Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    World of Warcraft has its fair share of spiders but as an arachnophobe I can deal with most as they are just crawling on the ground in plain sight, don't jump at you and are pretty much a mob like any other.

If you are a Necrolord and have your Anima Conductor upgraded to level 2 dailies will send you into Sightless Hold, a crypt under the House of Eyes, that you normally have no reason to go.

Have your camera panned down and everything is fine and dandy. Some spiders running around on the ground, nothing unusual.

However NEVER. EVER. point your camera upwards.

https://i.imgur.com/v1ckP2H.jpg

I very nearly screamed. This is the exact reason I hate these bastards.
    If you are an arachanphobe, take a few moments to realize these are not real spiders, nor do they even look like real spiders.

i busted my shoulder jumping out of a moving car to get away from a spider when i was younger.
    but wow spiders do nothing for me, i go "gross" but legit i dont freak out.

although the rare in drustvar that would leap out of invis at you did freak me the fuck out the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Are there actual people with arachnophobia that play WoW? How? Kind of ironic the only mount I've been using for awhile is the Spider mount from Legion.
    i do but it seems some people take ingame stuff a bit too serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you are an arachanphobe, take a few moments to realize these are not real spiders, nor do they even look like real spiders.
    Typical advice from a person that doesn't understand how phobias work. It doesn't matter whether they look real or are real. What matters is if your brain associates them with spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    This is the most childish thread I have seen. Afraid of virtual spiders, seriously?
    Only a child fails to understand what a phobia is. Ironic post.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I have Arachnophobia as well. I'm afraid of spiders to an irrational degree, no matter how small they are. And my advice to everyone struggling with this in a video game is this: stop being a pussy.

https://i.imgur.com/v1ckP2H.jpg

Haha, holy shit.
    That's really cool.

3+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Maldraxxus, can we talk about the fact that the land is literally covered in 'hairs', that scream when you pull them out? Ugh
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Recruit Ravenomous.

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and my grandmother really hates (is afraid of) spiders/frogs, to the point of going 'Ah! Ah!' whenver she sees on in her room, yet still watches stuff about creepy things on tv lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Troll View Post
    Remember, each spider you fail to kill IRL is plotting your demise...under where you sleep.
    I let the spiders live. Infact this year, i spent extra time trying to save one that fell into the paint bucket when i was painting. I took it to the sink and washed off the paint with a cotton swab. He skittered along after. With a smile on his face i would like to think
    If they are plotting world domination. I will be an ally

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    WoW spiders are almost caricatures, how can you be afraid of those? They don't look realistic at all.
    I wish they'd never update the tarantula model. Low poly vanilla, outland, woltk bone spiders and cata fire spiders were fine. But the new one in Drustvar who pops from the abandoned chest cave made me jump.
    As a kid, I was really not pleased with the war3 spiders though.

What's wrong with arachnophobes? You never see people who have a phobia of bugs in general complaining that they saw a cockroach in a video game, it's ONLY ever arachnophobes

Thank you for the warning! I think I'll do my best to avoid this area on my Necrolord character.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    It's a video game, that is an irrational fear and downright stupid. I understand what a phobia is. I was afraid of spiders and very much snakes. I now own 23 tarantulas (including a few VERY venomous ones) and 2 snakes.

If anyone is acting like a child it's you.

Side note, I get very slighty irritated when I see tarantulas flip over when killed. They don't do that, they only flip over when they are molting...so that tarantula you thought you killed is coming back for you, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    It's a video game, that is an irrational fear
    Which is how phobias are defined. All of them. It's nice that you managed to beat your phobia, but that doesn't mean that you can expect everybody to have reached that step.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a video game, that is an irrational fear.
    That is literally the textbook definition of phobia.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    That is literally the textbook definition of phobia.
    Cool, why are you misquoting me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man am I glad I overcame my phobia. No joke, in vanilla I paid players to run through zones where spiders had a chance of attacking players on the roads, so I could auto-follow them with the map up. It was baaaaad. No way I coulda handled something like this back then, and I truly feel for those still troubled by their own phobia.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what you said, though: "A video game fear is stupid." That is a phobia, a fear that makes no sense from a point of reason. To be afraid of something impossible or unreal counts very much as a phobia.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft has its fair share of spiders but as an arachnophobe I can deal with most as they are just crawling on the ground in plain sight, don't jump at you and are pretty much a mob like any other.

If you are a Necrolord and have your Anima Conductor upgraded to level 2 dailies will send you into Sightless Hold, a crypt under the House of Eyes, that you normally have no reason to go.

Have your camera panned down and everything is fine and dandy. Some spiders running around on the ground, nothing unusual.

i used to be afraid of spiders or insects before like everyone else. It may sound silly but harsh experiences in life thought me how fragile and harmless they are... Now i can grab any spider. cockroach, insect, etc and enjoy the beauty that once frightened me, then throw them to my wife to see her freaking out XDXDXDXD

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    This is the most childish thread I have seen. Afraid of virtual spiders, seriously?
    You don't really understand what the irrational part of irrational fear is, do you?

Also this is cool as hell, even though I am also arachnophobic
    RETH

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not.

You said
    It's a video game, that is an irrational fear and downright stupid.
    You stated the definition of a phobia, not even realizing you did because:
    I understand what a phobia is.
    You clearly fucking don't.

Then made fun of it and started boasting about beating your own fears as if that has any relevance.

Formerly known as Arafal