What happened in my dungeon run?

So was in a pug just now doing a +12 Theatre of Pain. The healer, a priest, kept typing in chat 'HL'. I didn't know what this meant and apparently neither did the tank. 10 mins later he explained that he was getting holy locked.

My best guess is that holy lock is something that happens to priests when they get interrupted? The guy didn't really speak well but I gathered there was something about quacking.

He left the group soon after saying he won't play with idiots. I personally have never encountered saying someone saying HL over and over. Was he annoyed that he kept getting quacking and his healing was interrupted?

Thanks.

Definitely sounds that way, no real way to know for sure but that's my interpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe something tank/dps could have interrupted that was locking him out of healing spells, hard to say for sure.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    He kept casting during Quaking, hilarious. Quaking interupts spells for, what is it, 6 seconds when it hits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Never heard that term used ever. "Interrupted" or "Silenced" is understandable enough (magic lock is almost always a consequence of interruption) so I dunno why he didn't go for it.
    However I know that communities using different languages tend to use different terms for the same things,so I guess it's just worth asking at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Maybe something tank/dps could have interrupted that was locking him out of healing spells, hard to say for sure.
    The tank seemed fairly decent and we kept a good eye on spells. We were fighting one big mob after the first boss that casts an un-kickable interrupt and he said it there as well. The only thing that could have got him holy locked was quacking at that point and that's when he left.

I mean yeah that would likely have to do with quaking, but then the priest was just not playing well...

I don't understand what he expected you guys to do about it. Maybe use defensives during that time? idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    i assume hewas discipline priest, maybe he skilled shadow covenant, so if he activate this, all holy spells are locked and you can only cast shadow spells

He probably didn't know how quaking work. As a caster I don't remind a lot of interrupt in theater, maybe there is a interruptable cast that I'm not aware off but definitly not something that would happen all the dungeon. This hpriest is just an idiot blaming others for his mistakes.
    Last edited by Thorcall; 2021-01-10 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I mean yeah that would likely have to do with quaking, but then the priest was just not playing well...

I don't understand what he expected you guys to do about it. Maybe use defensives during that time? idk.
    Odd part is he said it was because of us. I couldn't really see the ranged as a melee but I assume he must have had a problem maybe with ranged standing on him and not spreading. Question is, I don't actually know if a quacking that hits just you still interrupts. If it does, there's nothing we could ever do to solve his issue lol.

If a quacking only hit you, you don't take damage, but you are still interrupted.

"You're all a bunch of idiots because I'm playing like shit."

I wish I could be surprised about this kind of mentality but truthfully it's how a vast majority of WoW players think so it really seems par for the course instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about right. I know there was a boomy in dreamgrove who was complaining that they were continuously locked this week.
    Turns out they didn't know the interrupt comes at the end of the quake and not the start. They'd cancel casts before it started, and then start again before it ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He either forgot how Quaking works or never encountered it before. To be fair, blizz does a terrible job telegraphing and explaining many of these mechanics to new/returning players.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

1. No one uses HL... never heared it. I actually waited a bite before reading further and brainstormed stuff.... i was not right. High Lag was my best guess^^ Why doesn't he say silenced?
    2.Yeah he probably forgot what quaking does