Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As a DH main since Legion I really have never felt bad on DH. Dps is really competitive overall, would like to see our max range tuned down a little so we can bump our base range up another 5-8 % to be middle of the pack if you will on mid range. Currently 1040 ish IO , hard to find groups for +15's mostly because of the stigma of the class and most of its players. Think that could easily do them even on boss health / dmg weeks. Don't see many pulls under 4.5k - 5k dps even in the 8+ min range if I am prepared. Our AoE is fantastic and doesnt burst as high as like wild spirits or infernals but we can do our dmg every pull unlike most classes. Metas CD isnt bad either so can get 1-2 in before each boss making packs easy. Our kite potential is amazing so we can help on neco weeks too. PvP appears to be our weakest big though, 1800+ has been a massive struggle for me. Bursting / micro cc's or mage / rogue / boomkin / paladin are just too big to compete with if they play correctly for me. Our tank spec is busted af and I don't want to even bring it up cause I see nerfs to our mobility / survivability coming in hot. Most DH's seeing low dps are trying to run the cookie cutter builds they read online and ignore throughput in big problem in min maxing our dps. No one cares if glaive tempest is a DPS boost if you never have a chance to use it. Also our mobility/kit makes us great or running orbs, soaks, burst aoe, allows us to maintain a good uptime and dps even when doing the most especially since we have no wind up to our dps. Think people miss what makes us good and think because our raw dps on top end isnt top 5 we are shit. I think a small buff may be in order, and in pvp the dodge to blade dance feels very missed, but I think Blizzard can solve us without much effort. Heres to hoping for good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you suggest RNG proc legendary with very little impact outside of bosses as a go-to m+ leg? dunno, I think I'll stick to something that will help me for the whole 40 minutes and is consistent rather than something RNG that is good for 8-10 minutes... if the RNG gods are with you.

I think he certainly plays with bad havocs, there is no way prot pala comes close to their dps, but its pretty meh anyway.

And frankly, the 4m CD on meta is pretty terrible for m+ either way, several dungeons have gaps between bosses short enough that meta doesn't even reset (theater 4>5 boss, other side 3>4 even if you keep it for the platform, necrotic 3>4, sanguine 2>3, altho I don't run that dung anyway) and you use it mid-pull or the expected gaps are in that uncomfortable 6-7m interval where you aren't sure if you can maybe squeeze an extra meta on trashpack or if you need to just delay the CD.
    Our aoe is still good our ST is where we hurt so Id rather buff that then our aoe. I am doin 5-6k+ every pull of trash. We dont need cds for our aoe as it is always consistent. and the ST leggo makes us top or near on bosses too. What more can you ask for?

AoE/Burst dmg is fine.
    What we need is ST dmg buff, and a significant one.

When that is done I'm fine with being middle of the pack, but not 20%+ behind on ST compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    AoE/Burst dmg is fine.

When that is done I'm fine with being middle of the pack, but not 20%+ behind on ST compared to other classes.
    This.
    Overall havoc is in an "OK" state, but ST dmg buff is needed. But that´s not the Big Problem.
    Biggest problem is the current Design for enemy mobs / Dungeons. If you get hit as a melee dps player you die in an second, every change Blizzard did to M+ Affix punished melees alot more than ranges.
    I for myself have to change to Vengeance, not because Havoc isn´t good, just because our other 2 Tanks (Blood DK and Druid) getting hit so hard that you can´t play them properly.

So I for myself hope for a massiv Buff for other tanks than DH, and a slight Buff for Havoc ST damage, so that I can switch back

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    AoE/Burst dmg is fine.

Basically feel the same as this in PVE. Our AOE feels fine, our ST is just laughable.

We could also definitely use some love in PVP (ST buff would help here also). No one wants to take you for RBG if you are not Vengeance, in arena it seems havoc is only viable due to "the hunt" NF ability. IMO they need to nerf the NF ability and buff the base toolkit so more covenants are viable. We do to little damage outside of "the hunt" in PVP, and are to squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I was having problems with DH havoc for a while now. Let me put it straight. The DPS is shit, despite me having ilvl 200 and Rio 600 I still get declines for Mythic+ (got my rio from my key groups) for rated BG majority of the time they went me to go Tank. The only time I use Havoc is 2v2 and 3V3 + world quests.

Here's the good part, you don't need to change gear whlist going between DPS and Tank since;

Haste=Vers Havoc
    Haste => Vers Veng

Only probably difference is a legendary.

Overall I solved the bad experience with good experience going tank this season. People now inv me as a tank to rated BGs , Mythic+ (highest was 11 vs max 6 with havoc) and the other parts like 3v3 and world quests havoc.

Don't go the extra mile this season with Havoc, go Vengeance. Let's all pray blizzard will buff havoc soon.
    vengence tanking is very fun in m+ though as long as you know how to kite

1) you can top charts - stop making "meta builds" then joining the crowds of ppl who did the same thing all off one guy who was apparently wrong.
    2) make your own parties more frequently than it sounds like you currently are (most of the people in the community are DPS players that are afraid of anything involving leadership ,responsibilities , or things that require you to do anything. So no offense but im gonna assume you're just another of those types that sits and complains about no invites while rotting to death.
    3) not getting invites isnt a problem with the class its a problem with the community and it's perception
    4)You didnt actually say that your damage was bad in your post.
    5) 5% magic debuff is always valued for any party . especially in the event where you have a non-dh tank. so i find it hard to believe that you just-get-no-invites because every group has a DH tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    Basically feel the same as this in PVE. Our AOE feels fine, our ST is just laughable.

We could also definitely use some love in PVP (ST buff would help here also). No one wants to take you for RBG if you are not Vengeance, in arena it seems havoc is only viable due to "the hunt" NF ability. IMO they need to nerf the NF ability and buff the base toolkit so more covenants are viable. We do to little damage outside of "the hunt" in PVP, and are to squishy.
    what legendaries do you have on your dh

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    what legendaries do you have on your dh
    Chaos Theory (Rank 4)
    Collective Anguish (Rank 2)
    Fiery Soul (Rank 1)

This is what happens when you only have two specs....
    I think single target dps is complete shit. their shit single target dps would postpone dungeon boss fights even longer then they already are. In every fight I destroyed their single target nearly everytime lol.