What is the most evil thing from this list

What is the most evil thing from this list: immorality or unethically ?
    Last edited by Rarec; 2022-01-23 at 02:16 PM.

All of the above.
    Never doubt that such needs to be immediately fought against and quickly put to an end. But playing games with comparative morality never works as the circumstances that create a particular evil demands scrutiny.

I swear we already had someone ask about all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I swear we already had someone ask about all this.

Yes, in fact, by the very same OP.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ls-in-the-lore

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Depends on context and the mythos in question.

For example, in the Warcraft universe, raising undead to some extent damns the soul of the one raised thus its an evil act. In some fiction, a skeleton is a soulless magical construct, a golem, a tool, and a tool is not inherently evil. As no context is given for these acts here and there are examples from various franchises given, I can't assume.

That said, I'd say the most evil act on this list is: spells that can cause permanent suffering, to include torturing souls and anything else that satisfies the definition of permanence. (as permanent, to me, would not be ended by death or even reality ending; its permanent. Not even eternity can free you from it, the existence of any negating possibility invalidates the word permanent to me)

Meme answer: not making this a poll.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2021-12-08 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No I mean like almost a copy/paste of that list in the OP.

Nevermind, the threads I was thinking of were only similar but also made by low post accounts like this one and this one.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2021-12-09 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarec View Post
    What is the most evil thing from this list: immorality or unethically ?
    Define your terms.
    Because in day to day use their meaning can easily be swapped out, making them identical.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Immorality. Because unethicalness can also be attributed to it

... hitherto we have been permitted to seek beauty only in the morally good - a fact which sufficiently accounts for our having found so little of it and having had to seek about for imaginary beauties without backbone! - As surely as the wicked enjoy a hundred kinds of happiness of which the virtuous have no inkling, so too they possess a hundred kinds of beauty; and many of them have not yet been discovered.

from Nietzsche's Daybreak, s. 468, R.J. Hollingdale transl

Determining the "most evil" between immorality and unethical behavior is a subjective matter, often influenced by individual perspectives and ethical frameworks.

In the context of discussing "Trails Carolina abuse," it's important to recognize that both immorality and unethical actions can contribute to harm and negative consequences. Immorality typically refers to actions that go against accepted moral principles, while unethical behavior pertains to actions that violate established ethical norms or codes of conduct.

The "Trails Carolina abuse" issue may involve elements of both immorality and unethical conduct, such as the mistreatment of individuals in a therapeutic wilderness program. In such cases, addressing and rectifying these actions is crucial, regardless of whether one term is considered "more evil" than the other.

Ultimately, what's most important is taking concrete steps to prevent and address any form of harm or wrongdoing, fostering a culture of accountability, and ensuring the safety and well-being of all individuals involved.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by augustusXs View Post
    ... hitherto we have been permitted to seek beauty only in the morally good - a fact which sufficiently accounts for our having found so little of it and having had to seek about for imaginary beauties without backbone! - As surely as the wicked enjoy a hundred kinds of happiness of which the virtuous have no inkling, so too they possess a hundred kinds of beauty; and many of them have not yet been discovered.

from Nietzsche's Daybreak, s. 468, R.J. Hollingdale transl
    Why does your post count remain at 0?