Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    As a DH tank the only time I really needed to kite was Necrotic week. Or if someone pulls an extra pack or the healer dies. Otherwise I can just stand in and tank without too much issue. Use cds like silence or the fear and pop meta when needed for spikey packs.
    I don't believe this, unless you are tanking below 12, or pully only 1 pack at the time.
    This is untrue and impossible.
    Try tanking initial pull of 2 entrance mobs + 2 mobs deeper + hunter and 2 bears at the beginning of atonement which is one of classical pulls - without kiting - you will die no matter what defensives you will use, unless you slow and kite. Even without loyal beasts cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I used to like playing as resto but currently mythic and m+ feels so exhausting sometimes.

Especially with DK but not only one.

Even with precasting regrowth on pulls they pretty much get one shot more often than I would like to.

And with DK often "okey he is doing fine" keeping 90s and bam. Dead. Had no time to use CD and pop insta.

Not to mention no time to side-dps on pugs because dps take damage all the time. This weeks affix and melee dps... And of course they blame healer.

Bosses otherwise are breeze and afkfest.

Maybe it is just pugs.. Constantly only one who put up cc, soothe and dispel.

I would understand on some 12+ etc. plus but on lowers..

First week was blast but maybe it is just these affixes.

Tips on spiteful with melee dps? keeping hots does not seem to be enough and god damn tank keeps taking all my instant and regrowth casts.
    Feels like its tanks, IMO playing a Holy Pally and boss fights are a breeze, but the trash pulls with 300 one shot mechanics each is definitely where I struggle. I also noticed how shit Blood tanks seem to be and Ill lump Warriors in with them as well both seem squishy and pointless. I will not run with anything other than a Pally, Druid, Demon Hunter or Monk tank as they all seem to take little to no damage and are extremely easy to heal up.

I gave up on Druid Healing after Cata when they wanted you to cast heals... F that, I rolled Resto to run around and blanket the 25 man raid with hots and never run out of mana.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2021-01-12 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Resto Druid... I've seen the DK getting spiked to near death all the time. It scares me and leaves little room to heal the group.
    Their HP tends to ping pong but if you're having issues like that it's definitely on him not playing the spec properly. Not keeping bone armor stacks up, failing to use main toolkit: Death Strike and probably too concerned with doing DPS than mitigation. Sadly a lot of tanks love to do DPS and leave it up to the healer to mitigate most the damage going out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I also noticed how shit Blood tanks seem to be and Ill lump Warriors in with them as well both seem squishy and pointless.
    Yeah they're currently trying to increase the survivability of both tanks so we'll see where that leads them in a few weeks.

Blood
    [With regional restarts] Bone Shield grants armor equal to 70% of Strength (was 50%).

^ Is one such change coming after reset, so you should feel a bit of a survivability increase with Blood DKs.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2021-01-12 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I mean sure, but I was forced off my pally who can stun the vampire casting the enrage, into a DH for raid. So now I'm at the mercy of others for stuns..feelsbad
    hmm you have imprison and sigil of misery (assuming you took talent for it to get 1 sec activation) should be more than enough, its rather long cast and they don`t use it that often

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Moooks have lowest HP pools of all tanks, low armor and the fact that stagger doesn't mitigate the damage, it just delays the inevitable

they don't die from direct hit but from the dot afterwards
    you are aware that monks can cut that staggered dmg by half every couple sec with purifying brew?
    Its basically core of their defense
    Last edited by kosajk; 2021-01-13 at 11:54 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I used to like playing as resto but currently mythic and m+ feels so exhausting sometimes.

Especially with DK but not only one.

Even with precasting regrowth on pulls they pretty much get one shot more often than I would like to.

And with DK often "okey he is doing fine" keeping 90s and bam. Dead. Had no time to use CD and pop insta.

Not to mention no time to side-dps on pugs because dps take damage all the time. This weeks affix and melee dps... And of course they blame healer.

Bosses otherwise are breeze and afkfest.

Maybe it is just pugs.. Constantly only one who put up cc, soothe and dispel.

I would understand on some 12+ etc. plus but on lowers..

First week was blast but maybe it is just these affixes.

Tips on spiteful with melee dps? keeping hots does not seem to be enough and god damn tank keeps taking all my instant and regrowth casts.
    Depends on level. Dk has lowest armor of all tanks and only has max from having full 10 stacks of boneshield which will rarely happen or maintain due to resource management and the way they're consumed by auto attacks and such. Also trash hits pretty damn hard with some abilities especially on fort weeks. That being said, many are still used to the strong nature of Legion BFA where now you pretty much have to go in with a decent CD into pulls if you don't have full stacks or RP. But other than I think maybe prot warriors, we're in a not so great place. I've run into issues with DHs really because everyone has to run the MDI meta/fotm and expect to just be op without knowing how their class works. All in all good tanks may require a bit more attention in healing depending on the trash or until we get more gear to out gear it /further tuning.

These aren't tanks. They're dpsers who go tank spec, because they're more desirable, and then play like dpsers.

I've seen multiple tanks just not use any of their damage mitigation buttons.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-01-13 at 12:06 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    you are aware that monks can cut that staggered dmg by half every couple sec with purifying brew?
    Its basically core of their defense
    I know that and my point still stands

when warrior blocks, the damage is gone, when monk staggers, it's ticking untill he decides to clear

when warrior blocks, the damage is gone, when monk staggers, it's ticking untill he decides to clear
    well warrior have to decide that he want to block to and usually know when he should do that
    just don`t see the problem but we
    bad player will tank badly that we can agree to for sure, rest are some imagined problems ;P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

IS there a way to track when tanks use active mitigation visually? I can see Ironfur/Barkskin/SI in my healbot for example. Not sure if it exists for every tank.

If your tank isn't constantly kiting and DPS aren't using binding shot etc then tanks are going to get deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Yeah they're currently trying to increase the survivability of both tanks so we'll see where that leads them in a few weeks.

Blood
    [With regional restarts] Bone Shield grants armor equal to 70% of Strength (was 50%).

^ Is one such change coming after reset, so you should feel a bit of a survivability increase with Blood DKs.
    My dmg reduction went from 40.5% to 44%.
    3.5% / 40.5% = 8.6% less damage taken than before. Not the biggest buff but should be pretty good. We have a conduit that gives about 9% dmg reduction when we use lichborne and its one of our best ones. So this is like its up all the time. Should smooth us out a little more.

"Until he decides to clear", uhh ISB is no longer a thing and there is no choice on when to clear stagger. You purify on CD, and its 2 charges even so save the extra charge for emergency situations. You don't seem to understand how brewmaster works this xpac.