Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Well it sounded like you were claiming Echo had nothing to do with Method and this situation, and yeah, most people seem to be brainless 0 IQ virtue signallers. Oh isn't hindsight 20/20 and isn't everyone perfect. End of story is, Josh fucked everyone over.
    I thought the end of the story wasn’t that he f*cked everyone over, but Method management go busted sweeping this under the rug, and trying to downplay the severity of his actions and people wanted nothing to do with Method or their management after it.
    That said, to blame Method mismanagement 100% is not fair, as I feel a lot of their high profile raiders were as complicate as the management in their silence and tolerance. Method/Echo (whatever you wanna call them now) players were okay with his behaviour as long as they could continue to retain the world first crown.

Can we all agree rodgerbrown dies too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Can we all agree rodgerbrown dies too much?
    Dies what? His hair? Non-argument. He doesn't even have any of that anymore.

I'm pretty sure that Warrior in Echo, Gromnak, is the best player in China.

I've always been impressed by Frag's ability to pick up damn near any dps class and crush with it. He's a bit of a weirdo edgelord, but dude can play. Trill and Firedup up on the limit side are nuts.

Preheat has put some serious damage on his own career, so he gets honorable mention.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Eh -- personally, I think the biggest mistake Method made was taking Josh's word at face value. And for that, Sco already lost the empire he built. I just think it's a little weird that people also want to burn down the guild that was made specifically so they could distance themselves from the mistakes of their prior organization's leadership. Guilt by association is extremely flimsy in my books; the people who have these takes are the kind who believe internet social justice activism has a legitimate impact on the real world and I personally think these people are insufferable.
    There are numerous things to suggest that many of them were more aware than people were led to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trill and Maevy by a mile.

Trill just wins at everything he does. Excels at every class he plays and competes at the highest level of all competitive aspects of WOW.

Maevy because that guy is a stonecold healer. Never over reacts and has incredible movement and footwork while healing and damaging. Watching the Sire fight from his perspective was great.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I attribute a good portion of that to Max's raid leading/coaching. Two tiers ago, I remember watching the race and feeling like Limit was much more inconsistent than Method, and that inconsistency was a big part in why they lost. But Max is just so "on" the entire time, keeping everyone focused, calling out mistakes, and just pointing everything in the same direction, that I think he's been able to improve the play of the roster as a whole.

I wonder if Echo would be better off with Roger in the raid leader role because he seems to be more that kind of strategic guy.
    Or Kuznam returning as a raid leader/coach like Max does for Limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    interesting, i am not sure

revvez maybe
    Limit destroyed Echo this Tier, we're here to worry about world 1st, not world nice guys, hopefully EU puts up a challenge next tier, I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Trill and Maevy by a mile.

Trill just wins at everything he does. Excels at every class he plays and competes at the highest level of all competitive aspects of WOW.

Maevy because that guy is a stonecold healer. Never over reacts and has incredible movement and footwork while healing and damaging. Watching the Sire fight from his perspective was great.
    Trill, Maevy, Imfiredup.

Many people in some discord channels I listen to consider Trill as one of the best WoW players in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I attribute a good portion of that to Max's raid leading/coaching.
    Without a doubt. He has a gift of being able to not only read what's going on in the raid but to also calmly make the calls and lead. That's a gift. Not everyone can do either and few can do both. He's a pleasure to watch and listen to and I say that as someone who has next to zero knowledge of what goes on in raid encounters.

Didn't Fragnance act like a complete scumbag towards some female streamer? Most of these people aren't really that great anyways, they just commit really hard when a new tier comes out.

WoW isn't a super hard game, so saying someone is "godlike" at wow is nowhere near the level of someone like a Shroud or professional melee / fighting game player.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Didn't Fragnance act like a complete scumbag towards some female streamer? Most of these people aren't really that great anyways, they just commit really hard when a new tier comes out.

WoW isn't a super hard game, so saying someone is "godlike" at wow is nowhere near the level of someone like a Shroud or professional melee / fighting game player.
    They probably mean godlike within WoW as a game, it's not that crazy to refer to someone like Trill like that considering he's done MDI/PVP/World first raiding at top level.

Shroud on the other hand has really good mechanics but was average at best as an actual pro player, so that's a weird one to bring but I get the point.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2020-12-28 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Most top guilds buy massive amounts of gold. It's always been a common practice nobody is farming 900 million gold beyond carry groups taking their cut from hundreds of mythic raiders carrying mythic pluses.

As for the topic... world first players are rarely the best players at their given class. It's as much a prep and time commitment deal as it is skill trying to match them one to one isn't very productive beyond a fantasy football kinda thing.
    I am not saying you're 100% wrong, but LIMIT at least atm is selling KSM for 10 million gold doing multiple runs a day. I mean... That's a shit pot of gold.

Method have turned out to be pretty shitty individuals overall. The big dramas and the lesser dramas that were kind of ignored by everyone....these are just your typical "gamer dudes". With all the negativity, toxicity and mysogyny that goes with it. Like 2 weeks after Echo's creation they removed another dude for saying women are worse than men or something. Then there's the whole thing with Fragnance sending everyone nude pictures of his female friend (and then saying sorry and everyone getting over it in 2 days).

If anything, it's been an eye opening experience. They are literally the same as any asshole in any of those 'hardcore' guilds. They may be entertaining to watch, but one should never fanboy or "stan" over them because there's like a 70% chance they are asses, The newest drama with nnoggie is just another episode of the "shitty reality about method/echo". I have no doubt that Limit also has these kinds of people as well, we just didn't yet heard anything about their shit (well, except one idiot literally threatening to SUE another person over having a similar nickname to his, which the other person had way earlier than him).

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Sco ran Method when Joshgate happened. Sco still runs Method. I really don't see how you can say Echo is a rebrand when none of the people who enabled that situation are on its roster for that very specific reason.
    Sco is just a scapegoat and a figurehead who was thrown under the bus to appease the masses.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-12-28 at 07:49 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    neither. They're both full of losers who ruin the game for others by promoting an unrealistic way that a player should play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Limit destroyed Echo this Tier, we're here to worry about world 1st, not world nice guys, hopefully EU puts up a challenge next tier, I doubt it.
    They only needed their competition to disband before they could claim "world first" lmao. Basically, all the good players or guilds have disbanded or quit and they're the only no lifers still going. Shame there's no proper competition to show them how mediocre they actually are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    neither. They're both full of losers who ruin the game for others by promoting an unrealistic way that a player should play the game.
    Or they are just passionate about the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    They only needed their competition to disband before they could claim "world first" lmao. Basically, all the good players or guilds have disbanded or quit and they're the only no lifers still going. Shame there's no proper competition to show them how mediocre they actually are.
    They destroyed Method in the previous tier also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Or they are just passionate about the game?
    Unlikely, they're just people who play games like us but are allowed to buy gold from outside sources to be good, nothing more, nothing less.