Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why is everyone saying that with gear our dps will be ok to kill guldan on mythic when the real problem is the survivability? getting chain stunned and bashed by the worms is the issue not the dmg output......

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that some BfA raid content was soloable IN BfA itself...

With that said, I was only able to solo a few Mythic Legion things towards the end of BfA with the OP corruption shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Its definitely doable although very tough. As a 222 ilvl warrior dps if the fight took about ~10 seconds longer than it takes me to kill it now i wouldnt be able to. Just gotta make sure every CD and have a pot up for last phase.

Soloed as a ilv200 DH. Got the red Infernal mount my second run two weeks about. Think god i dont have to do that bs again. By far the most bs mount run to solo. They need to do something about the parasites. I have 5 runs total. Got 3 with my brother last expansion.
    Last edited by Usernameforforums; 2021-02-25 at 02:48 AM.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Why is everyone saying that with gear our dps will be ok to kill guldan on mythic when the real problem is the survivability? getting chain stunned and bashed by the worms is the issue not the dmg output......
    The way the fight works is that the worms keep adding up the longer the last part of the encounter goes on.

So if you have high enough DPS you can just burn through all of that pretty quickly.

i'm able to solo mythic guldan as a necrolord hunter but it was only possible after getting heimir. that extra 10 seconds allows me to end it though i do die after i kill guldan.

I can’t solo it either witb my arcane mage

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've managed to solo it once when I was 200ilvl - BM Hunter, full buffs (flask, potion, rune, food, weapon oil and enchants) and I barely survived. could probably do it on my own now but honestly it's pretty easy to find a group or make one - 3 people is all you need, provided they don't get blown off the edge

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abramelin View Post
    I can’t solo it either witb my arcane mage
    Time it so your Touch of the Magi finishes right as the worms spawn while standing on Illidan, you'll kill the first set of worms and have enough time to finish it before 2nd worms.

222 ret pal, I initially failed a few times on mythic guldan the demon within portion. I swapped a few talents around and was able to burn him out.

the key for me ended up timing the use of divine shield and cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Madren View Post
    222 ret pal, I initially failed a few times on mythic guldan the demon within portion. I swapped a few talents around and was able to burn him out.

the key for me ended up timing the use of divine shield and cooldowns.
    Yeah guldan is clearly now soloable in 230ilvl~, somewhat optimized gear and decent skill at the class you're using. Next raid tier with catch up gear it should start being easily soloable with alts as well, hopefully.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

He should be trivially soloable by any newly level 60 mook, because that raid is from two expansions back.

I have been soloing it with a 210-215 Assa rogue since 9.0.5. Standard raid build, no third party buffs, foods or flasks. The only difficulty was last phase, which took me a few tries. Just time you cooldown correctly to have them for the Demon withing and burn it down.

Should be easier now with higher levels of gear available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I have been soloing it with a 210-215 Assa rogue since 9.0.5. Standard raid build, no third party buffs, foods or flasks. The only difficulty was last phase, which took me a few tries. Just time you cooldown correctly to have them for the Demon withing and burn it down.

Should be easier now with higher levels of gear available.
    Classes that could somehow immune the part that demolishes you or had strong enough cooldowns could maybe do it, yes. For many others it just wasn't possible in 9.0, maybe with full mythic raid gear which not many have.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    He should be trivially soloable by any newly level 60 mook, because that raid is from two expansions back.
    Agree
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think that is the one decision i will never in any way sort or form understand by blizz...

They lack content. They have old content people gladly run for transmog.... the make it harder and harder every expansion.
    I get that the expansion right before the current one is a bit harder because of the powergain needed to be way to steep.... but from the first tier of the last expansion EVERYTHING should be soloable...

15+ Year Old Account
    I can solo him now. But it's class specific to deal with the initial adds or gear specific to be able to out dps them if you can't. He's still hit and miss. But I can do him every week now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    This is counterable by killing him before his worms kill you. So that really is a DPS issue.

Or just time an aoe to kill them as they spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I've managed to solo it once when I was 200ilvl - BM Hunter, full buffs (flask, potion, rune, food, weapon oil and enchants) and I barely survived. could probably do it on my own now but honestly it's pretty easy to find a group or make one - 3 people is all you need, provided they don't get blown off the edge
    Pretty simple to aoe the first adds with Volley as MM and kill him now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post

Pretty simple to aoe the first adds with Volley as MM and kill him now.
    oh yeah now it is easy as fuck as BM Hunter. people keep saying that it's 2 expansions ago but now it is exactly 2 expansions ago... so by the end of this expac we should (theoretically) be able to easily solo mythic Antorus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It used to be like that for old raids but it seems their philosophy changed or they messed something up with the stat squish.

Yep, and it sucks, and they should go back to how it worked before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been able to solo him on my enha shaman since 2-3 weeks into CN