off a bit.

This is the most childish thread I have seen. Afraid of virtual spiders, seriously?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    doesn't make sense as they are already dead
    Reading is hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

WoW spiders are almost caricatures, how can you be afraid of those? They don't look realistic at all.

Are there actual people with arachnophobia that play WoW? How? Kind of ironic the only mount I've been using for awhile is the Spider mount from Legion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    This is the most childish thread I have seen. Afraid of virtual spiders, seriously?
    When it's a phobia, the fear is irrational - and playing a game where you face virtual spiders can be frightening for those people.

You don't need to call it childish just because you don't understand it. You don't need to comprehend, but you still should respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Are there actual people with arachnophobia that play WoW?
    Yeah it impressed me too, the person with arachnophobia I know avoid all games with spiders. She just can't.

You don't really seem to grasp the concept of a phobia, do you?
    A phobia is an irrational fear, the entire point is that you fear it even when you shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there actual people with arachnophobia that play WoW? How? Kind of ironic the only mount I've been using for awhile is the Spider mount from Legion.
    Many people with phobias play the game with the thing they are afraid of. I played through Subnautica despite my phobia of deep oceans and giant sea creatures.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    When it's a phobia, the fear is irrational - and playing a game where you face virtual spiders can be frightening for those people.

You don't need to call it childish just because you don't understand it. You don't need to comprehend, but you still should respect.
    Besides, it's not just how they look, but how they move. And spiders in WoW move pretty much like real spiders.

Been down there a few times, it's always fun to look up. Not only are they big and creepy, they're also fairly tough elites, so your gaming instincts also play a role. They don't ever aggro by proximity, though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reading is hard.
    still doesn't make sense what you said. Explaining is hard.

skitter skitter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    still doesn't make sense what you said. Explaining is hard.
    No, you just misread. A spider you didn't kill is not dead, at least not because of your actions.

In fact I also have and used that mount and as I said I can deal with nearly everything WoW throws at me just fine. It's just the disproportionate amount of spiders on the ceiling compared to the ground and the thought of them jumping at me from up there totally crossed the line. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You don't really seem to grasp the concept of a phobia, do you?
    A phobia is an irrational fear, the entire point is that you fear it even when you shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post

I mean, it is kinda childish to not have outgrown or gotten grips of your phobias by the time you're a healthy adult.

It's not like you can't work on your phobia and manage to overcome it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite how it works but you do you!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I mean, it is kinda childish to not have outgrown or gotten grips of your phobias by the time you're a healthy adult.

It's not like you can't work on your phobia and manage to overcome it.
    I hope you aren't an adult... Since you have a pretty childish view on phobias.
    Error 404 - Signature not found