Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So Mythic Guldan still not soloable?

I just did mythic guldan as a 195 pally both ret and prot and was not able to defeat him solo. The stupid parasites still stack and damage you hard.

Also, the other bosses are still taking 1 minute to defeat which is obviously slower then when I tried during BFA.

Anyone have any luck soloing Mythic Guldan?
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

No, no luck not even my 194 hunter can solo him cuz u know parasites. They should kick in legacy buffs someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent tried since Shadowlands but it was soloable in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    I havent tried since Shadowlands but it was soloable in bfa.
    Then "scale" happens, and even you now 10lvl in plus, dmg is lower that 50lvl , so the more you level the lessyou doing dmg

They put the buff in at 50 and didn't increase for 60, so since we do half the dmg at 60 it went from hard to do to barely possible.

At iLevel 201 and as a Moonkin, I'm finally able to solo everything that I was able to solo back in BFA. With that said, I can get Illidan down to about 50%. I haven't tried with full flask/potion/lust, but I don't think those would make up the difference. I'll just wait until the next patch when they *hopefully* activate the legacy raiding buff for Legion raids.

209 prot paladin - had to use drums and strength pot, managed to kill him just in time. They really need to fix the legacy damage buff, the x8 for Legion is not right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Easier to solo it in BFA then SL.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I never understood why they scaled it this way.
    There should effectively be two buckets for 'scale' at max level:
    1) Is the raid current/previous? no modifiers
    2) Is the raid prior to previous? 100x modifier
    I mean, they already have a coded distinction for this with the whole Chromie leveling thing, where you can do 'current path' (BFA->SL) or you can do a 'legacy path' (anything else).

wouldnt be easier to just add an npc on the start of old raids that buffs you for 400% dmg and 99% dmg taken reduce ! instead of "coding" the raid? (im not programmer so i dont know i just guess ;p )

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Yeah, I never understood why they scaled it this way.
    There should effectively be two buckets for 'scale' at max level:
    1) Is the raid current/previous? no modifiers
    2) Is the raid prior to previous? 100x modifier
    I mean, they already have a coded distinction for this with the whole Chromie leveling thing, where you can do 'current path' (BFA->SL) or you can do a 'legacy path' (anything else).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    wouldnt be easier to just add an npc on the start of old raids that buffs you for 400% dmg and 99% dmg taken reduce ! instead of "coding" the raid? (im not programmer so i dont know i just guess ;p )
    Here's the thing though: Blizzard doesn't want players, at least the average casuals, to be able to easily solo farm the penultimate expansion. They don't even consider BfA "legacy" at the moment. It's an approach that we might disagree with, I for sure do, but it's a consistent one.

But yeah, they should probably do something to make Legion doable for solos now.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I can solo the entire instance on my Hunter as MM. I first did it around 205-210 ilvl. I’m now 222 and about the same.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Here's the thing though: Blizzard doesn't want players, at least the average casuals, to be able to easily solo farm the penultimate expansion. They don't even consider BfA "legacy" at the moment. It's an approach that we might disagree with, I for sure do, but it's a consistent one.

But yeah, they should probably do something to make Legion doable for solos now.
    I'm not saying make BFA soloable; that can stay as is.
    They should just have 'current and previous' (today is SL and BFA) as the 'no mods' version and everything prior (since it's 4+ years old) as 'x100 modifier.
    When 10.0 drops, then BFA would be legacy at that point (more than 4 years old), so it would slide into the 'legacy 100x mod bucket and SL + New would be the 'current/previous'.

I guess what I'm getting at is Legion stuff is 4+ years old and far from current, so it should be treated the same as WoD and prior.

I went there last night on both live & PTR just to check, & managed to just about squeeze a Guldan kill with no consumables as a 224 Fury Warrior. We're definitely at the point now where this content should be trivial, but as I said in the other thread, I really do feel like it's going to be sold as a patch feature at some point - maybe with 9.1.

9.0.5 offers no change for those wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I went there last night on both live & PTR just to check, & managed to just about squeeze a Guldan kill with no consumables as a 224 Fury Warrior. We're definitely at the point now where this content should be trivial, but as I said in the other thread, I really do feel like it's going to be sold as a patch feature at some point - maybe with 9.1.

9.0.5 offers no change for those wondering.
    Gear scaling will of course help- by 9.2 or 9.3 we'll be doing magnitudes more DPS as always so those kills will become a lot more feasible for most players. But ya, usually when content is 2 xpacks old it's supposed to be very easy and not rely on that; I remember smashing Cata content in WoD and Mists content in Legion very easily, hell with late Mists gear you could do Firelands at least without too much incident.

Plus, Gul'dan is just Nighthold. I'm pretty sure ToS and Antorus are out of reach of the vast majority of even good players now. And some bosses (Eonar, Imonar) are a giant pain to solo just due to mechanics alone even if tuning is fixed.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I just did mythic guldan as a 195 pally both ret and prot and was not able to defeat him solo. The stupid parasites still stack and damage you hard.

Also, the other bosses are still taking 1 minute to defeat which is obviously slower then when I tried during BFA.

Anyone have any luck soloing Mythic Guldan?
    I solo it every week on my DK. Just gotta burst through the parasite phase.

one can only deduce that they consider it still current content. everything from previous expansions should be soloable once you hit max level in the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Gear scaling will of course help- by 9.2 or 9.3 we'll be doing magnitudes more DPS as always so those kills will become a lot more feasible for most players. But ya, usually when content is 2 xpacks old it's supposed to be very easy and not rely on that; I remember smashing Cata content in WoD and Mists content in Legion very easily, hell with late Mists gear you could do Firelands at least without too much incident.

Plus, Gul'dan is just Nighthold. I'm pretty sure ToS and Antorus are out of reach of the vast majority of even good players now. And some bosses (Eonar, Imonar) are a giant pain to solo just due to mechanics alone even if tuning is fixed.
    Yup. When 6.0 came out & added the legacy content scaling doing 25HC Firelands at the end of MoP/beginning of WoD was incredibly easy (as it should be for content that old).

I raided throughout Legion as Warrior/Druid so I have 99% of the mogs I'd want, but there's quite a few nice sets I'd like to pick up on my alts, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they fix it soon

As a 212 BM I feel im finally on par with how I was in BFA for soloing mythic tomb 1st boss.

As the expansion continues and the ilevel keeps going up this stuff is going to become easier but that dosnt change the fact that right now im on par with my pre xpac hunter and that obviously shouldnt be the case.

Unfortunately I don't expect the situation to improve soon: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...oloing_legion/

I'm not sure whether he's malicious or just clueless: "our principle is: at the end of an expansion, you will be able to solo the content two expansions ago fairly easily". This is clearly false, since the legacy buff used to be active once you reached the first level in a new expansion.

Edit: It's now on wowhead, too: https://www.wowhead.com/news=321105/...by-the-end-of-
    Last edited by Excaliban; 2021-02-23 at 10:39 AM.