Why did Thrall lose his connection to the elements?

I just rolled a new shaman and have been playing their order hall campaign for the first time. Bit out of the loop.
    What happened on Draenor and why did Thrall's connection to the elements change?

Building on that, how does shamanism even work? Haha
    AFAIK, it's not built on faith like the light is, but rather on your relationship to the elements. That's a bit wishy-washy. How can you have a relation to the elements? And what might possibly influence it?

The way I understood it, he's having guilt issues over using the elements for vengeance rather than justice during the mak'gora, and his self-dount is what's making it hard for him to perform in the elemental business. Sort of like using the force, if you doubt you can do it properly. You're not going to be able to do it.

He forgot to renew his subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    How can you have a relation to the elements?
    You take them out on a date

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    The way I understood it, he's having guilt issues over using the elements for vengeance rather than justice during the mak'gora, and his self-dount is what's making it hard for him to perform in the elemental business. Sort of like using the force, if you doubt you can do it properly. You're not going to be able to do it.
    This essentially.

His doubt is preventing his connection to the Elements. He feels he is not worthy to use them after using them to kill Garrosh out of vengeance and guilt that he blames himself for Garrosh. It is likely a mental block for Thrall rather than something on the Elements side one as we have seen Shaman that abuse the elements still continue to use them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

How can you have a relation to the elements?
    Well you could either command the elements to do you bidding, like the Dark Shaman or Taunka, connect and work together with them, usual Shamanism, or even make contracts, like with Goblins.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I just rolled a new shaman and have been playing their order hall campaign for the first time. Bit out of the loop.
    What happened on Draenor and why did Thrall's connection to the elements change?

AFAIK, it's not built on faith like the light is, but rather on your relationship to the elements. That's a bit wishy-washy. How can you have a relation to the elements? And what might possibly influence it?
    Self doubt, guilt and the fact that the Doomhammer stopped obeying him, all led to him "loosing" his connection to the elements. Even though he did manage to use shamanistic powers during the Broken Shore scenario despite being haunted by doubt and guilt so.... In Torghast it seems he gets his powers back though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

he called to elements during a mak'gora and that's a big no-no for an orc, so he went to an exile

edit: sorry, i'm not a shaman, i'm most definately wrong
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    he called to elements during a mak'gora and that's a big no-no for an orc, so he went to an exile
    This is completely false and made up.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The canon answer is Thrall felt guilty using the elements for vengeance. The headcanon from Garrosh fans is "magic is cheating, so the Elements stopped responding".
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head

Basically, he was trying to deny that he was the one responsible for Garrosh by making him Warchief, despite EVERYONE, including Garrosh himself, telling him not to. Now he had to deal with him and admit that he was in fact repsonsible and that made him feel bad, cuz, he realized that, surprise, he was not perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The canon answer is Thrall felt guilty using the elements for vengeance. The headcanon from Garrosh fans is "magic is cheating, so the Elements stopped responding".
    Despite the fact that there is no rule for the use of magic during a mak'gora, so I really don't understand why people keep talking about that.

Why did Arthas lose his connection to the Light? Because he no longer believed that he would wield it, because some subconscious part of himself felt he was no longer worthy.