Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Why is everyone saying that with gear our dps will be ok to kill guldan on mythic when the real problem is the survivability? getting chain stunned and bashed by the worms is the issue not the dmg output......
    Its called "kill or be killed". You dont have need of survivability, when hes dead.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    It used to be like that for old raids but it seems their philosophy changed or they messed something up with the stat squish.
    Philosophy changed for sure. Even with a stat squish mess up its really easy to add or bump up the buff aura to make it soloable. The last stat squish they did it fairly quickly after it too wrinkled the past raid solo stuff. Like most things in Shadowlands they felt this need to restrict and resist player feedback as much as possible. This issue doesn't seem to have been brought up enough because it was overlooked again. I probably would just go ham on twitter and it will probably fold up quickly. That seems to be the MO the days.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    It used to be like that for old raids but it seems their philosophy changed or they messed something up with the stat squish.
    The previous stat squish also screwed up old raids but Blizzard when back and made some changes to allow people to farm old raids for tmogs.
    The fact they have not done that this time makes it likely that their philosophy has changed but god knows why. Its 'free' content that keeps people logging in every week. Why does Blizzard not want this all of a sudden Oo
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Same reason they made the legacy buff 11 levels in the first place. They made a poor decision that sucks the fun out of the game for people who enjoy running through old content.

But they clearly think all players should be able to easily solo raids TWO expansions back so Legion mythics are waaaaaay too challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Same reason they made the legacy buff 11 levels in the first place. They made a poor decision that sucks the fun out of the game for people who enjoy running through old content.

But they clearly think all players should be able to easily solo raids TWO expansions back so Legion mythics are waaaaaay too challenging.
    thats my point. Legion is 2 expansions old and not easily soloable and their not fixing it, unlike last time when this happened after the stat squish and they did fix it.

So something seems to have changed and they no longer think that anything 2 expansions old should fall over.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I just did mythic guldan as a 195 pally both ret and prot and was not able to defeat him solo. The stupid parasites still stack and damage you hard.

Also, the other bosses are still taking 1 minute to defeat which is obviously slower then when I tried during BFA.

Anyone have any luck soloing Mythic Guldan?
    Yeah did it on my 220-ish warrior months ago, but only barely if still reliably.

Ilvl scaling in SL is absurd, so just improve that a little and you're set, in fact i would not be surprised to see N'zoth solo'd by the end of this expansion for exactly that reason.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    They've already stated they're looking at it for this patch.

I just ran around the Vale to finish up the achievement to kill "corrupted" mobs. The big non-boss mobs have 130k health. That's the same as a boss in Korthia. Normal hard mobs have 50k. The outdoor weekly raid boss had 4 million health. The health scaling outdoors is obscene.

Their damage didn't scale so they're absolutely trivial to kill, even the raid one-- it just takes forever to grind through all that health. It's deeply and profoundly not fun.

Ten levels higher, in ilvl 240 gear, everything not a boss should be one-shot in an AE. Outdoor bosses should drop in a couple seconds. The world boss maybe 30 seconds.

I managed to solo mythic argus last week, after trying it months ago and not having the dps to phase him before dying to the stacks of whatever it is.

I saw a video saying some classes can do it now, so i went and tried it, and did it. No mount or scythe though.

242 bm hunter

I killed him weekly on my fury warrior no issues. Just strafe and burst, use Defensives on the Demon Within

I just ran around the Vale to finish up the achievement to kill "corrupted" mobs. The big non-boss mobs have 130k health. That's the same as a boss in Korthia. Normal hard mobs have 50k. The outdoor weekly raid boss had 4 million health. The health scaling outdoors is obscene.

Their damage didn't scale so they're absolutely trivial to kill, even the raid one-- it just takes forever to grind through all that health. It's deeply and profoundly not fun.

Ten levels higher, in ilvl 240 gear, everything not a boss should be one-shot in an AE. Outdoor bosses should drop in a couple seconds. The world boss maybe 30 seconds.
    agreed... that's on blizzard lazy part.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

you're doing content from 2 patches ago. stuff from the previous expansion has never been soloable, with some obvious exceptions

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Baloney. They messed everything up in Legion. Before that, everything older than a patch ago was trivial.
    so you could solo the 2 original world bosses in WoD when 6.2 came out? or solo mythic siege of orgrimmar in patch 6.0? or ICC heroic 25 man in patch 4.0? yeah I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Baloney. They messed everything up in Legion. Before that, everything older than a patch ago was trivial.
    hes right lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you could solo the 2 original world bosses in WoD when 6.2 came out? or solo mythic siege of orgrimmar in patch 6.0? or ICC heroic 25 man in patch 4.0? yeah I don't think so
    yes I first cleared Mythic SOO in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    you're doing content from 2 patches ago. stuff from the previous expansion has never been soloable, with some obvious exceptions
    Do you play this game? You are completely incorrect. This is the first time outdoor scaling has been out of bounds across expansions.

They have the same health as current expansion mobs. It's frickin' ridiculous.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2021-09-20 at 01:05 PM.

Do you play this game? You are completely incorrect. This is the first time outdoor scaling has been out of bounds across expansions.

They have the same health as current expansion mobs. It's frickin' ridiculous.
    It’s a marketing tactic blizzard does to make the prior expansion content harder a few months in to encourage people to buy the new expansion.

They did it for 8.1 (argus rares). Remember the fuss they made around then for people locking their exp and not moving on to bfa? And then the iterative locking down of exp (around 8.1.5, exp off characters put back into their own BG queues, 8.2 had the heavy exp loss if you partied with someone, nonrandomly, aka 110/111 DHs with lego helm, and then a nerf on that helm to prevent easy boosting and island running)

Right now we are only looking at their health in 9.1, I’d really wager they buffed the mobs in 8.2 and 8.3. But then again I am happy to be proven wrong.

The main point is that blizzard wants you to go to the current expansion, hence chromie time and time to level to 50. And they’ll accomplish that goal in a spiteful fashion, even if it means hampering people doing that content at 60.

The issue here is that their health scales up with itemlvl and character level past what could be achieved in their expansion. BFA mobs should have the same health at character level 50 and itemlvl 120 as at clvl 60 and ilvl 250. But they don't-- they scale all the way up so they have the same health as Shadowlands mobs.

I also had no luck with the solo. It's a pity of course